ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PSW - Dependant Visa - Advice Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abdullatheefpm
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PSW - Dependant Visa - Advice Urgent

Post by abdullatheefpm » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 am

Hi,

I am currently residing in the UK with Tier 1 PSW visa, But currently unemployed and looking for better opportunities.

Recently got married and planning to bring my wife as dependant to UK. Can you please advice me, Is it a mandatory requirement to have a job, to bring my dependant even though we provide all required document for the particular visa.

Did anyone had similar experience and brought their dependant without job, If we can bring, Any additional documents should be submitted apart from the stated in supporting guidance.

Many Thanks,

Abdul Latheef.

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:27 am

Hi
I'm gonna get married next month. I searched a lot about it and what I found that you don't need employment to bring your wife in UK on dependant visa.

abdullatheefpm
Newly Registered

Post by abdullatheefpm » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 am

Thank you very much... Is there any additional documents has to be submitted to testify our present circumstances, if so what.

Momi

Post by Momi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am

Attest your BRP + passport from any solicitor. They normally charge a 10er for this job.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 pm

abdullatheefpm wrote:Thank you very much... Is there any additional documents has to be submitted to testify our present circumstances, if so what.
The requirement of maintenance funds is there for the same reason. You should be able to support yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. You can always show more than the required amount (for 3 months) in your account.

maylia88
Newly Registered

Post by maylia88 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi,

Sorry I am very new to this immigration board. I was just looking around for different advices on ILR but randomly popped in here.

I was granted my Tier 1 PSW Dependant in December and I can assured you that your main applicant (the one who has Tier 1 PSW) doesn't need to have employment for you to be able to get the visa. In my case, my husband was even with me in Vietnam when the time I applied for my dependant visa so we didn't have to prove anything about accommodation.

Documents we provided the Vietnam Embassy:

Marriage Certificate, Proof of wedding celebration (pictures, invitation)
Bank Statement cover 3 months period
My husband passport and visa
My passport

Those were all really. Hope this helps.

abdullatheefpm
Newly Registered

Post by abdullatheefpm » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Thank you very much everyone. Now we have applied for the visa, Keeping fingers crossed. I will update the decision here.

Once again, Thank you very much.

abdullatheefpm
Newly Registered

Post by abdullatheefpm » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 am

Guys received the dependant visa for my wife.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Abdul.

kingovilarge
Newly Registered

PSW Dependent form(urgent)

Post by kingovilarge » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Hello all i need your help. can anyone tell me which form i can use to apply for my dependent from outside the UK?

Thanks

yesisay
Newly Registered

can psw switch to dependent of another category like Tier 2?

Post by yesisay » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:00 am

Hi to all,

I am in PSW and my gf in also in PSW. i get married here in uk now. we want to apply for tier 2 sponsorship that my gf got one. I know she can change her status to Tier 2, but I wanted to know, Can I apply as dependent of my gf within uk( who is applying for tier 2)? Do i have to go back to my home country and apply from there?

thanks