ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - notice period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Thanksgiving
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - notice period

Post by Thanksgiving » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:39 pm

I entered UK under Tier 2 ICT established staff category in March 2010 and is still in Tier 2 ICT Long term staff category through in-country extensions. Now I have a new job offer and the employer is ready to issue the CoS for Tier 2 General.

I understand from UKBA website that I am allowed to switch into Tier 2 General from within the UK as I have made the entry clearance before April 2010 under Tier 2 ICT.

My questions:
1. Whats the best time to resign from my current job? After getting the new visa or immediately after getting the new CoS from the new employer?
2. Is there any smooth transitional arrangements put forward by UKBA to serve the notice period with the previous employer after receiving the new visa?

The notice period with the current employer is 6 weeks

Would be really grateful for your valuable suggestions

alanwong

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - notice period

Post by alanwong » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:32 am

Thanksgiving wrote:I entered UK under Tier 2 ICT established staff category in March 2010 and is still in Tier 2 ICT Long term staff category through in-country extensions. Now I have a new job offer and the employer is ready to issue the CoS for Tier 2 General.

I understand from UKBA website that I am allowed to switch into Tier 2 General from within the UK as I have made the entry clearance before April 2010 under Tier 2 ICT.

My questions:
1. Whats the best time to resign from my current job? After getting the new visa or immediately after getting the new CoS from the new employer?
2. Is there any smooth transitional arrangements put forward by UKBA to serve the notice period with the previous employer after receiving the new visa?

The notice period with the current employer is 6 weeks

Would be really grateful for your valuable suggestions
My view is that you can work for your current boss up the day before the start date of your new job. So you need to calculate the start date by taking into account of your notice period. It is recommended that you do not resign until you get your new visa.

Thanksgiving
Newly Registered

Post by Thanksgiving » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks alanwong.

One more quick question.

I understand that the main applicat and the depends if appying at the same time will automatically qualify for the maintenance criteria as we are already in Tier 2 catergory(ICT) and switching into Tier 2 GEERAL.
Is my understanding correct.

Does the new CoS need the CoS to be certified by the employer?

Thanks in advance