ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Carers allowance and applying for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NaaNaa90

Carers allowance and applying for spouse visa

Post by NaaNaa90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi all,

My friend will be applying for her husbands visa soon. She will also be receiving carers allowance on account of caring for her elderly mother.

This is a list of benefits/income she receives every month:

Carers allowance £239
Child tax credit £250
Child benefit £85.20
Income support £180 total= £754 monthly and weekly total= £188

As she is exempt from the financial rules is this enough to care for her child (who is in the UK with her and a british citizen) aswell as her husband (pakistani citizen)?

Is there any one else who has applied under the exemption rules and found success with the visa application?

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi i am exactly in the same situation i have recently applied for my husbands visa in pakistan under these rules ill let you if i hear anything from them. Good luck

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Is there any savings or a part-time job and does the partner have any prospect of a job?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:47 pm

sonya24 wrote:Hi i am exactly in the same situation i have recently applied for my husbands visa in pakistan under these rules ill let you if i hear anything from them. Good luck
Thanks for replying Sonya. Can you list what you sent as financial proof? How many bank statements? And did you get any professional help from lawyers/advisers etc?

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:48 pm

D4109125 wrote:Is there any savings or a part-time job and does the partner have any prospect of a job?
Approx £1000 in savings and though he doesn't have an official job offer it will be fairly easy to get a job as a warehouse or telesales operative.
And she doesn't have a part time job.

Will this help her case?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:43 pm

The case would be supported if he had a job offer. Saying that you can easily get a job is not the case and in the current climate is not very accurate. The savings will help but a job offer would be good.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:46 pm

D4109125 wrote:The case would be supported if he had a job offer. Saying that you can easily get a job is not the case and in the current climate is not very accurate. The savings will help but a job offer would be good.
Okay, thanks. Would a job offer suffice in the form of a signed letter from the prospective employer?

What financial proof does she need to show? Is it 6 months or 1 month bank statements? Especially if she's going to be including her savings. Or is this not applied to her because she is exempt?
Also, do all the other documents remain the same for subsisting marriage and accommodation etc.?

Thanks in advance. :')

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:10 pm

NaaNaa90 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:The case would be supported if he had a job offer. Saying that you can easily get a job is not the case and in the current climate is not very accurate. The savings will help but a job offer would be good.
Okay, thanks. Would a job offer suffice in the form of a signed letter from the prospective employer?

What financial proof does she need to show? Is it 6 months or 1 month bank statements? Especially if she's going to be including her savings. Or is this not applied to her because she is exempt?
Also, do all the other documents remain the same for subsisting marriage and accommodation etc.?

Thanks in advance. :')
Yes a signed letter from a prospective employer on headed paper should suffice (with contact details). For the Carer's Allowance, you will need to show 1. the letter of entitlement and 2. a bank statement in the last 12 months showing credit of carer' allowance. A recent statement for the savings should suffice. All other documentary evidence is the same.

sairamuzafar
Newly Registered

Re: Carers allowance and applying for spouse visa

Post by sairamuzafar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:52 am

Hi there,
Im in the same situation. Could I ask did any of you get yourpartners visa?

Ykhurram
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ykhurram » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi I applied under the same rules. Does anyone know how long it will take to get a reply.

Ykhurram
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ykhurram » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:52 pm

sairamuzafar wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:52 am
Hi there,
When did u apply?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Ykhurram wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:52 pm
sairamuzafar wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:52 am
Hi there,
When did u apply?
This thread is over 4 years old and none of the contributing members are still active on the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.