ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:21 am

Hi guys,

We (me,my wife, 7years old son) was apply to TD at April. We still didn't register on NHS local GP. Local GP REQURED passports. We haven't got passports. They not accept biometrics resident permit or UK driver license. So, We was declained from GP. My wife pregnant (5th month and still without doctor checking during pregnance), I have big problem with stomack, my son had last checking in doctor 1,5 year ago. School requred GP registration. We wrote to MP. MP sent letters for Home Office and GP. We received copies of MP letters to HO and GP. We waiting now

Application timeline
Eligibility criteria: Refugee status ILR (convention travel documents)
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 02-04-2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04-04-2013
Date of debit of fees: pay by cheque
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 12-04-2013
Date of receipt of travel document: waiting

olazh

Post by olazh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:57 am

Hi All

Could you please tell me what documents you sent together with application for Travel Document.

Many thanks in advance

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm

olazh wrote:Hi All

Could you please tell me what documents you sent together with application for Travel Document.

Many thanks in advance
I sent biometric residence permit (BRP), letter from Home Office about determation and application.

olazh

Post by olazh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Thanks slavaengland, for your replay

Any good news from those who's waiting?

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:16 pm

olazh wrote:Thanks slavaengland, for your replay

Any good news from those who's waiting?
I let you know good news when i will received TD

eeltempura
Newly Registered

How do we get the CTD?

Post by eeltempura » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi guys,

I just have a quick question, how do you receive the CTD? will they send it in mail with the documents you have supplied before? or do they send you a letter, and you go collect it from somewhere? I have applied first of april and still waiting.

Thanks

They don't care abt us
Newly Registered

application withdrawn

Post by They don't care abt us » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:51 am

hello guys
just to inform you that i decided to withdraw my ctd application. couldnt help it was getting harder for me to deal all the pressure resulting from ukba incompetency. i called them three weeks ago to stop my application and even that was complicated. now just expecting to get my documents back. now to answer to some questions
Never send original BRP always a copy as you never know how long the procedure is gonna take so you need to keep any form of ID with you.

And the second answer is that they are going to post your ctd with all relevant document you have sent via post.

Enjoy your summer all.

olazh

Post by olazh » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:22 am

Hi They don't care abt us
Its sad to hear that you withdrawn your application. How long you was waiting? Hope all be ok with your next stage.

Wishing you all the best

Padsy

Post by Padsy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Finally received biometric permit after 11 month wait, longest time I've had to wait for anything, applied in August 2012

They don't care abt us
Newly Registered

application withdrawn

Post by They don't care abt us » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:27 pm

hi guyz,
i applied on the 25th of january, acknowledgement of receipt, 29
and fees debitted on the 31st.
now waiting to get at least my documents.
hey padsy is brp you received or ctd??

They don't care abt us
Newly Registered

application withdrawn

Post by They don't care abt us » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 pm

thank you olazh for your support, i wish all the best to you, hopefully you dont get to wait as much as i did.
next stage will be better for all of us hopefully.

Padsy

Post by Padsy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:59 pm

It's Brp but I rang HO and they said it comes separately and I shud receive it within next couple of days

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re CTD Processing time

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Padsy wrote:Finally received biometric permit after 11 month wait, longest time I've had to wait for anything, applied in August 2012
( PADSY) Congratulation its take a very long time. just tell us this your set protection ILR application or CTD application. We are also in the waiting list I don`t know when they are issuing but just waiting.
best wishes for next stage.
babe khyber

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:18 pm

who know, do i need visa to Malta for 5 days stay with CTD?

Padsy

Post by Padsy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi babe kyber it's only CTD

abdolrahman
Newly Registered

Travel document

Post by abdolrahman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:01 pm

What is your experience?

Please help :

Application timeline
Eligibility criteria: refugee status ILR (convention travel document)
Date of application: 07 September 2012
Date of receipt by UKBA: NONE
Date of debit of fees: BY Cheqe
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: none
Date of receipt of travel document: still waiting

please help me how can i do deal with that i am quit depress of that , i don't know what is last time for get travel document for first time so i have been waiting for 11 month, please advice

:( :( :( :?: :?: :twisted: :x :shock: :cry: :oops:

fatalist
Newly Registered

CTD

Post by fatalist » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:16 am

@abdolrahman

I'm in the same boat as u my friend! Applied in Sept '12 and still waiting. I have involved my MP. He has been communicating with HO and he was told that they are currently looking at applications from July '12.
The wait is really frustrating. If I knew beforehand that I had to wait for a whole year even to entertain the idea of getting a CTD, I would've never applied in the first place.
The thing is that HO's response is a bit misleading, to say the least. It's quite obvious, just reading from people's response on this forum, that some people who applied even later than us got their CTD in 4-5 month time. I don't really have to look even that far to give another example - my brother applied about a month later than me but he has received his CTD in March. Tell me please who does that work?! Don't understand the system!

Michael.U
Newly Registered

Post by Michael.U » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:58 pm

@abdolrahman you might need to call them to check if they actually received the application because they didn't send you any Acknowledgement which is quite worrying. Call them on 0876067766 option 2 & 3. I got a confirmation on the 3rd of December but am still waiting. My mates that applied in Feburary have all gotten theirs.

Michael.U
Newly Registered

Post by Michael.U » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:00 pm

@Fatalist i think they pick the applications they choose to process at random obviously it doesn't appear to be on first come first serve basis...nothing to do but wait and pray. If we have waited this long we can still endure.. One day all this will be over...

abdolrahman
Newly Registered

HY HUYS

Post by abdolrahman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 pm

thank for all my friends for answer my questions.
although i called them many time and they answer some stupid thing and didnt say any useful thing for quench my waiting , so is quit not fair and i dont know how we can do for that , all of my friends got their Travel Document at least 2 ans 3 month , meanwhile they just ready to take off the money and make problem for refugees ,that is absolutely shame for a country which all time talked about human right .
:( :( :( :( :( :(

n1994
Newly Registered

Post by n1994 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:54 am

Hello all!

anyone applied for the emergency travel document? I basically sent off my application with my medical report and I'm going to fax them again tomorrow with evidence of my illness. Does anyone know the wait time for applications with medical consideration? I have ILR and I'm renewing my CTD as I had a child CTD previously (5 years).

Padsy

Post by Padsy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:38 am

Hi ab.... u sed uve been waiting since September , if its any consolation, no one has been waiting for over a year on this forum I don't think, well correct me pliz if I'm wrong, but this is what I looked at so was gona wait til it got to 1 year then consider withdrawing application, just think uve waited this long already, out of interest did they take money out of ur account and did u go to get ur biometrics done or did u have them done before , coz if not then u do need to chase it up x

Padsy

Post by Padsy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:43 am

Here's m timeline , hope it helps

Eligibility criteria: refugee status (convention travel document)
Date of application: 08 august 2012
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09 August 2012
Date of debit of fees: 11 August 2012
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: none
Date of biometric enrolment : 13 September 2009
Date of receipt of travel document: 9 July 2013

olazh

Post by olazh » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:43 am

Hi

Hope this week going to bring a lot of good news.
Im waiting for CTD as well, fingers crossed!!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

olazh

Post by olazh » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:45 am

Padsy Congratulation!!!