ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my wife be eligible to apply for ILR SET (M)? Confused.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgsingh

Will my wife be eligible to apply for ILR SET (M)? Confused.

Post by mrgsingh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi

I received my ILR on the basis of 10 year long residency in May13 and my wife has recently been granted 2 yrs leave to remain FLR (M).

A little background--
We got married in 2006 and She came here on a spouse visa. In 2007, She applied for a student visa and I got a dependent visa. In 2009, I was granted 3 yrs visa under Tier 1 general scheme and my wife got a dependent visa. Our visas were about to expire in 2012 and I submitted my ILR on the basis of long residency and also submitted my family members' applications to home office at the same time and requested the home office to consider my application first as my family members were based on me.

I was granted an ILR in May13 and now I have received documents for my family members. While checking some notes here, I believe that my wife will be eligible to apply for her ILR now as she's been here with me on a spouse visa for last two years however I am not confident.

Can you please advise me if I should apply for her indefinite now....

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:19 pm

You are correct by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:36 pm

D4109125 wrote:You are correct by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d).
Thank you for a quick response. I am going to book an appointment in person so that I could explain it to the immigration officer (just in case).

I haven't received their BIO card yet. Do you think, i should wait until I receive it or the approved letter will be enough for HO?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:58 pm

mrgsingh wrote:
D4109125 wrote:You are correct by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d).
Thank you for a quick response. I am going to book an appointment in person so that I could explain it to the immigration officer (just in case).

I haven't received their BIO card yet. Do you think, i should wait until I receive it or the approved letter will be enough for HO?
Wait until the BRP is received.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.