ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendering Indian Passport at Birmingham

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imranb

Surrendering Indian Passport at Birmingham

Post by imranb » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 am

Has anyone recently submitted an application for surrendering Indian passport at Birmingham? I did mine on 17/06, and have not heard back so far....I am getting a bit anxious....Please share if you have had any recent experiences with the Birmingham VFS and/or High Commission.

shweta.duggal

Post by shweta.duggal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:25 am

one of our friend did it at hayes, london office it took around a week. Dont worry its not so long since you applied.
I am goign to apply too in a day or so. Can you please tell me if you submitted photos too with ur application?

I have to surrender 2 adult and 1 minor passport.

Thanks

imranb

Post by imranb » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:27 pm

shweta.duggal wrote:one of our friend did it at hayes, london office it took around a week. Dont worry its not so long since you applied.
I am goign to apply too in a day or so. Can you please tell me if you submitted photos too with ur application?

I have to surrender 2 adult and 1 minor passport.

Thanks
Thanks Shweta. No you don't need photos for surrendering Indian Passport applications.

shweta.duggal

Post by shweta.duggal » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:49 am

hi imranb

have you got your surrender certificate or not? I submitted on 2nd july in london office and today got the email that decision has been made. looks like a +ve news but cant be sure unless i get to see the docs. Shall pick up the docs next week.

imranb

Post by imranb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

shweta.duggal wrote:hi imranb

have you got your surrender certificate or not? I submitted on 2nd july in london office and today got the email that decision has been made. looks like a +ve news but cant be sure unless i get to see the docs. Shall pick up the docs next week.
I had submitted my application on 17th June in person at Birmingham, and still not heard anything from there. Traveling to India on 26th and visa is not in sight at all. Am really worried now :cry: