ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Ltd company director-self assesment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ish51

ILR Ltd company director-self assesment

Post by Ish51 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Does all Ltd company director need to submit self assessment every year.

I am going to apply for ILR and not submitted my self assessment will it effect ILR

newbie_2013

Re: ILR Ltd company director-self assesment

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Ish51 wrote:Does all Ltd company director need to submit self assessment every year.

I am going to apply for ILR and not submitted my self assessment will it effect ILR
I believe that's a vague question. What visa you are on, what earnings you are showing, etc.

But in general, is it not a good practice to do self assessment anyway?

Ish51

Post by Ish51 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:56 am

What visa you are on, what earnings you are showing, etc.

Answer is Tier-1 General, showing only Payee salary (not dividend) But i am Ltd company director

Dene

Post by Dene » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Ish51 wrote:What visa you are on, what earnings you are showing, etc.

Answer is Tier-1 General, showing only Payee salary (not dividend) But i am Ltd company director
Hello Ish,

You question is not very clear. Are you saying that you are employed by your company. If yes then you do not have to. Whats about your company accounts? are they up to date? are you paying any tax from there?

Ish51

Post by Ish51 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:43 pm

I am employed by my own company and paying PAYEE tax (employer & employee both). All taxes & books r up to date.

My initial query was to find out do all ltd company directors have to fill self assessment every year?. Self assessment is the only thing which I have not done.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 am

youve got one bad tax setup if your the director and employed... why not just benefit the tax break and just be a director?

that way (unless you have other employees) you wouldnt need employers liability / nino etc...

and all the same, yes you STILL need to do self assessment, even if you have no additional income...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/startingup/help-support.htm

https://www.gov.uk/business-legal-structures

https://www.gov.uk/running-a-limited-company

Ish51

Post by Ish51 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:52 am

wiggsy Yes I know I am paying more tax.

But do Home office bothered about self assessment. I think it should be sufficient if i show my 12 months salary slip & bank statements.

The only reason for non submission of self assessment is now aware of it in the early years of the business but filled it for 2011-2012