ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualifying for 10 years long stay ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vasa_1980
Newly Registered

Qualifying for 10 years long stay ILR

Post by vasa_1980 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:45 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my 10 years long residence ILR, I was browsing through my documents and passports and found that I came to this country as student in 2003 and applied for my workpermit on 23/07/2008, I was having my student visa till 31/07/2008 and received my passport in September second week visa stamped from 04/09/2008 to 01/09/2013.

My question is when I was applying for workpermit, I used an agent and it was then to apply to workpermit and once you received workpermit you apply for FLR and I don't when they applied for FLR as they were doing everything for me. I have a letter from homeoffice dated 01/09/2008 that my visa has been issued (FLR) 01/09/2008 - 01/09/2013, also I have a letter from workpermit stating that my application was successful and I should apply for FLR (IED) but this has no dates.

I also have an email which I received from workpermit about the progress of my application in August 2008.

My question is will it be seen as a gap - 31/07/2008 to 01/09/2008? my passport was with workpermit and homeoffice, and again my application to workpermit was sent on 23/07/2008

what was my immigration status while my application was with workpermit team?

I am worried about this , please advise me

Graceofgod

Re: Qualifying for 10 years long stay ILR

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:08 am

vasa_1980 wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for my 10 years long residence ILR, I was browsing through my documents and passports and found that I came to this country as student in 2003 and applied for my workpermit on 23/07/2008, I was having my student visa till 31/07/2008 and received my passport in September second week visa stamped from 04/09/2008 to 01/09/2013.

My question is when I was applying for workpermit, I used an agent and it was then to apply to workpermit and once you received workpermit you apply for FLR and I don't when they applied for FLR as they were doing everything for me. I have a letter from homeoffice dated 01/09/2008 that my visa has been issued (FLR) 01/09/2008 - 01/09/2013, also I have a letter from workpermit stating that my application was successful and I should apply for FLR (IED) but this has no dates.

I also have an email which I received from workpermit about the progress of my application in August 2008.

My question is will it be seen as a gap - 31/07/2008 to 01/09/2008? my passport was with workpermit and homeoffice, and again my application to workpermit was sent on 23/07/2008

what was my immigration status while my application was with workpermit team?

I am worried about this , please advise me
As you applied for work permit before the expiry date of your student visa there is no gap at all. you will be fine as long as you meet other requirements. section 3c has extended your lawful stay during the application process.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

vasa_1980
Newly Registered

Post by vasa_1980 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 am

Thank you. I was worried.

vasa_1980
Newly Registered

Douments to submit for 10 yearslong stay ILR application

Post by vasa_1980 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 am

Hi,

I am submitting my ILR application from by using SET(LR) with
all my passports with visa stamp and entry exit stamps
Bank statements for all addresses that I have lived during this 10 years period (some old statements are missing)
Pay slips for last 3 months
Employer letter for last five years of work
University certificates for previous years of stay and university transcripts
Water bills for last one years
Council TAX bills
My UK born child Birth certificate
Land lord letters and tenancy agreements
NHS letters and GP registration letters

My passports have all entry and exit stamps Heathrow and visas that I held during my 10 years stay,

Should I include anything else?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Graceofgod

Re: Douments to submit for 10 yearslong stay ILR application

Post by Graceofgod » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:05 pm

vasa_1980 wrote:Hi,

I am submitting my ILR application from by using SET(LR) with
all my passports with visa stamp and entry exit stamps
Bank statements for all addresses that I have lived during this 10 years period (some old statements are missing)
Pay slips for last 3 months
Employer letter for last five years of work
University certificates for previous years of stay and university transcripts
Water bills for last one years
Council TAX bills
My UK born child Birth certificate
Land lord letters and tenancy agreements
NHS letters and GP registration letters

My passports have all entry and exit stamps Heathrow and visas that I held during my 10 years stay,

Should I include anything else?

Thank you for your kind assistance.
You have actually submitted more than what is required.....
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

vasa_1980
Newly Registered

Post by vasa_1980 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Thank you for your reply, I missed my life in the UK test result and I did not do any English since my two degrees were awarded in the UK.

Thank you for your reply GraceofGod

vasa_1980
Newly Registered

Post by vasa_1980 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:13 pm

I will be including my test result and I have not submitted my application as yet. I am just checking all my documents.

Is there any chance for someone to get their ILR less than 6months time.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Two of my friends who applied back in the autumn 2011 (both complicated cases), got their decision within 3 months.
The year 2012 was unlucky and it seems to me that it takes now longer than 6 months to decide an application.

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:37 pm

vasa_1980 wrote:Thank you for your reply, I missed my life in the UK test result and I did not do any English since my two degrees were awarded in the UK.

Thank you for your reply GraceofGod
do not forget to submit your LIUK result regardless whether you have been awarded degree or not. LIUK pass is mandatory....
you will be fine , all the best.....

vasa_1980
Newly Registered

Post by vasa_1980 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:32 pm

I believe i dont need language test, yes i will include my LIUK result. Thanks

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi Graceofgod,

What do you reckon what's the minimum documents that one should submit based on 10 year residence?

I doubt if I can get any previous employer letters as well as Council Tax and tenancy agreement.

I have some of the bank statements going back to probably 2007ish and may have few P60's

Look forward to your response.

Thanks,

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:25 am

alimohmand wrote:Hi Graceofgod,

What do you reckon what's the minimum documents that one should submit based on 10 year residence?

I doubt if I can get any previous employer letters as well as Council Tax and tenancy agreement.

I have some of the bank statements going back to probably 2007ish and may have few P60's

Look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Hi Ali,

I have seen people getting ILR by just submitting
1)Passport/s with all stamps & BRP card.
2)LI UK

Other docs are required when unable to provide passport/s during time (Ref - section 4 set LR form).
Hope this Helps..
Irfan.

theprideofpak

When the clock starts for 10 years long residence ILR?

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:07 am

Hello guys,
Just need a solid and authentic statement that when the clock starts for 10 years long residence. I've been on the ukba website which says this:

Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

the date when you arrived in the UK with a visa; or
the date you were given permission to stay in the UK.

How do we know which of the above statement applies? such as in my situation my entry clearance was stamped on 16/08/2003 and I entered in UK on 08/09/2003.

Nobody want their application refused just because of the above confusion? I've been searching a lot but couldn't find solid information regarding above issue.

Please help....thank you in advance

Amber
Mood:

Re: When the clock starts for 10 years long residence ILR?

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:16 am

theprideofpak wrote:Hello guys,
Just need a solid and authentic statement that when the clock starts for 10 years long residence. I've been on the ukba website which says this:

How do we know which of the above statement applies? such as in my situation my entry clearance was stamped on 16/08/2003 and I entered in UK on 08/09/2003.

Nobody want their application refused just because of the above confusion? I've been searching a lot but couldn't find solid information regarding above issue.

The statement is quite clear:

You can apply from 28 days before your 10 year qualification period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 am

D4109125 wrote:

So that means the clock starts from 08/09/2013, right?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 am

Subject to not exceeding the absence limitations.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:49 pm

theprideofpak wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

So that means the clock starts from 08/09/2013, right?
And also another confusion Ref to set LR guide below.

4. WHEN TO APPLY
You should apply before the end of your permitted stay in the UK.
There is a qualifying period to complete for a Long Residence application It runs either from
- the date on which you entered the UK with a visa; or, if you did not enter the UK with such a visa, from
- the date on which you were first granted permission to remain in the UK.
If you entered the UK with a visa several weeks ormore after the date from which it was valid for use, you may need to apply for an extension of stay to complete the relevant qualifying period.

Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period.

Im on same issue , but still above bold/Underline comments were Unclear.
Why is he asking for extension again which doesn't make sense?

Though My visa is valid till June 2016 and can apply in Sep 2013. Above statement troubling me..
visa Issued - 16/09/2003 28 days before this?? or
Entry Clearence - 06/08/2003 28 days before this??
Looking to apply on right time, if possible asap..
Please advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 pm

If you are unsure after reading the guidance you should seek professional advice to see when you qualify.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:If you are unsure after reading the guidance you should seek professional advice to see when you qualify.
Many thanks Amber..

vasa_1980
Newly Registered

Birth certificate of my UK born child

Post by vasa_1980 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:13 am

Do I need to include birth certificate of my UK born child with my SET (LR) form? as it says ....

"Full birth certificate(s), ie one which shows the parents names for any of your children
born in the UK" in document check list?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:55 am

If you have passports for the full ten years, no.