ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pink_floyd
Newly Registered

Post by pink_floyd » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Eligibility criteria: WP+ Tier 1 (G)+ 1 Yr ILR
Application Type: Self
Method of application: NCS
Date of Application: 13/05/2013
Received by HO: 14/05/2013
Date of debit of fees: 17/05/2013
Date of acknowledgement: 17/05/2013 (Received on 22/05/2013)
Date of approval: 11 July 2013 (received on 19 July 2013)
Date of citizenship ceremony: Waiting for call back from the Council

I've just received one letter. The subject of the letter is "Citizenship Invitation". The first line of the letter starts with" I'm please to tell you that application has been approved.....".

Should I expect another letter....with subject "approval"?
Last edited by pink_floyd on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Applied through NCS Wolverhampton: 15th May
Acknowledgement letter: 17th May
Route: EEA4
Citizenship Approval/confirmation letter dated 11th July 2013 Received 15th July 2013 confirming grant of citizenship

Thank you everyone for your assistance. Without this website, I would've been lost.

supasweet
Newly Registered

Missin Docs

Post by supasweet » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Eligibility criteria: 3.5 yrs dependent of ILR + 2 yrs ILR
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 27th June 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28th June 2013
Date of debit of fees: 1st July 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 4thJuly 2013 (Dated 1st July 2013)
Date of receipt of approval letter: 13th July 2013 ( Dated 11th July 2013. Documents and approval letter received in Spl. Delivery Envelope I have attached)
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:
Ceremony:

Hi All,
Life In UK Test Letter in missing in the returned docs. Do they take it back? or we supposed to get it back? Please reply.

gm21

Post by gm21 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Any one applied through NCS TOWER HAMLETS have received approval yet ?

ikk1980

Re: Missin Docs

Post by ikk1980 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:38 pm

supasweet wrote:Eligibility criteria: 3.5 yrs dependent of ILR + 2 yrs ILR
Date of receipt of approval letter: 13th July 2013 ( Dated 11th July 2013. Documents and approval letter received in Spl. Delivery Envelope I have attached)
Ceremony:

Hi All,
Life In UK Test Letter in missing in the returned docs. Do they take it back? or we supposed to get it back? Please reply.
They keep the LIUK letter...

kkworla

Post by kkworla » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Eligibility Criteria:: 6yrs EX-Spouse of EEA National+ 3Months of Permanent Residency (PR)
Application mode:: Postal
Date of Submission:: 01 July 2013 (special delivery)
Date Application received by UKBA::2nd July 2013
Date of debit of fees:: 4th July 2013
Ackknowledge letter received : 6th July 2013 (dated 4th July)
Date of Received of Approval : 16TH JULY (Dated 12th july)
Date of Invitation awaiting:: N/A
Date of Ceremong awaiting:: N/A

Thanks to the forum. I got approval today Laughing Laughing Laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

englishlife

Re: May application

Post by englishlife » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:51 pm

rajan1984 wrote:
ukilrforman wrote:I have applied on May 17.
Acknowledgment received on 28 May.

Still waiting.
I am same as you .. I have applied on 17th May through NCS Bracknell but I am still waiting ... I dont know if its to do with the date of applying :-)

Please keep me posted with your results
Probably you are from one of the high risk country like me. I applied 2nd may and waiting. High risk ccountry application takes 2-6 months delay or more. Well some high risk nation ity could get approval in a month but those people are lucky as administrator work put those case under low risk country. This is still not established theory. But many in april and may and june waiting due to this reason. Some people can argue but I am sure now there is such things.

supasweet
Newly Registered

Post by supasweet » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 am

But when we apply from NCS we get all originals back.

Could anyone applied already by Post help me in this please.
ikk1980 wrote:
Ceremony:

Hi All,

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:57 am

supasweet wrote:But when we apply from NCS we get all originals back.

ikk1980 wrote:
Ceremony:

Hi All,
Someone has already told you the answer. If you don't believe their answer then go find the information for yourself. It's very rude for someone to help you with your query and then you just dismiss their answer and ask if someone else could answer instead. Besides, this question is asked almost daily on this forum, if you did a simple search you would have your answer.

But since you asked for someone who sent off their application by post to respond I will respond. UKBA keep the LIUK certificate after sending you your approval. A few people seem to get it back, I don't know why, but the majority of people do not get it back. You won't need it again anyway. However, if you applied through NCS you keep all your documents so therefore you will keep your LIUK certificate.

supasweet
Newly Registered

Post by supasweet » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Astrid24:

It is not that i am being rude to you or ikk1980 who answered me in the first place. I am very much thankful to you, ikk1980 and each and every one who is contributing to this wonderful website.

I thought as it is a discussion forum so nothing wrong in asking the help from people who applied by post. I did some search and could not find specific answer and thought it is better to ask in here instead of loosing LIUK in case we are supposed to get it.

Cheers
Astrid24 wrote:
supasweet wrote:But when we apply from NCS we get all originals back.

ikk1980 wrote:
Ceremony:

Hi All,
Someone has already told you the answer. If you don't believe their answer then go find the information for yourself. It's very rude for someone to help you with your query and then you just dismiss their answer and ask if someone else could answer instead. Besides, this question is asked almost daily on this forum, if you did a simple search you would have your answer.

But since you asked for someone who sent off their application by post to respond I will respond. UKBA keep the LIUK certificate after sending you your approval. A few people seem to get it back, I don't know why, but the majority of people do not get it back. You won't need it again anyway. However, if you applied through NCS you keep all your documents so therefore you will keep your LIUK certificate.

adilshahzaman
Newly Registered

Post by adilshahzaman » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:43 am

Hello everyone...

I'm wondering if there are any Pakistani Nationals applying for naturalisation and what are there timelines as currently Pakistan i assume is a high risk country and the checks should take that extra bit longer... please share ur experiences if your were a pakistani national who applied for naturalisation... thanks

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:38 am

Ceremony:

Hi All,
can you mention your current nationality?
SAMEER

hamsafar610
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application still waiting

Post by hamsafar610 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:09 am

Eligibility Criteria:: 2 years Spouse+ 1 Year ILR
Application mode:: Postal
Date of Submission:: 28 June 2013 (Sign for 1st class Recorded Delivery)
Date Application received by UKBA: 1st July 2013
Date of debit of fees: 3rd July 2013
Acknowledge letter received: 5th July 2013 dated 3rd July 2013
Date of Received of Approval: Waiting........
Date of Invitation awaiting: Waiting.......
Date of Ceremony awaiting: Waiting.....

rga209
Newly Registered

Post by rga209 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:11 am

sameer2012 wrote:
Ceremony:

Hi All,
can you mention your current nationality?
--------------
Well I didn't get my life in UK letter back. Guess we don't need it anymore.

maminr
Newly Registered

citizenship for pakistani citizens

Post by maminr » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:20 am

Hi Alishahzaman - I agree with you it seems that it takes longer than other nationalities. I applied via NCS on 30 April 2013 and still waitnig for the approval letter. Some of my friends - other nationalities - applied roughly the same time and have received their approval.

anyone else have similar experience?

Amin

gm21

Post by gm21 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:17 am

I also applied on 07th June , Pak National

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:28 am

I'm not sure whether there is truth to this 'high risk country list' theory or not but even if there is, some of you guys are being rather impatient. A lot of you have only applied in June and are saying that your application is taking long. Stop basing your expectations on some of these recent applications that have only taken 2 weeks for approval. They are not the norm. UKBA says it can take up to 6 months so anything less than that you should see it as a lucky bonus.

Plus, these applications that are being dealt with very quickly are a recent development. If you look through the timelines you will see that applications before have taken anything from 1 month to 6 months. Sometimes more. I'm not from any of those supposedly high risk countries and my application took about a month and a half to be approved. And around the time I applied (April) that was the average waiting time. Some people who are claiming to be waiting for a long time it has barely been a month since you applied!

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Astrid24 wrote:I'm not sure whether there is truth to this 'high risk country list' theory or not but even if there is, some of you guys are being rather impatient. A lot of you have only applied in June and are saying that your application is taking long. Stop basing your expectations on some of these recent applications that have only taken 2 weeks for approval. They are not the norm. UKBA says it can take up to 6 months so anything less than that you should see it as a lucky bonus.

Plus, these applications that are being dealt with very quickly are a recent development. If you look through the timelines you will see that applications before have taken anything from 1 month to 6 months. Sometimes more. I'm not from any of those supposedly high risk countries and my application took about a month and a half to be approved. And around the time I applied (April) that was the average waiting time. Some people who are claiming to be waiting for a long time it has barely been a month since you applied!

So, considering you went through the application process already and have received your approval, one would think you'd have more understanding for how other people including me feel.

For me, over a month is a long time when some of the applications took only 8 working days. Also considering that June/July applications are being dealt with really quickly, how can you decide what the current norm is? What UKBA says on their website about 6 months timeline is not the norm either. Not sure what you tried to achieve with your post... Some people will use this as a relief tool - it's easier to spit out what's bothering you and read about other people's experience. If I'm correct, you have been there (I remember someone else smart-mouthing your posts) and don't think you liked it. More consideration for your fellow citizens-to-be please. If you don't like what they are saying, then don't read their posts.

For those who asked about nationalities, I'm from Serbia which is not a high risk country, and I'm still expecting my approval to come through. Rather a drag considering I applied over a month ago!

SerMCG
Newly Registered

Post by SerMCG » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:38 pm

beebritish wrote:
Astrid24 wrote:I'm not sure whether there is truth to this 'high risk country list' theory or not but even if there is, some of you guys are being rather impatient. A lot of you have only applied in June and are saying that your application is taking long. Stop basing your expectations on some of these recent applications that have only taken 2 weeks for approval. They are not the norm. UKBA says it can take up to 6 months so anything less than that you should see it as a lucky bonus.

So, considering you went through the application process already and have received your approval, one would think you'd have more understanding for how other people including me feel.

For me, over a month is a long time when some of the applications took only 8 working days. Also considering that June/July applications are being dealt with really quickly, how can you decide what the current norm is? What UKBA says on their website about 6 months timeline is not the norm either. Not sure what you tried to achieve with your post... Some people will use this as a relief tool - it's easier to spit out what's bothering you and read about other people's experience. If I'm correct, you have been there (I remember someone else smart-mouthing your posts) and don't think you liked it. More consideration for your fellow citizens-to-be please. If you don't like what they are saying, then don't read their posts.

For those who asked about nationalities, I'm from Serbia which is not a high risk country, and I'm still expecting my approval to come through. Rather a drag considering I applied over a month ago!
There are EU countries that take years to process a straight forward citizenship application.

I think this thread should stick to the approval timeline. My last post here on this thread.

ajax
Newly Registered

Post by ajax » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Your attitude is very unsympathetic for someone who has gone through the process themselves. How about being a little bit cooperative and empathetic instead of so unpleasant to those individuals who are feeling confused and nervous?

When someone has invested thousands of pounds and a great deal of energy in something so emotionally charged as a naturalisation application, and they see others around them getting a response far more quickly than they themselves are, then of course they are going to wonder. Tension is at its peak.

It would behoove everyone to relax and just embrace the wait; although it is human nature to speculate, it really does not do much good and will only make the entire situation more fraught.

For what it's worth, I waited about 3 months for my naturalisation approval letter, although this was several years ago. There are other things going on out there to keep us all busy :)

Astrid24
- thin ice -

As

Post by Astrid24 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:05 pm

beebritish wrote:

Yes, if you have read some previous posts of mine you may have read one where I say I completely understand the feeling of anxiousness over the application process. My post was indeed meant to be helpful to those who are worrying and waiting but it seems like people on this board are super sensitive.

Like I said, I understand your frustrations but there are people who are still waiting from MARCH. Think how they feel when someone who only applied in say June comes in talking about how long it's taking for their approval.

And as for these recent approvals that are being dealt with quickly we can't say it's the average time yet as it is too soon. When I applied in April the average time for applications had been around a month and a half for a few months already. You cannot base your expectations on only a few weeks and if you continue to do so you will continue to be disappointed. When I sent off my application I expected it to take 6 months! So when it was dealt with in less time than that it was a wonderful surprise. If you look at it that way you will feel less anxious.
Last edited by Astrid24 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:10 pm

ajax wrote:

Your attitude is very unsympathetic for someone who has gone through the process themselves. How about being a little bit cooperative and empathetic instead of so unpleasant to those individuals who are feeling confused and nervous?

When someone has invested thousands of pounds and a great deal of energy in something so emotionally charged as a naturalisation application, and they see others around them getting a response far more quickly than they themselves are, then of course they are going to wonder. Tension is at its peak.

It would behoove everyone to relax and just embrace the wait; although it is human nature to speculate, it really does not do much good and will only make the entire situation more fraught.

For what it's worth, I waited about 3 months for my naturalisation approval letter, although this was several years ago. There are other things going on out there to keep us all busy :)
Your post is essentially saying the exact same sentiments I am saying in mine. I honestly do not see where I am being unsympathetic in my post. Is it because I said some people are being impatient? Well it's the truth!

Like I said in my previous post, it seems like people on this board are over sensitive.

Naturalisation Application approved within 14 days!

Post by 1273 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS CROYDON 25/06/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/06/2013
Date of debit of fees: 01/07/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 04/07/2013 dated 01/07/2013
Date of receipt of approval: 15/07/2013 dated 09/07/2013
Date of Ceremony: 22/07/2013

Time it took from date of receipt of application to date of approval: 14 days including weekends.

Other Updates: LC20 Traffic Conviction July 2010

Passport application: 22/07/2013
Last edited by 1273 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
WOW

QQA
Newly Registered

Post by QQA » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Upgrade:

Method of application: NCS East Sussex
Date of application: 26 June 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28 June 2013
Date of debit of fee: 01/07/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 04/07/2013 (Dated on 01/07/2013)
Date of approval: 18/07/13 (Dated 12/07/13)
Date of Ceremony: will book on Monday

Hope all pending applicants will get your approved letter very soon!
Many thanks to everyone in this forum who share your experiences as well as contribute to us.
Last edited by QQA on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fiqbal

Post by fiqbal » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 pm

hi guys i contacted to the mp 2 weeks ago.i have got reply today.
i can confirm that mr ........ submitted an application for citizenship on 4 april 2013.
Having spoken to the casework team that would deal with his case,they have advised
that they are currently waiting on outside standard checks to be completed prior to his case being consideration.