ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting " sucks"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 am

I request all those who belongs to so called high risk countries to update this thread with their timeline so that we can test our high risk countries theory. Once we have the data we should be able to distinguish whether this theory is correct or malformed.

Gentlemen we know we will get our outcome at some point in the future, but we can help others by testing this "High Risk Countries Theory"

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 am

I agree with you scrapper. I can confirm that I am from one of these countries and I applied on 8th of May via NCS.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:29 am

I am from Pakistan and have applied on 19th June. Still waiting..June applicants are recieving approvals. Just looking at the fee timeline from those my fees was debited the next day (21st June) after the application reached HO.

Have to get the approval before end of August to get a scholarship at a university.

Good Luck All.

HelenaTores
Newly Registered

Post by HelenaTores » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:40 am

HelenaTores wrote:I've applied on the 25th of April and still waiting. I'm not from any of those countries. :?:
I'm from former USSR, now Russian Federation.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:52 am

Applied 25th April from the Middle East
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

niteshj

Re: Waiting " sucks"

Post by niteshj » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:37 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Indirect discrimination perhaps, though arguably justified in the interest of national security which, generally outweighs anything else.
+1
there is obviously a reason why HO has to do extra checks - I am sure they don't do it for just for fun

it could also be that these countries take a longer time to get back to HO requests for verifying applicant?

HelenaTores
Newly Registered

Post by HelenaTores » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 pm

[/quote]+1
there is obviously a reason why HO has to do extra checks - I am sure they don't do it for just for fun

it could also be that these countries take a longer time to get back to HO requests for verifying applicant?[/quote]

Do you really think that any country in the world would consider or reply to Home Office "requests"? Oh my.... :lol:
Britain along with the USA is the symbol of "THE WEST" - "The Evil Empire" The only country would reply is the USA (FBI/CIA) and even that is pretty much doubtful. And don't make me even start about the "reasons" for extra checks.

hsmp2007Tier1

Post by hsmp2007Tier1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:58 pm

I fully agree with linkers and scrappers.

I am from Pakistan (applied 01 May 2013) and still waiting ...

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Gentlemen, lets work together by posting your nationality and timeline in this thread to find out why HO is taking so long for certain applicants and only few days for the rest.

Once we have enough data we then should be able to judge why this long wait?

Thank you in advance for helping each other.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:18 pm

HelenaTores wrote:
HelenaTores wrote:I've applied on the 25th of April and still waiting. I'm not from any of those countries. :?:
I'm from former USSR, now Russian Federation.
Probably former USSR is considered high risk too, due to many spies and agents.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Just found an interesting list on the internet. It's not 100% accurate as it also has India in it and we know that Indian Nationals are currently not facing any delays with their BC applications.

But it gives a fairly good idea of all other possible high risk countries.

hsmp2007Tier1

Post by hsmp2007Tier1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks linkers - though the list is not very clear but surely atleast it does suggest that the concept of blacklist/high risk is prevailing at the Home Office which could affect the duration of applications being processed.

I personally think blacklisted/high risk could be of various categories like :

applicants from high terrorism risk countries one category

chances of people disappearing on student/visitor visas another category (this list looks like for this category)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:04 pm

I agree with you hsmp2007Tier1.

As you said, it does suggest that UKBA must have a similar list.

Misu79

Hi

Post by Misu79 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm from Syria and I applied for citizenship on the 09 of April 2013 and still waiting and also one of my friend he is also from Syria. It's took him 9 month to get approval..

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:33 pm

I am from one of the mentioned "dodgy" countries, or to be politically correct, high risk nation. I can see the trend as I have always faced extra delays on the basis of my origin (e,g schengen visas, passing border control etc)

Surprisingly, my application for citizenship was approved in less than four weeks from the date they have received it 09/05/13 - approval letter dated 3rd of June 2013.

So I am not sure if the country list "alone" is a reason for extra scrutiny.

May be they do extra checks in security databases for randomly selected applicants from these nations. It could be that my profession (requiring me to be registered with a governing body) exempted me from these extra checks...but I am only speculating.

I hope that you all get your approval eventually, I can imagine that the wait can create a lot of anxiety.

fiqbal

Post by fiqbal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:39 pm

i applied 4th of april from pakistan.

ijaz.khanz
Newly Registered

Post by ijaz.khanz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 pm

fiqbal wrote:i applied 4th of april from pakistan.
Applied 17/04/13
Approval 26/06/13
From pakistan

SofiaofWales
Newly Registered

Post by SofiaofWales » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:40 pm

scrapper wrote:
SofiaofWales wrote:
scrapper wrote:
madi wrote:Anyone waiting from 1st week of May :cry: :cry:
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Palestine, Jordan and few other middle eastern countries. Expect a delay of upto 3 - 6 months from the date of application.

there are many people from these countries waiting and they have applied in Feb - April. I assume HO makes some other checks on these nationalities which takes longer.

Are you sure this is true? I am waiting for over 3 months and am belongs to one of the countries u mentioned. I heard this before but was not sure it was true as HO didn't mention it anywhere. tnx for info
This was an assumption, if you look through the timeline you will see there are so many people from these countries who had to wait between 2 - 6 months. For example following authors are still waiting or had to wait for long time: ayesha11, ikk1980, ukforever, syedyasir4, Mrs Azad, miyazi78, abedul_ala, fiqbal, saadmushtaq, ya75khan, Sorry2 and many more.

By looking at the trend I think citizens of the following countries Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Palestine, Jordan and few other middle eastern countries are subject to additional inquiries and checks.

Home Office will never mention this anywhere to avoid backlash from the public. This is the research that I carried out. There are so many applicants who received their approval within 2 weeks after submitting the application and none of them are from the countries mentioned above. This has to be HO's internal classified policy.
scrapper n linkers Thank you guys, yes it make sense you explained it clear, the fast processed applications might be EU country citizens then?
last year applied for my 2 children and it took only 3 weeks to get their BC certificates, I kept on worrying that there might be prob with my application but good to know that it is a common issue.

Good luck and hope u hear positive v.soon

Azhaar
Mood:

Post by Azhaar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:11 pm

I am from the middle east.. although I applied on 3rd June, but I feel mine has been delayed as other who applied at the same time as me or even after have already been approved.

Fatush
Newly Registered

Post by Fatush » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:23 am

I'm from that list as well. Applied on 6th June and still waiting

Budmashh
Newly Registered

Re

Post by Budmashh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:55 am

Nationality: PAKISTANI
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Croydon £50)
Date of application: 17/06/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/06/13
Date of debit of fees: 20/06/13 (NATIONALITY DIRECT £874)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24/06/2013 (Dated 20/06/2013)
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

Okay Guys.....let's see when will get brown envelop in our letter Box (inshah'Allah soon)
One More Thing please tell me to keep calm coz I am thinking too much about my application and of course all of those who applied around my timeline...

1-Madi (May)
2-Scrapper (April)
3-Sofiaofwales(March)
4-Linkers (May)
5-Azhaar (June)
6-Hemalay (June)
7-HelenaTores (April)
8-Adi-khaneng (June)
9-peterpan81 (April)
10-Hsmp2007tier1 (May)
11-Misu79 (April)
12-Legalalien (approved in 4 weeks)
13-Fiqbal (April)
14-IJAZAT Khan (approved in 9 weeks)
15-Fatus (June)
So above are the High Risk countries.... Inshah'Allah I am hoping we all will get our Approval in the month of July
And Guys if you can edit my post with your country name in front of ur name would be helpful
:evil:

Ahmed008
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed008 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:53 am

HO received my application on the 29th of April, I am also a registered professional, I have emailed them and they got back to me saying its still in progress. I definitely think your original nationality plays a big role in the waiting. I have had 3-4 CRB checks in the last 2 years for jobs and they last 1-2 weeks, so i was hoping my application would have been a straightforward procedure but it is not. It REALLY SUCKS TO WAIT!!

Ahmed008
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed008 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:55 am

I forgot to mention I am from the middle east

[quote="Ahmed008"]HO received my application on the 29th of April, I am also a registered professional, I have emailed them and they got back to me saying its still in progress. I definitely think your original nationality plays a big role in the waiting. I have had 3-4 CRB checks in the last 2 years for jobs and they last 1-2 weeks, so i was hoping my application would have been a straightforward procedure but it is not. It REALLY SUCKS TO WAIT!![/quote]

racim

Re: Re

Post by racim » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:22 am

Budmashh wrote:Nationality: PAKISTANI
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Croydon £50)
Date of application: 17/06/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/06/13
Date of debit of fees: 20/06/13 (NATIONALITY DIRECT £874)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24/06/2013 (Dated 20/06/2013)
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

Okay Guys.....let's see when will get brown envelop in our letter Box (inshah'Allah soon)
One More Thing please tell me to keep calm coz I am thinking too much about my application and of course all of those who applied around my timeline...

1-Madi (May)
2-Scrapper (April)
3-Sofiaofwales(March)
4-Linkers (May)
5-Azhaar (June)
6-Hemalay (June)
7-HelenaTores (April)
8-Adi-khaneng (June)
9-peterpan81 (April)
10-Hsmp2007tier1 (May)
11-Misu79 (April)
12-Legalalien (approved in 4 weeks)
13-Fiqbal (April)
14-IJAZAT Khan (approved in 9 weeks)
15-Fatus (June)
So above are the High Risk countries.... Inshah'Allah I am hoping we all will get our Approval in the month of July
And Guys if you can edit my post with your country name in front of ur name would be helpful
:evil:
can every single person put his home country so we would have an idea how the HO is dealing with our applications very unfair + indirect discrimination
my application was sent on 28/05/2013 received by HO 30/05/13 money collected 02/06/13 acknowledgement received the 04/06/13 country ( Algeria )

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:07 am

I belong to one of these High Risk Country and my application was approved in 6 weeks time.