ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under Tier 1 (General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ca4fil

ILR under Tier 1 (General)

Post by ca4fil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:04 am

Hi guys,

Does anybody know what documents we need to provide for the following?

On page 51 of SET (O) form under section 11 there is 11 L which i believe is relevant for Tier 1 (General) migrants. It says:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form - which is OK. But underneath it also states that:

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

What documents we need to provide for the above?

Thanks.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:15 am

ca4fil: You can take your Tier-1 approval letter with you to prove that you met the requirements for Tier-1. (or include it with the application if applying by post).

I did the same. Went to the PEO and had my Tier-1 approval letter with me but was never asked to provide it.

I can't think of any other document for this.

Also search for similar posts on the forum.

newbie_2013

Re: ILR under Tier 1 (General)

Post by newbie_2013 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 am

ca4fil wrote:Hi guys,

On page 51 of SET (O) form under section 11 there is 11 L which i believe is relevant for Tier 1 (General) migrants. It says:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form - which is OK. But underneath it also states that:

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

Thanks.
I believe that applies for someone who is on a 'combination of two different visas' for 5 years. Like Tier 1+hsmp, etc.

ca4fil

Post by ca4fil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 am

linkers: Thats fine, i have got Tier 1 approval letter with me. But i am confused about the wording "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant...."
I came in UK first time on Student visa, and then switched onto IGS (Internation Graduate Scheme), and finally switched into Tier1 (General) category. All my applications were inside UK since I arrived. Thanks.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:23 am

newbie_2013: Section 11 L actually applies to those people who are applying for ILR on the basis of HSMP+Tier-1.

It also says in the form:
Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:

ilr-tracker

Re: ILR under Tier 1 (General)

Post by ilr-tracker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 am

Hi ca4fil,

I had the same issue. I had WP for first 6 Months and then Tier-1 visa for rest of the period. I thought this just meant WP approval letter & permit and vignette on passport which has date of uk entry stamped on oi. As that alone would prove that I met requirements of immigration rules. And mailed the same.

But post mailing I have realized it would have been better if I would I provide the following as well, just to make case more stronger and me having peace of mind.

1) P-60 for all the 5 years
2) Letter from HMRC stating your employment history for 5 years.

Irony is that its not explicitly mentioned that you need the above documents or you need to provide your economic activity prior Tier-1 , I have concluded this reading the forum members reviews and feedback.

Further suggestion - If you can go PEO please do that postal applications can take upto 6 months.

ca4fil wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks.
Make this world a better place to live

ca4fil

Post by ca4fil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:26 am

Which section applies to the people who are applying on completing 5 years on Tier 1 (General ) migrant? is it not section 11 L then?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:26 am

ca4fil: Have you been on Tier-1 for the last 5 years ?

ca4fil

Post by ca4fil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:29 am

linkers; Yes, I am on Tier1 for last 5 years.

ilr-tracker: Yes im going PEO Glasgow on this friday.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:32 am

ca4fil: In that case you shouldn't worry much. I would suggest take your approval letter which you were given at the time of your last Tier-1 extension.

Also if you have a similar letter from your original Tier-1 G, I would advise take that letter with you as well.

ca4fil

Post by ca4fil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 am

Ok thanks linkers, will do that.