ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IN10 Fixed Penalty Notice + Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

overcee
Newly Registered

IN10 Fixed Penalty Notice + Naturalisation

Post by overcee » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to apply for naturalisation as british citizen. Unfortunately I have an IN10 (driving uninsured) on my driving license as fixed penalty since Sept 2012. After reading through many posts on this forum, am I right to think that:

Driving uninsured is not classified as minor offence. But as I have paid the £200 fine and got 6 points on my license as FPN, I did not go to court, so it is not a convicted offence?

Please advise. Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:19 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

m3osk
Newly Registered

Post by m3osk » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:41 pm

I have got 2 of these in10 and driving without licence but from 2002 so i have sent my application last week but i have normal fixed penalties like ts10 ms90 etc... these couple years old will be 3 years old on august and i will see how much they effect to my application when i receive the result of my application will let everyone know lol

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:56 pm

m3osk wrote:I have got 2 of these in10 and driving without licence but from 2002 so i have sent my application last week but i have normal fixed penalties like ts10 ms90 etc... these couple years old will be 3 years old on august and i will see how much they effect to my application when i receive the result of my application will let everyone know lol
If you read the above FAQ you'll know whether you'll likely be successful or not.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 pm

D4109125 wrote:See the good character FAQ (click)
Hi, thank you so much for writing that FAQ. It is after reading it that I thought I am OK to apply now rather than having to wait for 3 years. The reason of this thread is to confirm I didn't misinterpret things. I don't want to take the risk if there is a little chance they might reject my case due to that matter. :oops:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:47 am

You were fined and given points by the court, were not not? I assume you pleaded guilty on the form you received from the court?

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:58 am

D4109125 wrote:You were fined and given points by the court, were not not? I assume you pleaded guilty on the form you received from the court?
No I did not go to court. Police gave me a FPN by the road, I then went in to the police station to hand in my license to be sent off for the points. Paid the fine online and that was it. Looking at my counterpart, hand written says fixed penalty 6 points and the column Date of Conviction was cross off with no date written.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:59 am

overcee wrote:
D4109125 wrote:You were fined and given points by the court, were not not? I assume you pleaded guilty on the form you received from the court?
No I did not go to court. Police gave me a FPN by the road, I then went in to the police station to hand in my license to be sent off for the points. Paid the fine online and that was it. Looking at my counterpart, hand written says fixed penalty 6 points and the column Date of Conviction was cross off with no date written.
Then if it's not a conviction and you have only had one FPN in the last 12 months you should be ok.

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:17 am

D4109125 wrote:
overcee wrote:
Then if it's not a conviction and you have only had one FPN in the last 12 months you should be ok.
I always thought its a conviction regardless going to court or not until I read your FAQ. :wink:
Thank you so much for your help.

Will I need to declare this FPN at all?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:26 am

overcee wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
overcee wrote:
I always thought its a conviction regardless going to court or not until I read your FAQ. :wink:

Yes it should be declared in the extra information box and also send them a copy of the paper counterpart.

at_ja
India

Post by at_ja » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:33 pm

overcee wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
overcee wrote:

Hi ,

Have you applied your Naturalization application? I also have same FPN and fine so want to know.

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 pm

at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
overcee wrote:

Hi ,

Have you applied your Naturalization application? I also have same FPN and fine so want to know.
Appointment with NCS next week. When I phone to make the appointment, the lady over the phone asked if I had any conviction, I told her exactly what happened. She then phone Home Office to check, came back and said I am OK to apply.

at_ja
India

Post by at_ja » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:24 am

overcee wrote:
at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Hi ,

Appointment with NCS next week. When I phone to make the appointment, the lady over the phone asked if I had any conviction, I told her exactly what happened. She then phone Home Office to check, came back and said I am OK to apply.

That's good,Good luck with your application and let us know the outcome.

at_ja
India

Post by at_ja » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:03 pm

overcee wrote:
at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Hi ,

Have you applied successfully with NCS?

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:54 pm

at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:
at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:

Hi ,

Application been sent in now, just have to wait and see what comes back. During the appointment, all she had done is to make sure form is completed correctly, take copies of relevant documents and that's it. She didn't even think declaring FPN at the Additional Information section is required.

If you are not convicted, and only have 1 FPN for past 12 months, then just go ahead to apply.

at_ja
India

Post by at_ja » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:44 pm

overcee wrote:
at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:
at_ja wrote:
Hi ,

Application been sent in now, just have to wait and see what comes back. During the appointment, all she had done is to make sure form is completed correctly, take copies of relevant documents and that's it. She didn't even think declaring FPN at the Additional Information section is required.

If you are not convicted, and only have 1 FPN for past 12 months, then just go ahead to apply.
That's good,So you have not mentioned this FPN in the applications form.

greatpeople

Post by greatpeople » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:21 am

overcee wrote:
at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Hi ,

hi,
please send me NCS no. and wht stand by ncs everyone contact with NCS before applying, thanks

smzai80
Newly Registered

Post by smzai80 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:30 am

greatpeople wrote:
overcee wrote:
at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:

Hi ,

hi,
please send me NCS no. and wht stand by ncs everyone contact with NCS before applying, thanks
Hi.

Could you please share with us what is the outcome of your application. Because I am applying for naturalisation after 24 October and last year I got FPN from police by using mobile phone while driving. Thanks

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:11 pm

greatpeople wrote:
overcee wrote:
at_ja wrote:
overcee wrote:

Hi ,

hi,
You can find out your local NCS number from your local council website.

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Latest update of my situation, my application have been approved and received the letter last week. Ceremony have been booked end of the month.

Good luck for everyone else going through this process. :D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Congratulations.

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

D4109125 wrote:Congratulations.
Thank you for your advice. :wink:

halifax8
Newly Registered

Re: IN10 Fixed Penalty Notice + Naturalisation

Post by halifax8 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Hello Guys,

Has anyone here applied for naturalisation and been approved whiles the person had fixed penalty for driving whiles uninsured but successfully paid the 200 pound and received 6 points. No court appearance.

Am I right to say, it is only a conviction when you go to court? Can someone help out with this info as everyone is saying something different. I want a reply from someone who had the same issue but was successful during naturalisation.

overcee
Newly Registered

Post by overcee » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:14 am

halifax8 wrote:Hello Guys,

Has anyone here applied for naturalisation and been approved whiles the person had fixed penalty for driving whiles uninsured but successfully paid the 200 pound and received 6 points. No court appearance.

Am I right to say, it is only a conviction when you go to court? Can someone help out with this info as everyone is saying something different. I want a reply from someone who had the same issue but was successful during naturalisation.
Having been through that myself, I can confirm what you say is correct. It is only a conviction when you go to court. If you just pay the 200 pounds fine and get 6 points fixed penalty, it shouldn't affect your naturalisation application, provided that's your only FPN. The lady doing my nationality checking service didn't think it's necessary to include this info in the additional notes, which I have then left it out.

Good luck to your application.

halifax8
Newly Registered

Post by halifax8 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:55 pm

Thank you very much...
This info is very helpful.