ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living Beyond the Confinement of the Home Office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Destined-2-Reign
- thin ice -

Living Beyond the Confinement of the Home Office

Post by Destined-2-Reign » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Like most of you, I have been waiting on the Home Office for about 55 weeks now (12 months plus). You fight every day to stay upbeat about the situation, and sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. You can't take up any job with them requesting for your passport, even when you try applying for a voluntary work. You will agree that even as a graduate and a qualify Application Developer you feel confined in a box and the best you can do is to stay on internet blogs to answer questions post by other struggling professionals in order to make you feel good that you are doing what you should be doing at work if your passport is not held by the Home Office. I tried starting up a small IT services provider company to make some cash so as to feel human again but the limitations out there are too many, I can't even open a Business Account. Recently, I decided its time to take up driving lessons but I cant even apply for a Provisional Driving Licence.

After saying all of this, I not asking for any sympathetic replies because i am still determine to Live Beyond what seems like a confinement by the Home Office. Please share positive ways of how you all have been able to shoulder this unreasonable ploy by the H.O to undermined us. Here are some of the things that i am currently doing:

- Mentoring recent graduates
- Providing IT training (free)
- Personal Development (Learning new skills and doing my professional certifications)
- I have going for job interviews and even after many successful interviews, I cant take up the offers. I feel sorry for the employers for wasting their time but i do it to keep my mind busy and to know that i am still employable after being out of work for 2 years

Let me know what you are doing and any helpful advice. You can send me private messages if you wish.

TimeLine:

Application made 07-07-12
Ack received 20-07-12
Biometric received: 27-01-13
Document received: waiting[/b]

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:05 am

Please only post your question once. Duplicate posts have been removed.

If you have genuine questions people may be able to help you. If you simply wish to vent steam, please find another outlet.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Living Beyond the Confinement of the Home Office

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Destined-2-Reign wrote:Let me know what you are doing and any helpful advice.
You don't say what you have applied for.

However, if you applied before your visa ran out and that visa gave you a right to work, you can still work.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Did you get an application rejected? Just looking at your timeline with the gap between the application submitted and biometrics there.

If you have a right to work a prospective employer can use the Employer Checking Service to confirm your right to work in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/
The employer checking service is a developing service that offers employers the opportunity to check the status of individuals to work in the UK in the following specific circumstances:

where the individual has an outstanding application or appeal with the UK Border Agency;
If you have trouble convincing a prospective employer to take you on with an unresolved immigration status you would probably have better luck with an agency. It doesn't have to be a shabby one man band agency either. They will be used to placing people like students in the summer who have their application with the Home Office.