ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting " sucks"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madi

Post by madi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:40 am

nationality Pakistan
applied: 07/05/2013

Newly Registered

Post by 134523452 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:41 am

scrapper wrote:I request all those who belongs to so called high risk countries to update this thread with their timeline so that we can test our high risk countries theory. Once we have the data we should be able to distinguish whether this theory is correct or malformed.

Gentlemen we know we will get our outcome at some point in the future, but we can help others by testing this "High Risk Countries Theory"
Eligibility criteria: EEA4 (PR) 1 Year (in UK for 9 years)
Country of Origin: Pakistan
Application Type: Self (AN Form)
Method of application: NCS Surrey
Date of application: 12 June 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: -
Date of debit of fees: 17 June 2013
Date of acknowledgement: Letter dated 17 June 2013
Date of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

madi

Re: Re

Post by madi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:14 am

good work badmassh bahi lol

raja999

Post by raja999 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs work permit + 1 yr ILR
Method of application:self
Date of application: 29/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/04/2013
Date of acknowledgement : dated 07/05/2013
Date of debit of fees from Bank: 01/05/2013
Date of approval: 13/07/2013
Date of Ceremony: ?
Country of origin:- Pakistan

Finally after a long long wait i got the approval letter today.
The letter stated to wait for invitation letter which can take next 2 week ..?
really :( . I want to check what dates are available on my local council..
so what shall i do ..?

Thanks all of you and Good Luck

racim

Post by racim » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:56 pm

raja999 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs work permit + 1 yr ILR
Method of application:self
Date of application: 29/04/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/04/2013
Date of acknowledgement : dated 07/05/2013
Date of debit of fees from Bank: 01/05/2013
Date of approval: 13/07/2013
Date of Ceremony: ?
Country of origin:- Pakistan

Finally after a long long wait i got the approval letter today.
The letter stated to wait for invitation letter which can take next 2 week ..?
really :( . I want to check what dates are available on my local council..
so what shall i do ..?

Thanks all of you and Good Luck
Congratulation Akhi :)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks all for sharing your timelines and experiences on this post. At least now we know that the high risk countries' application are definitely taking longer than other countries.

Looking at all of your dates of applications, I think on average Home Office is taking roughly 3 months to decide the applications.

englishlife

Post by englishlife » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:04 pm

linkers wrote:I completely agree with you scrapper. I also got excited to see 2 or 3 weeks approval times but then I realised the fact that certain nationality's applications are taking a lot longer than others.

I have myself spoken to at least 8-10 people on this forum who have confirmed that they are from one of these countries and are waiting for 3,4 or 6 months.
I am 100 percent agree because I am from sub continent and I extended my visa and got Ilr( all together 9 times). And this time I am waiting since 2nd May. As I am one of the muslim country national so may be they need to check in details, may be not. But as I have seen lots of people got approval who applied 1st week of may and majority of them is not a national of listed country. So yes I agree, I am sure now they have senior caseworker for listed nationality and or some sort of pre check in details before or after case allocated for a caseworker. I checked my sar just a week before I applied. Plus no adverse records . Never been to court. Living here 11+ years plus spouse of British citizen. My kids british born British. I am 29 but as I said nothing matters. As long as ones nationality is under listed country.
.Ans from ho is baby you wait more because you are from high risk country or under listed country. Or may be there is no such things . I dont know. All I know is....I cant do anything if they keep me waiting. All I can do is forget about it and get myself busy with my work and family. It is not so nice treatment when they dont even allocate a caseworker for me and approved june application. And as law is law so basically before 6 months I cant do anything at all. But I hope I will get a result soon. And I pray everyone get their approval soon. May God bless us.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:33 pm

You are right englishlife. I can assure you there is such thing as a list of high risk countries. But as I said before, most applications are straight forward (like in your case) and are eventually getting approved. It's just the extra time which is frustrating people.

I have a feeling that on average they are taking 3 months to approve the applications from the nationals of these countries. One of the forum member also applied on 2nd May. He sent an email to Home Office on last Monday and he called me today and told he received a reply to his email which stated 'a decision has been made on his application and he should receive the correspondence shortly'.

Although they don't you tell the outcome of the application (in email) but it's likely to be the approval.

eagle11
Newly Registered

Post by eagle11 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:43 pm

I have seen a news on sky tv today that there are more than half million pending cases for immigration to be settled since it was split in march/April.
But on the other hand there are still approvals coming within 2-3 weeks for those who applied in June, even appears that some of those are from these mentioned listed countries. Looks like a mystery

Budmashh
Newly Registered

Post by Budmashh » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:41 am

KEEP CALM
AND
CARRY ON WAITING
:twisted:

laboudi
Newly Registered

Post by laboudi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:52 pm

scrapper wrote:I request all those who belongs to so called high risk countries to update this thread with their timeline so that we can test our high risk countries theory. Once we have the data we should be able to distinguish whether this theory is correct or malformed.

Gentlemen we know we will get our outcome at some point in the future, but we can help others by testing this "High Risk Countries Theory"
I am not sure that the high risk country theory is valid. I am from the middle east and have been waiting since early May. I have a friend from my country who got his approval in three weeks !!!

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:29 pm

laboudi wrote:

I am not sure that the high risk country theory is valid. I am from the middle east and have been waiting since early May. I have a friend from my country who got his approval in three weeks !!!
Laboudi that is the whole point, lets test this theory and find out the truth by posting your timeline and nationality. We have suspicions that HO is using a high risk country list but we are not sure. Lets find out together.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:41 am

I also saw that news eagle11.

They reckon it will take them 37 years to clear this backlog of half a million applications.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:50 am

I read through 4 pages of this post.. :) interesting thought people bring on..

here is one from me too... How about one of the combination being case worker just slow in pulling out application file? I mean If UKBA was a manufacturing plant & case workers were machines then product (outcome of application) can take defined amount of time with little allowed variance.

I think if case worker is fast moving/proactive & case is straight forward, outcome is fast.. if case worker is little slow & case is not so straight forward, then outcome takes time..

Probably people are anxious like me.. just because looking at few people got approval fast we unknowingly set our expectation too.. & then become restless..

Positive thing is, since we have an ILR, no reason to be tensed like as if visa is expired & all complications following..

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 am

p2kin: I wish it was the case worker's laziness factor but after reading the experiences of different applicants, it looks like the applications from the nationals of high risk countries are consistently taking longer than other countries.

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 pm

I think people are mis-reading the list

the HO office never published that list! The person requesting the list under FOI himself posted the list of 44 countries and asked HO to confirm the list.

In both cases the HO refused to publish the list NOR confirm the list... because the list of blacklisted countries does exist but is not available for release under Freedom Of Information (FOI)

So India is not confirmed to be in the official blacklist - based on approval times, one can only assume that India is NOT in the blacklist

Budmashh
Newly Registered

Post by Budmashh » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:07 pm

How many PAKISTANIS are waiting for approval on this forum..?

:twisted:

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:02 am

Budmashh: At least 10 (could be more than that).

amehr
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting " sucks"

Post by amehr » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 am

D4109125 wrote:
Azhaar wrote:
scrapper wrote:
SofiaofWales wrote:

Are you sure this is true? I am waiting for over 3 months and am belongs to one of the countries u mentioned. I heard this before but was not sure it was true as HO didn't mention it anywhere. tnx for info
This was an assumption, if you look through the timeline you will see there are so many people from these countries who had to wait between 2 - 6 months. For example following authors are still waiting or had to wait for long time: ayesha11, ikk1980, ukforever, syedyasir4, Mrs Azad, miyazi78, abedul_ala, fiqbal, saadmushtaq, ya75khan, Sorry2 and many more.

By looking at the trend I think citizens of the following countries Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Palestine, Jordan and few other middle eastern countries are subject to additional inquiries and checks.

Home Office will never mention this anywhere to avoid backlash from the public. This is the research that I carried out. There are so many applicants who received their approval within 2 weeks after submitting the application and none of them are from the countries mentioned above. This has to be HO's internal classified policy.
I have noticed that too, I submitted my application early June and I saw others who submitted in June have already been approved.

I come from the Middle East.

I don't know what to call this. Is it not discrimination to a race / religion.

Why UKBA judge an individual by his/ her own home country specially for someone like that j spent most of my life in the uk.

Very annoying.
Indirect discrimination perhaps, though arguably justified in the interest of national security which, generally outweighs anything else.
Just to give you an idea Guys, I think the assumption might be quite right but not for everyone as long as you have straightforward application. I am one of the above nationalities. applied in 16th of May and got the approval in 12th of July, so slightly less than 2 months. My assumption is you should allow 2-3 months, if you dont receive anything within 3 months, you could probably send them a letter and tell them you that haven't received any letter from UKBA, they might have lost your letter. They may give you some information by letter.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:55 am

That's true amehr. I would also say 3 months is quite normal for the applications from high risk countries.

madi

Post by madi » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 pm

3 months normal???? i think that's not fair:evil: ... they can check criminal record or any other information in a 1 hour.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:58 pm

I wish it was in my hands madi, but this is realistically the time Home Office is taking to process the high risk countries' applications.

englishlife

Post by englishlife » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm

linkers wrote:I wish it was in my hands madi, but this is realistically the time Home Office is taking to process the high risk countries' applications.
Well British people love to follow que my friend. Have you ever jump onbthe que and then you know they get angry. But it seems like they dont follow any que for high risk. Probably as long applicant is belongs to one of the country application probably dump in a big dyst bin. And hence and thence they pick up a file from that bin. And some high risk get approved so quick as luckily administrator worker allocate a case worker for those case without checking nationality. People are presuming a lot. But I have sent them email twice and both time they wrote back to me application is still awaiting for allocation a caseworker. As in second email I requested them but reply was same.

fiqbal

Post by fiqbal » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 pm

its been 3 and half month for waiting .i send email to home office on saturday got a reply today decision has no been made yet.

fiqbal

Post by fiqbal » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 am

you guys any idea what does it mean decision has no been made yet.i dont understand.