ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon PEO or Sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thisisme24
Newly Registered

Croydon PEO or Sheffield PEO

Post by thisisme24 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Hello

I am due for my ILR in the coming months. I have some driving convictions which could make me a persistent offender. The chances for approval are 50%.

I want to know which PEO has better reviews for cases like this. Is Croydon case workers better skilled to deal with cases like this or Sheffield. I have seen a few cases like mine which have been approved in Croydon.

Please can you suggest with your experience which one should be better?

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Any application which is not straight forward should be taken to Croydon PEO as it has certain Senior Level Case Workers which other PEOs don't have. If I were you, I would take it to Croydon.

hsmp_922

Post by hsmp_922 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:08 pm

I dont think parking tickets or 3 points for example would be a conviction - only a case dealt by court would be classed as a criminal conviction.

What sort of driving convictions?

thisisme24
Newly Registered

Post by thisisme24 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 pm

I have 2 convictions of driving without insurance in 2006 and 1 driving without a valid driving license in 2007. I have 2 FPN for speeding in 2010 and 1 court conviction for speeding in may 2011.

Which PEO do you suggest?

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:19 pm

thisisme24 wrote:I have 2 convictions of driving without insurance in 2006 and 1 driving without a valid driving license in 2007. I have 2 FPN for speeding in 2010 and 1 court conviction for speeding in may 2011.

Which PEO do you suggest?
In the last 24 months, from the date of your application, do you have any conviction? If yes, then you might think to go for Tier 1 extension and not for ILR. If no, you should be safe wherever you go but as pointed by linkers, Croydon is better (This is just my personal opinion based on knowledge from this forum)
Last edited by UKBALoveStory on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Who told you the chances of approval was 50%?

If an applicant is considered to be a consistent offender the caseworker should consider if refusal is appropriate in line with the sentence based thresholds guidance.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:59 pm

To be honest, you should be kept out of this country.
It is dangerous to drive without a license and speeding. And you have been caught more than once! You are putting other people's lives in danger and one accident can easily destroy a whole family!

There are lots of things that I don't agree with the home office however, I do think they are right to keep people like you away from this country.