ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Visa Query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samrat_g

Indian Visa Query

Post by samrat_g » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:29 am

Hi All,

I am applying for 6 month Tourist Visa to cover the time whilst my OCI application is in process. I really do not have any plans to go to India, and the visa application is just to ensure I have travel document in case of any emergency.

I have few queries with regards to my application and I request you all to give me some guidance. My questions are as follows:

1) Date of Journey-I hope this is not a very important field and I can fill any date, say one month from the date of application.

2)Field ' Have you visited India before'- I would say NO because my previous visits were with Indian Passport. Please confirm

3) 'Countries Visited in the 10 years'-DO I need to fill this considering my previous(Indian) and present (British) nationaility. My Bristish Passport is pretty much blank and I am not sure what should I include in this field.

4) Not sure how this Online Application Works. On the last page of the online form there are two options(Modify/Edit and Verify COntinue). If I press 'Verify and Continue, will the form be submitted to the Indian High Commission. The question is relevant here because there could be mistakes in the form which may not be identified until a print out is taken and checked properly. My worry is there is a disclaimer at the top of the form which say any false information will cause legal action and obviously, I don't want to send a form with wrong information to the authority. I think just my Indian visa application is saved in their system does not mean that I have applied. If I find some big mistakes, I hope I can start with a fresh form and ignore the previous application which is in their system. Please can anyone comment on this.

A quick reponse will be much appreciated and I am planning to visit VFS office Tuesday.

Regards

samrat_g

Post by samrat_g » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:33 am

Please can anyone give me some suggestion.

imranb

Post by imranb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:49 pm

samrat_g wrote:Please can anyone give me some suggestion.
Hi Samrat,

How did you get along with your Indian Visa. What did you eventually fill in in the 'Have you travelled to India before' section? I am in a similar predicament and am struggling with the Indian Visa form. Please advise.

Regards,
Imran

awdrys1

Post by awdrys1 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 am

imranb wrote:
samrat_g wrote:Please can anyone give me some suggestion.
Hi Samrat,

How did you get along with your Indian Visa. What did you eventually fill in in the 'Have you travelled to India before' section? I am in a similar predicament and am struggling with the Indian Visa form. Please advise.

Regards,
Imran
I m still waiting for answer

samrat_g

Post by samrat_g » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:37 am

Hi,

I was granted Indian Visa a few weeks ago. The process was very smooth and just took two working days to get back my British passport with Indian visa stamped.

Regarding your question, I said 'NO'. If you want to be very sure, call VFS. There is a 020 number on their website. They were very helpful is answering my queries.

Good luck.

Regards

imranb

Post by imranb » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:29 am

samrat_g wrote:Hi,

I was granted Indian Visa a few weeks ago. The process was very smooth and just took two working days to get back my British passport with Indian visa stamped.

Regarding your question, I said 'NO'. If you want to be very sure, call VFS. There is a 020 number on their website. They were very helpful is answering my queries.

Good luck.

Regards
Many thanks Samrat for your response.

awdrys1

Post by awdrys1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm

samrat_g wrote:Hi,

Good luck.

Regards
When you apply for visa did you attach your surrender certificate
And one more thing as you mention ph no 020 which is I can't find
So can please reply me
Thanks in advance