ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting " sucks"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madi

Waiting " sucks"

Post by madi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:29 pm

Anyone waiting from 1st week of May :cry: :cry:

scrapper

Re: Waiting " sucks"

Post by scrapper » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:21 pm

madi wrote:Anyone waiting from 1st week of May :cry: :cry:
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Palestine, Jordan and few other middle eastern countries. Expect a delay of upto 3 - 6 months from the date of application.

there are many people from these countries waiting and they have applied in Feb - April. I assume HO makes some other checks on these nationalities which takes longer.

SofiaofWales
Newly Registered

Post by SofiaofWales » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:47 pm

scrapper wrote:
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Palestine, Jordan and few other middle eastern countries. Expect a delay of upto 3 - 6 months from the date of application.

there are many people from these countries waiting and they have applied in Feb - April. I assume HO makes some other checks on these nationalities which takes longer.

Are you sure this is true? I am waiting for over 3 months and am belongs to one of the countries u mentioned. I heard this before but was not sure it was true as HO didn't mention it anywhere. tnx for info

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 am

SofiaofWales: scrapper is 100% correct. I have done some extensive research on it and have also spoken to at least 10 people who are from one of these countries and currently awaiting decisions on their applications which are taking 3-6 months. I am also from one of these countries and sent my application in 1st week of May. Still waiting :(
Last edited by linkers on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:03 am

SofiaofWales wrote:
scrapper wrote:

Are you sure this is true? I am waiting for over 3 months and am belongs to one of the countries u mentioned. I heard this before but was not sure it was true as HO didn't mention it anywhere. tnx for info
This was an assumption, if you look through the timeline you will see there are so many people from these countries who had to wait between 2 - 6 months. For example following authors are still waiting or had to wait for long time: ayesha11, ikk1980, ukforever, syedyasir4, Mrs Azad, miyazi78, abedul_ala, fiqbal, saadmushtaq, ya75khan, Sorry2 and many more.

By looking at the trend I think citizens of the following countries Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Palestine, Jordan and few other middle eastern countries are subject to additional inquiries and checks.

Home Office will never mention this anywhere to avoid backlash from the public. This is the research that I carried out. There are so many applicants who received their approval within 2 weeks after submitting the application and none of them are from the countries mentioned above. This has to be HO's internal classified policy.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 am

I completely agree with you scrapper. I also got excited to see 2 or 3 weeks approval times but then I realised the fact that certain nationality's applications are taking a lot longer than others.

I have myself spoken to at least 8-10 people on this forum who have confirmed that they are from one of these countries and are waiting for 3,4 or 6 months.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 am

I think citizens of the above mentioned countries are considered high risk. Therefore HO have to make additional enquiries such as US CIA and GCHQ Intelligence and etc,.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 am

That's correct scrapper. As most applications are straight forward and the refusal rate of citizenship applications is only 4%, the applications from these countries' nationals eventually get approved but just take a long time (usually between 3-6 months).

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Linkers Please update this thread when you get your approval. I applied on 17th of June, it has not been a month since I applied. So I am guessing it may take between 2 to 4 months to get the outcome.

Linkers I wish you all the best and hope you get your approval soon.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:52 pm

No problem scrapper. I and some more people (who are in a similar state) will update this post and also our main BC timeliness as soon as we get our approvals.

As I mentioned earlier, there is nothing to worry about as most BC applications are straight forward, refusal rate is very low and they eventually get approved. As far as the processing time is concerned, this seems to be quite normal for certain nationalities as UKBA needs to do some additional checks (God only knows what checks they are ). :)

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Linkers I was reading a document from the link you posted above in one of the posts. It is very interesting to see the breakdown of the applications, grant, refusal and geographical statistics.

Keep up the good work buddy.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Yeah it's very interesting to know these facts. You will also find details of all other categories (work, visit, study, ILR etc) in it.
Last edited by linkers on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:29 pm

scrapper wrote:Linkers I was reading a document from the link you posted above in one of the posts. It is very interesting to see the breakdown of the applications, grant, refusal and geographical statistics.

where is the link?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 pm

njoy1987 wrote:
scrapper wrote:Linkers I was reading a document from the link you posted above in one of the posts. It is very interesting to see the breakdown of the applications, grant, refusal and geographical statistics.

where is the link?
http://www.data.gov.uk/dataset/immigrat ... citizeship
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks for sharing the link D4109125.

njoy1987: The URL was embedded in 4%.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:34 pm

linkers wrote:Thanks for sharing the link D4109125.

njoy1987: The URL was embedded in 4%.
Sorry didnt see many thanks :)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:36 pm

no problem njoy1987 :)

Azhaar
Mood:

Post by Azhaar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:33 am

scrapper wrote:
SofiaofWales wrote:
scrapper wrote:

This was an assumption, if you look through the timeline you will see there are so many people from these countries who had to wait between 2 - 6 months. For example following authors are still waiting or had to wait for long time: ayesha11, ikk1980, ukforever, syedyasir4, Mrs Azad, miyazi78, abedul_ala, fiqbal, saadmushtaq, ya75khan, Sorry2 and many more.

By looking at the trend I think citizens of the following countries Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Palestine, Jordan and few other middle eastern countries are subject to additional inquiries and checks.

Home Office will never mention this anywhere to avoid backlash from the public. This is the research that I carried out. There are so many applicants who received their approval within 2 weeks after submitting the application and none of them are from the countries mentioned above. This has to be HO's internal classified policy.
I have noticed that too, I submitted my application early June and I saw others who submitted in June have already been approved.

I come from the Middle East.

I don't know what to call this. Is it not discrimination to a race / religion.

Why UKBA judge an individual by his/ her own home country specially for someone like that j spent most of my life in the uk.

Very annoying.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:11 am

Azhaar wrote:
scrapper wrote:
SofiaofWales wrote:
scrapper wrote:

I have noticed that too, I submitted my application early June and I saw others who submitted in June have already been approved.

I come from the Middle East.

I don't know what to call this. Is it not discrimination to a race / religion.

Why UKBA judge an individual by his/ her own home country specially for someone like that j spent most of my life in the uk.

Very annoying.
Indirect discrimination perhaps, though arguably justified in the interest of national security which, generally outweighs anything else.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:18 am

I applied on 13th June, so lets see how long it takes. people from June are receiving approvals right, left and center.

Scrapper and linkers theory of high risk countries is on test here.

Good Luck to all
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:44 am

hemalay: I applied on 8th May and still waiting. I know at least 8 more people on this forum (and they are are from one of these countries) who are also waiting for 3-4 months.

HelenaTores
Newly Registered

Post by HelenaTores » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:03 am

I've applied on the 25th of April and still waiting. I'm not from any of those countries. :?:

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:10 am

HelenaTores: There could be other reasons for the delay. The reason I and scrapper mentioned the 'high risk country' factor is because 8 out of 10 delay cases we have seen on the forum are from the nationals of these countries.

The most common reasons for the delay are: (if you are not from one of the high risk countries).

1). Not meeting the residential requirement.
2). One of the passports is lost.
3). Criminal Convictions.
4). Tax related issues etc.

If none of the above applies to you, then don't forget UKBA's standard processing time for BC applications is 6 months. The reason a lot of people are getting quick approvals could be the low work load in the dept which handles citizenship applications. That doesn't mean everyone will get approval in 3 or 4 weeks as there could be other factors (like some case workers could be less efficient than others).
Last edited by linkers on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 am

Hi All,

I have a suggestion, can we add the country of origin to the timeline fields so that things are clearer. As everybody knows quite few people in the situation if we add this to the timeline we will be able to look at things on a bigger sample size.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 am

That's a very good suggestion imran22 and I think I suggested it in one of the posts that we should add country of origin in the citizenship timeline.