ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

John

Post by John » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:16 am

Please read the form and the guidance. It is all there.

Many people are surprised just how little supporting information needs to be submitted when applying for Naturalisation.

But do appreciate that in the declaration on the form that you will sign, you are authorising UKBA to contact HMRC and examine your tax records (if any).
John

kvsudhirreddy
Newly Registered

Post by kvsudhirreddy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Please advise what to select for below - I am contracting through my limited company so I am director and also take earnings as Salary + dividends.

Section 3: Good Character Requirement

3.2 Are you An employee? A business partner? Self-employed? A director

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:18 pm

kvsudhirreddy wrote:Please advise what to select for below - I am contracting through my limited company so I am director and also take earnings as Salary + dividends.

Section 3: Good Character Requirement

3.2 Are you An employee? A business partner? Self-employed? A director
The answer is in your question. Read the form and find a way to inform them that "I am contracting through my limited company so I am director and also take earnings as Salary + dividends."

pink_floyd
Newly Registered

Spouse application

Post by pink_floyd » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Can other half file naturalisation application once I've received my naturalisation certficate (assuming all other conditions are met) or do we need to wait until I get my passport?

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 pm

As soon as you have your Certificate of Naturalisation you are British! It is not a legal requirement for British Citizens to have a British passport, and those that do not, they are no less British.
John

thomas82
Newly Registered

Post by thomas82 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:44 pm

I have got a query regarding question 2.1 of the form.

Date and Place of first arrival in the United Kingdom

I went on to read the guide that accompanied the form, it states that I have to enter the day I arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long term basis.

I first came to UK on 13 October 2003 as a student and then in December 2006 I got my work permit granted.So I left UK and got my work permit visa stamped in India on 7 January 2007 and then entered UK on January 17 2007.

Which date do I enter, 13 October 2003 or January 17 2007 ? Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Put either. It will have no effect on the application.

pink_floyd
Newly Registered

Post by pink_floyd » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:53 am

John wrote:As soon as you have your Certificate of Naturalisation you are British! It is not a legal requirement for British Citizens to have a British passport, and those that do not, they are no less British.
but per UKBA website aplication based on marriage to a British citizen SHOULD provide partner's passport or birth certificate!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... documents/

thomas82
Newly Registered

Post by thomas82 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:09 pm

I was granted ILR on 4 Jan 2012 on the basis of spending 5 years on Work Permit and Tier 1 General combined. And I have spent 1 year on ILR now.

What documents do applicants usually submit for the application?I could not find a list as such, if there is a list could provide me with a link? From what I read, it was

1)Passport
2)Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate

siddiqr

Post by siddiqr » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Dear forum members

I have some confusion filling in my citizenship application form, section 2.4 and 2.5 to be precise.

I married my norwegian wife on 27th july 2007 in Oslo and we started living in the UK straight after. My wife actively looked for work, started as self employed immediately and then found full time job in Sep 2007. I held EEA2 for 5 years and then applied for EEA4 in Sep 12. My PR rights were confirmed through a sticker on 4 Feb 13.

Am i eligible to apply for BC now? We will be married, living in the UK and continuously working for 6 years on 15th Aug 2013.

Sections 2.4 and 2.5 asks for the confirmation that treaty rights were being excercised. Do i give my details there or my wife's. I think it is my wife's as without her excercising treaty rights, i wont have obtained PR. Hope someone can help

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:18 pm

siddiqr wrote:Dear forum members

I have some confusion filling in my citizenship application form, section 2.4 and 2.5 to be precise.

I married my norwegian wife on 27th july 2007 in Oslo and we started living in the UK straight after. My wife actively looked for work, started as self employed immediately and then found full time job in Sep 2007. I held EEA2 for 5 years and then applied for EEA4 in Sep 12. My PR rights were confirmed through a sticker on 4 Feb 13.

Am i eligible to apply for BC now? We will be married, living in the UK and continuously working for 6 years on 15th Aug 2013.

Sections 2.4 and 2.5 asks for the confirmation that treaty rights were being excercised. Do i give my details there or my wife's. I think it is my wife's as without her excercising treaty rights, i wont have obtained PR. Hope someone can help

Regards
It's your wife's details (and supporting documents) that are needed. Basically you can treat 2.4/2.5 as a mini EEA4 form so you will need to prove (again) what you proved in your EEA4 application.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:19 pm

thomas82 wrote:I was granted ILR on 4 Jan 2012 on the basis of spending 5 years on Work Permit and Tier 1 General combined. And I have spent 1 year on ILR now.

What documents do applicants usually submit for the application?I could not find a list as such, if there is a list could provide me with a link? From what I read, it was

1)Passport
Check the last page of the application form.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:05 pm

thomas82 wrote:I was granted ILR on 4 Jan 2012 on the basis of spending 5 years on Work Permit and Tier 1 General combined. And I have spent 1 year on ILR now.

1)Passport
https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... pplication

Documents I believe you will need to send are:

i. current passport (and any uncancelled passports)
ii. citizenship certificate

And 2x photos (one with appropriate declaration on the back and signed/dated by your referee.

Good luck

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:07 pm

RoyalFlush wrote:

1)Passport
https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... pplication

Documents I believe you will need to send are:

i. current passport (and any uncancelled passports)
ii. citizenship certificate

And 2x photos (one with appropriate declaration on the back and signed/dated by your referee.

Good luck
This appears to be citizenship application, not a passport application yet.

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Filling in AN form for application to naturalise as spouse of a BC.

I need some guidance please.

Under question 1.17 they ask for the addresses for the last 5 years.

Is this really necessary considering the requirement for residency for spouse applications is only 3 years?

We have been living in our current home for almost 3 and a half years.

Thanks.

Karnavati

Post by Karnavati » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:16 pm

SgtBellPepper wrote:Filling in AN form for application to naturalise as spouse of a BC.

I need some guidance please.

Under question 1.17 they ask for the addresses for the last 5 years.

Is this really necessary considering the requirement for residency for spouse applications is only 3 years?

We have been living in our current home for almost 3 and a half years.

Thanks.
Yes it is necessary and an applicant must fill it in. Some of the reasons are:
1. Addresses are tied with your credit history. Hence if any applicant was declared bankrupt it will be linked to address.
2. Any offences that are done by a person are also linked to addresses.
3. It also proves that an applicant has been in the UK for the past 5 years and is traceable.

Hope the above helps.

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Naturalisation after ILR

Post by Monika_33 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:08 pm

I am a Bulgarian national and have been granted an ILR in May 2006.
Have a few question re my Naturalisation form application:

1. Do I need a Letter from my employer?

2. Do I need to provide the P60s for the last 5 years with the Application?

3. I have only renewed my Bulgarian passport in May 2013 and do not keep copies of the old passport, but in the guidance it is said that I have to provide all my passports for the last 5 years. However, I have a Bulgarian ID card which was valid for the last 5 years. Is it good enough?

Thanks
M

ketrin25
Newly Registered

Post by ketrin25 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi,

I am filling a AN form and would be grateful if someone please give advice on few points. These may be very basic silly questions but I am confused.
I'm EEA national and have a permanent residence in UK since December 2010.
Q1. What should I put in section 2.4 showing "on what basis I was in the UK for the last 6 years if I was in maternity leave and then had a 7 month gap and another maternity leave. Then I had a 7 month gap again and then 3 years spent in college until now?

Q2. Is UK EHIC card considered if I state I was a student?

Please help who can because I'm completely confused.

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:57 pm

I would be grateful if i can get help with regards to filling in the AN form;

Am a family member of an EEA National; - my father is the EEA National

Question 1.27 - 1.30. Details of Mother, My mum passed away even before I came to the UK, do I need to fill in her details or should I just put the name, strike-through her name and in brackets write deceased?

Question 2.4, should I just tick the box that says family member of an EEA and leave the rest of this section blank as I already have PR which is 16 months old? I have noticed on the quotes here everyone being advised to leave 2.4 empty if they already have PR for 12 months.

Question 6.6 I don't understand this question, should I leave it blank because it doesn't relate to me or should I strike through it, a way of deleting it?

Many thanks

kkhhyyaattii10
Newly Registered

naturalization eligibility

Post by kkhhyyaattii10 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:12 pm

hi, just have small querry. me n my husband got ILR on 25 oct 2012 on the 5yrs workpermit.
so what will be earliest date to apply for naturalization. can I go for NCS on 24th oct or it has to be 25th oct. as on and after 28th oct they changing some rules.we both have our batchlor degree in english from india. so not sure what to do ?
thanks .
please reply...

vinny

Re: naturalization eligibility

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:07 am

kkhhyyaattii10 wrote:hi, just have small querry. me n my husband got ILR on 25 oct 2012 on the 5yrs workpermit.
so what will be earliest date to apply for naturalization. can I go for NCS on 24th oct or it has to be 25th oct. as on and after 28th oct they changing some rules.we both have our batchlor degree in english from india. so not sure what to do ?
thanks .
please reply...
Answered.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gcameo
Newly Registered

Post by gcameo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:02 am

ketrin25 wrote:Hi,

I am filling a AN form and would be grateful if someone please give advice on few points. These may be very basic silly questions but I am confused.
Q1. What should I put in section 2.4 showing "on what basis I was in the UK for the last 6 years if I was in maternity leave and then had a 7 month gap and another maternity leave. Then I had a 7 month gap again and then 3 years spent in college until now?

I have a very similar question to yours but I am non-EEA family member of EEA national.I am applying for Naturalization. My wife was on maternity between Nov 2007 and Sept 2009 but i was working to look after us so I suppose that still qualifies as exercising treaty rights. She worked for Sainsbury's since then but back on maternity since April 2013 this year with maternity pay from sainsburys. Do I state the maternity periods as Self- Sufficient and if so, do I need to provide the medical insurance certificates and stuff? I have been in full time employment since 2006 with an OK salary. I am applying via the 6 year route without ILR.

ketrin25
Newly Registered

filling AN form

Post by ketrin25 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:41 am

Hi,
Please help me who can.

Q.3. What does date of settlement mean if I'm EEA national member? Is that the date I have got the permanent resident

kingnew
Newly Registered

Please help

Post by kingnew » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 pm

I appreciate who could help me with this.

I got the ilr two years before on 10years long stay. Due to HO lost my old passport when sent me the application back, I am not able to find the days which absence from UK, what should I do or where can I got there record?

Moniek
Newly Registered

Filling AN form

Post by Moniek » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi. I'm just filling AN form and have some questions:
Question 1.3 What is that about?:)
In question 1.8 "if you are or have ever been known by any name or names apart from those mentioned above, please give details here" is that a place for my maiden name? Becouse that is the name I used an the beginning of my stay in UK.
Question 3.5 " addressof tax office or tax office reference" what is that and where can I get it from?
Thanks