ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Work Permit - Query over S6.3

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Sarah-Lou
Newly Registered

ILR Work Permit - Query over S6.3

Post by Sarah-Lou » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi there,

I have an in person application for ILR in a little over a week. I am applying under my 5 year work permit.

I am going through all my documentation and am starting to panic ever so slightly over Section 6.3, namely because I do not have a letter from my employer detailing reasons for all my absences from the UK.

I had understood from the wording of the section that a Work Permit application was not one of the categories which required evidence of all absences by a letter from your employer; it is certainly not listed as such. As the time draws closer however I am beginning to doubt myself

I have a full list of all my absences for annual leave, for school trips (I am a teacher) and one absence for a family emergency. My whole absences from the UK in the last five years total 136 days. I have my passport stamps and various email confirmations of e-tickets etc. I also have a letter from my employer confirming their approval of my one absence for compassionate reasons. I can obviously write a letter myself detailing the reasons for all absences. Will this be sufficient?

Many thanks indeed for any help.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Keep salary slip and bank statement for the absence period and produce only when asked for. It is highly unlikely that CW will ask for it given it is well below the allowed limit. You will be fine . All the best !

Sarah-Lou
Newly Registered

Post by Sarah-Lou » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Thank you for the reply. It does seem that whilst the employer's letter isn't requested for WPs in the application form itself, it IS listed in the documents required on the relevant Immigration Rules on the UKBA website. Highly confusing - if I hadn't checked the rules I would never have known! I think I will see if I can try to get my employers to draft a letter at short notice just to be on the safe side. Thanks for your help.

Ishwarch

Post by Ishwarch » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:04 am

dk2011 wrote:Keep salary slip and bank statement for the absence period and produce only when asked for. It is highly unlikely that CW will ask for it given it is well below the allowed limit. You will be fine . All the best !
Hi -
As per my understanding for WP holders need to show the employer letter to state "He/she will continue to remain employed with company in the foreseeable future".
Please correct me if I stated wrongly.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 am

Sarah-Lou wrote:Thank you for the reply. It does seem that whilst the employer's letter isn't requested for WPs in the application form itself, it IS listed in the documents required on the relevant Immigration Rules on the UKBA website. Highly confusing - if I hadn't checked the rules I would never have known! I think I will see if I can try to get my employers to draft a letter at short notice just to be on the safe side. Thanks for your help.
You will need a letter this is mandatory, will be refused if you not submit with your application. You can use this sticky template also read the FAQs may help you to prepare the application.

Sarah-Lou
Newly Registered

Post by Sarah-Lou » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 am

Thank you for the replies. The process is a quagmire to say the least!

tanvirni, thanks for your post. Whilst looking at the Immigration Rules I can see that this letter is listed as one of the supporting documents, but Section 6 of the actual application form does not specify that Work Permit holders need to provide this information. This was obviously the reason behind my confusion and subsequent panic!

The Section states:-

Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion); Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except Highly Skilled Migrants

Now to my eye there is no Work Permit holder listed there, ergo, no need for me to obtain this information. Am I missing something?

As stated, I am getting in touch with my employer to provide a letter. However, whilst they can confirm dates of my school trips and compassionate leave, and my number of days entitlement for annual leave, they cannot possibly confirm the dates and locations of any personal holidays within my annual leave. Will their confirmation of my number of days leave in any year be sufficient?

Many thanks all.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Sarah-Lou wrote:Thank you for the replies. The process is a quagmire to say the least!

tanvirni, thanks for your post. Whilst looking at the Immigration Rules I can see that this letter is listed as one of the supporting documents, but Section 6 of the actual application form does not specify that Work Permit holders need to provide this information. This was obviously the reason behind my confusion and subsequent panic!

The Section states:-

Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion); Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except Highly Skilled Migrants

Now to my eye there is no Work Permit holder listed there, ergo, no need for me to obtain this information. Am I missing something?

As stated, I am getting in touch with my employer to provide a letter. However, whilst they can confirm dates of my school trips and compassionate leave, and my number of days entitlement for annual leave, they cannot possibly confirm the dates and locations of any personal holidays within my annual leave. Will their confirmation of my number of days leave in any year be sufficient?

Many thanks all.
It shouldn't be any issue but in case. I have provided the letters with my application but seen others in the forums CW didn't ask for it. It is always good to carry the papers to peace in mind.

All the best