ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shenfaz
Newly Registered

Post by Shenfaz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 pm

chongkie wrote:Hello to all,

We just recieved our residence permit today (ILR), 3 July 2013.

My timelines for set(O) 5yr route via postal service.

posted 26 October 2012
UKBA acknowledgement 30 October 2012
Biometric 3 December 2012
Result 3 JULY 2013

THANKS BE TO GOD.

I can't think of any words to say but, thanks be to GOD again and again..

I wish that the other will get their soon.

Thanks to all.
congrats. Enjoy your ILR

mschauhan

Post by mschauhan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:34 am

Hey All,

It seems that UKBA is dealing with October cases as we can see some of our board member are getting results. What a Speed Guys ;) ;) ;)
As mentioned earlier, I applied for ILR on 7th of December 2012. Got my Bios done on 15th of Jan 2013. Called UKBA after 6 monhs of my application and got the same traditional reply :)
I think calling UKBA doesn't make any difference and has no effect on our applications. Have my fingers crossed. Best of Luck to Allllllllllllllll.......!!!!!!

Kind Regards

T.V.S.Kumaru
Newly Registered

ILR postal approved on 03-JULY-2013

Post by T.V.S.Kumaru » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:01 am

ILR postal approved on 03-JULY-2013

Set(o) application
ILR Posted on 31/Oct/2012
Biometrics done on 26/Nov/2012

Approval letter received on 04/July/2013

My suggestion after this long wait- Do not send by Post for ILR application

Incase you have already sent, then it is worth the wait, as 99% they give a successful approvals (subjective to only regular cases /not complicated )

ALL THE BEST to other fellow applicabts[/u]

Beautiful World
Newly Registered

Post by Beautiful World » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:07 am

By the Grace of God, I got my ILR today.

November Box is open now.

My timeline for set(O) is as follows,

Posted:12/11/2012
Acknowledgement:14/11/2012
Bio-metrics:02/01/2013
ILR approved on:02/07/2013
Received:04/07/2013

Don't loose hope guys, Keep believing in God, You'll all get through.

This forum is great. Please keep posting. It helps a lot.

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:11 am

So the average processing time is minimum 8 months now ?

This is not good as I applied on Feb 20th and was expecting the passport back around mid August. Looks like I will not have it before October end.

I have planned an expensive holiday for December and if the processing time gets worse , might have to cancel the holiday and take a big hit.

Looks very unfair and maybe even illegal as it is mentioned on their website that the processing would take 6 months. If my holiday does get cancelled because of the "I don't care" attitude of the HO , I will have a lot of time in December and probably will turn for help from the group which took the HO to court regarding the HSMP issue few years back.

aumae
Newly Registered

Post by aumae » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:11 am

I have received my BRP today 04/07/2013 dated 02/07/2013

My time line
Application Type: SET(O) HSMP (2 years) + Tier 1 (3 Years) + 3 Dependents
Date of Application: 27/10/2012
Acknowledgement Received: 30/10/2012
Payment Taken: 30/10/2012
Bio-metric letter: 23/11/2012
Bio-metric done : 26/10/2012
BRP Received: 04/07/2013
Passport and other documents: Awaiting?
It has been 8 months and one week of waiting.At the end of 7th month I passed on my case to my solicitor despite that they have sent the BRP to my home address rather than to my solicitor, it seems they haven't updated their records. Also they have made a mistake with the surname for all 3 dependents. I have sent them an e-mail to rectify the mistake, I received an automated message that it will be processed within 28 days. My wait hasn't come to an end yet. Good luck to every one guys all the best

kittylitter030507
Newly Registered

Post by kittylitter030507 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 pm

iceCold wrote:So the average processing time is minimum 8 months now ?
Yes we have been waiting 8 months now and no response even to going through our MLA to ask for my husband's case to be expedited.

Ours is a SET (M) application and straightforward case. I am a British Citizen.

Postal application for Indefinite Leave to Remain sent on 29 October 2012
Biometrics done 12th December 2012
DAT 1 form requested and done 11th February 2013

We have written to Rob Whiteman's email address copying Theresa May and my MLA and got a reply today sending us back to the Croydon unhelpful line. They also said this...

Enquiries into applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain are extensive and varied and can sometimes take longer than anticipated to complete. Some of the enquiries are completed by external agencies on our behalf. I am sorry that it is taking longer than our average waiting time to process, some applications may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out. We will notify your husband of the outcome once our enquiries are complete.

In recent months the number of applications for both temporary and indefinite leave has been higher than anticipated. The Home Office has service improvement plans in place and it expects that performance in all areas of permanent migration (settlement, European casework and nationality) will be back within service standard shortly.

The Home Office has increased the numbers of staff in both temporary and permanent migration to improve its productivity and is overseeing the improvement plans to ensure that progress in reducing waiting times remains on track."

This was the email address that wrote to me today...
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

It's soul destroying I know.

Good luck!

[/quote]
Last edited by kittylitter030507 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

ukdreamer

Post by ukdreamer » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:50 am

I wonder, in Premium service what kind of enquiries they do? that will get approved in 48 hours!!! Dodgy UKBA and their process!

kittylitter030507 wrote:
iceCold wrote:So the average processing time is minimum 8 months now ?
Yes we have been waiting 8 months now and no response even to going through our MLA to ask for my husband's case to be expedited.

Ours is a SET (M) application and straightforward case. I am a British Citizen.

Postal application for Indefinite Leave to Remain sent on 29 October 2012
Biometrics done 12th December 2012
DAT 1 form requested and done 11th February 2013

We have written to Rob Whiteman's email address copying Theresa May and my MLA and got a reply today sending us back to the Croydon unhelpful line. They also said this...

Enquiries into applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain are extensive and varied and can sometimes take longer than anticipated to complete. Some of the enquiries are completed by external agencies on our behalf. I am sorry that it is taking longer than our average waiting time to process, some applications may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out. We will notify Mr Soliman of the outcome once our enquiries are complete.

In recent months the number of applications for both temporary and indefinite leave has been higher than anticipated. The Home Office has service improvement plans in place and it expects that performance in all areas of permanent migration (settlement, European casework and nationality) will be back within service standard shortly.

The Home Office has increased the numbers of staff in both temporary and permanent migration to improve its productivity and is overseeing the improvement plans to ensure that progress in reducing waiting times remains on track."

This was the email address that wrote to me today...
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

It's soul destroying I know.

Good luck!
[/quote]

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:53 am

kittylitter030507 wrote: In recent months the number of applications for both temporary and indefinite leave has been higher than anticipated. The Home Office has service improvement plans in place and it expects that performance in all areas of permanent migration (settlement, European casework and nationality) will be back within service standard shortly.

I hope the numbers are significantly big and not a silly increase from 5 caseworkers to 6.

bl2013

Post by bl2013 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi
All the best to all that got their ILR.
Looks like UKBA are really processing oct/nov applications.
I have been waiting 7.1/2 months now, should be on my holiday 12 of july but thats all wasted now lost all hope. :(

Spring

Post by Spring » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:12 pm

bl2013 wrote:Hi
I have been waiting 7.1/2 months now, should be on my holiday 12 of july but thats all wasted now lost all hope. :(
Hi bl2913,

Don't give up, there is always hope!

Have you tried expediting your application by faxing/emailing/calling the HO with your humble but urgent request and flight tickets/details as evidence?

All the best.

bl2013

Post by bl2013 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Spring wrote:
Hi bl2913,

Have you tried expediting your application by faxing/emailing/calling the HO with your humble but urgent request and flight tickets/details as evidence?

All the best.
Hi spring
Thanks for your reply, this forum and people are great i always get some hope after reading posts.
Its to late now should be flying on fri , thats the life sometime you win and sometime lose.
Have not tried anything to speed up the processing as i believe only someone really ill or death in close family and then you can speed it up.
Seen so many people on here that tried and many not even got a reply from them.

Spring

Post by Spring » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:07 pm

bl2013 wrote:
Spring wrote:
Hi bl2913,

All the best.
Hi spring
Thanks for your reply, this forum and people are great i always get some hope after reading posts.
Its to late now should be flying on fri , thats the life sometime you win and sometime lose.
Have not tried anything to speed up the processing as i believe only someone really ill or death in close family and then you can speed it up.
Seen so many people on here that tried and many not even got a reply from them.

goingbrit

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 am Post subject:
Tier 1 dependant extension for child <18 yrs old

Current vignette: Tier 1 Dependant
Date of expiry of current leave: 30-Aug-2012
Date of Application: 20-Aug-2012 (by RM Special Delivery)
Date reached Home Office: 21-Aug-2012
Payment debited on: 24-Aug-2012 (Visa debit)
Biometric letter received: 6-Sep-2012
Biometric enrolled: 10-Sep-2012
Approval: 21-Nov-2012
Passport return: 22-Nov-2012
BRP: 26-Nov-2012

We had contacted our MP (who called UKBA and said their best guess was mid Dec), then sent a letter and a fax (with copies of plane tickets - nonemergency travel) to Sheffield office. Not sure if this had any effect ...

Hi bl2193,

I agree with you that time is running short since it is this Fri 12th when you are supposed to be going away.

But as you can see from the above quoted case, there are some that have succeeded.

Also, please see the following link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=40

The sheffield fax number as used by one of the posters is : 01142072536

You'd never know until you try.

All the best.

ccc
Newly Registered

Post by ccc » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 pm

8 months now
submitted 5th nov set o

BRP
Newly Registered

Post by BRP » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:25 am

[quote="bl2013"][quote="Spring"][quote="bl2013"]Hi
I have been waiting 7.1/2 months now, should be on my holiday 12 of july but thats all wasted now lost all hope. :([/quote]

Hi bl2913,

All the best.[/quote]

Hi spring
Seen so many people on here that tried and many not even got a reply from them.[/quote]

Hi bl2913

I already had ILR last year but use to visit this forum sometimes. My application was with UKBA for 5 months in June 12. (applied Jan 12). I had better job offer and my interview was successful. My new employer had a only concern about my original documents. Even I was aware about Employee checking services (by employer), I wrote a letter to my MP (online on MP website) saying, my employer don't want to go via that route and I loose the better job opportunity only because UKBA took 5 months. I also wrote that if I don't get this job (with higher salary than current one) HMRC also loose higher tax. (this is not the reason specified by UKBA i.e. someone ill in your family, etc)

Very Next day after writing letter to my MP, I received a CC copy from my MP letter addressing UKBA. aprrox 19 June and my decisions made by UKBA on 22 June and received documents i think on 24 or 25 June.

So don't give up, I think try all these things altogether.
1. Fax a letter saying it is more that 7 months with your ticket, etc
2. Call them once or twice
3. Write a letter to you MP (attached your ticket, etc)

Do it today and who knows, you might get that in time.

Regards & Best Luck

chongkie
Newly Registered

Post by chongkie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Hello to all,

We just recieved our residence permit today (ILR), 3 July 2013.

My timelines for set(O) 5yr route via postal service.

posted 26 October 2012
UKBA acknowledgement 30 October 2012
Biometric 3 December 2012
Result 3 JULY 2013

THANKS BE TO GOD.

I can't think of any words to say but, thanks be to GOD again and again..

I wish that the other will get their soon.

Thanks to all.
Got my orignal document the next day, 4 July 2013. These completes my timeline.

Thanks to all and good luck to all of us..

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Ombudsman contact ukba on my behalf they states my application is allocated to caseworker for urgent consideration and that was over a week ago. How long u think it will take them to make that decision. I got a flight for next week I'm worried. Been waiting for 9 months

glyyde

Post by glyyde » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:01 pm

How did you manage to get the Ombudsman involve?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:13 pm

glyyde wrote:How did you manage to get the Ombudsman involve?
You need to go through your mp first, but I ask my mp to refer me but mp was acting like he don't wana do it so I send ombudsman a email and explain my situation and he contact ukba on the same day and couple days after ukba reply that application is allocated to caseworker for urgent consideration.

ilr-tracker

Tracker !!

Post by ilr-tracker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Guys,
Would appeciate if you could update tracker with your timeline.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 844#873844

Cannot access skydrive.
Make this world a better place to live

smj_jak

Appeal in pending while 10 years long residency

Post by smj_jak » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi Guys
I am in need of help. Could anyone suggest/advise me with 10years long residency SET (LR) form please.
I am already in appeal process with Tier1 Entrepreneur. All my documents and passport’s with HO. Next months I have to submit another fresh application of SET (LR).
Could anyone suggest me what documents I have to send HO
1. Application
2. Life in UK Test Report
3. Two Photos
4. Appeal Reference No.

What else

Thanks for all your Suggestion/Advise.

varundhyani
Newly Registered

Applied on 10th September 2012, still waiting

Post by varundhyani » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:18 pm

I applied on 10 September 2012 under Set(O). Still waiting for approval.

Anybody have idea what is happening to September applications??

Spring wrote:
Hi bl2913,

All the best.

ilr-tracker

Re: Applied on 10th September 2012, still waiting

Post by ilr-tracker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:31 pm

@Varun - I believe HO is clearing of Oct/Nov applications, but again this is from the people on the forum.
Donot really think it works in first come first serve basis ppl who applied in Jan-2013 have also got approvals.

Anyways all the best.
varundhyani wrote:I applied on 10 September 2012 under Set(O). Still waiting for approval.

Anybody have idea what is happening to September applications??

Spring wrote:
Hi bl2913,

All the best.

ilr-tracker

Re: Appeal in pending while 10 years long residency

Post by ilr-tracker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:33 pm

@smi_jak - this form is for 5 yr application. I think you should post in 10yr forum. Guys there are also helpfull.

All the best.
smj_jak wrote:Hi Guys
I am in need of help. Could anyone suggest/advise me with 10years long residency SET (LR) form please.
I am already in appeal process with Tier1 Entrepreneur. All my documents and passport’s with HO. Next months I have to submit another fresh application of SET (LR).
Could anyone suggest me what documents I have to send HO
1. Application
2. Life in UK Test Report
3. Two Photos
4. Appeal Reference No.

What else

Thanks for all your Suggestion/Advise.

ranadawood

Post by ranadawood » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi Guys,

Today I again called UKBA they told me that still Oct/Nov application are in process. I asked lady what is your processing standard. she told me they are processing 95 % application in 6 month time. I told now the criteria is changes now 5% application are processed in 6 month time and 95% are waiting. :) but she didn’t agree and told no UKBA is processing only remaining 5% application ( what a big lie). so all Nov ,Dec, Jan are in 5% applicant. I don’t believe how much UKBA is absurd.
Anyhow guys please keep posted your progress
progress
Thanks