ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set LR - acknowledgement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

m.sheikh

set LR - acknowledgement

Post by m.sheikh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:11 am

Hi All,

Its been 2 weeks since HO has deducted the fee for for my 10 year LR application but I have not received the acknowledgement letter yet.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Rock

Graceofgod

Re: set LR - acknowledgement

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:33 am

m.sheikh wrote:Hi All,

Its been 2 weeks since HO has deducted the fee for for my 10 year LR application but I have not received the acknowledgement letter yet.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Rock
This happens sometimes due to the post being lost or delayed delivery.
I received my ILR without acknowledgement letter.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

m.sheikh

Post by m.sheikh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks

good to know that your application can progress with no acknowledgement letter.

Its a shame though based on the amount of fees HO charges they should sent acknowledgement letter via recorded delivery.

no acknowledgment :(

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Sheik,

Im looking to apply SET(LR) in sep 2013. Could be able to support with information please?

I was 3 years on student & rest SEGS & PSW &recently extended Tier 1 general till Jun 2016.

1)I got student letters for 3 years & P60 for rest 7 years. can please suggest more required/necessary docs?
2)And also I got rejection in the past & acquired new visa in time while in the country. Does any refusal effects SET(LR)?

Please advise .
Many Thanks in advance.
Irfan.

m.sheikh

Post by m.sheikh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 am

Hello Irfan bhai, first of all please do not 100% rely on my advice as I myself am a novice however I will tell you what I know.

1) You don't need anything if you have got all the passports you have used during your 10 year stay, if you haven't got all the passports then you can provide:
-Uni/College letters
-P60, pay slips, employer letters
-council tax bill
-any other bills that confirms your presence in UK
- Bank statements ---> remember they are to confirm your presence in UK so don't worry about the amount of funds in your account.
- Any home office reference letters etc.

2) I don't see a problem with that, they have already granted you visa after the rejection so it does not make sense for them to go back and question the rejection/objection again.

Good luck my bro, I hope you get your ILR quickly and without pain.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:57 am

Hi Sheik,

Many thanks for Quick support.

That's was really helpful.

Hoping to get your visa quickly. Please update.
Will be in touch.