ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absent for 105 days in last 12 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tedmosby
Newly Registered

Absent for 105 days in last 12 months

Post by tedmosby » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:34 am

Hello,
I am about to apply for naturalisation. Im a spouse of a British citizen. I think i meet all the requirements but one.

Im a frequent traveller (not on business) and my absences in the uk in the last 12 months come up to 105 days. I will be doing some more travelling and cant find a right moment to apply to make it less than 105.

I know i will have to ask for discretion and there is no way anyone can predict the caseworkers decision. However, i would like to ask if anyone here applied with a similar number of absences and could share if their application was approved or declined, please?
Thanks!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am

Assuming your total days are less than 270, you should be fine. 105 is not far from 90.

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:34 pm

read my posts, I extensively looked into this
in short, it should be fine

tedmosby
Newly Registered

Post by tedmosby » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks for your answers!
Do i need to tick section 6.6 of the form and then provide an explanation in 6.7 for the additional 15 days? I don't really have any special circumstances to put in here.

6.6 􏰀 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe® that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them.
*Delete if not applicable
6.7 Special circumstances - which requirements do you think you fail to meet and what are the special circumstances? (continue on page 13 if necessary)

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:06 pm

tedmosby wrote:Thanks for your answers!
Do i need to tick section 6.6 of the form and then provide an explanation in 6.7 for the additional 15 days? I don't really have any special circumstances to put in here.

6.6 􏰀 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe® that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them.
*Delete if not applicable
6.7 Special circumstances - which requirements do you think you fail to meet and what are the special circumstances? (continue on page 13 if necessary)
yes your case would be considered 'special circumstances' - as explained in the guidance, if you have been away for more than 90 days then you are considered as having 'special circumstances'

what you put in there is up to you ..