ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:50 pm

pink nails wrote:After waiting for nearly 10 months, got refusal letter today.

Im so upset and angry, Im annoyed with myself for missing the 14 year deadline. I have the right to appeal but I feel lost.

I have no kids and not married and UKBA seem to think 2 brothers in my home country (one I've never even met) constitutes family ties.

I am 29 and have been here since I was 14, UKBA says I've spent the majority of my life in my home country.

Im supposed to sign in at a Reporting Centre next month.

I feel overwhelmed and numb, I have to make an appeal within 10 days if I wish to fight.

any advice anyone can give about how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

I am so sorry to hear that you have been refused! I sincerely think you should not worry. For the time spent in UK, you stand a strong chance of winning your appeal.

shairee_mashriq

Discretionary Leave to remain

Post by shairee_mashriq » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:07 pm

rilakuma
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 am Post subject:
Good Day!
Been following this forum since I lodged my application and it has passed the 6 months marked. Just wanted to know how to file a complaint to the HO.
My timeline is

Application sent:08/01/13
Biometrics done: 24/02/13

Had civil partnership to a british national last 28th december 2012 and my visa expired last 14th December 2012 as well. Arrived to England 2009 under student visa.
Thank you in advance!
Please check your inbox and at the same time I just wanted to say... I am in the same boat, slightly different application but its for discretionary leave to remain.....................

Any ways I think the UK BA have a contact section which also explains how to make a complaint....
The problem to making a complaint is the UKBA has not given any time frame what so ever in any application. This means you can not complain them for unreasonable delay........

This is why I was extremely confused how to write a complaint as I don't understand how its breach of any legislation that they are taking longer then normal to process an application.

Please do me a favour if you get any good reason to complaint to UKBA.

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

Post by grenadagirl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Is it a good idea to contact ukba myself?. It's been a year and I still don't know what is happening to my application. My solicitor wrote them twice and I still haven't heard anything.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:44 pm

hi everyone got good and bad and confusing news today

first of all me and my family had section 4 support tribunal hearing today because HO wanted to discontinue our support. they withdrew their decision at the last moment lol literally 2 mins before the hearing time. they wasted all the money on our travel tickets and that.

but here is the confusing news.
1st regarding my sister. we sent more documents when they asked for more for her flr(O). it was receieved by them exactly on the date they said so it wasnt late. the issue is that the HO rep spoke to us today and said that her flro was refused because they didnt get the more evidence they asked for but we have proof that we sent it. so hopefully that will help us.

now 2nd regarding me.. they have completely asked for different documents from me. i am 23 i had 3 year gap from age of 8 till 11. was born in uk but they have asked me for documents to prove last 19years of residence in the uk. i dont have all the proof because of that 3 year gap and before age of 8 was really small. when dad took us out of country we didnt know that we will be back . so dont have documents before age 8 except the birth certificate and the appeals which my parents sent that time with me as kid in it. would that help at all? and also can get supportings letters from family and friends who were in the country that time and used to spend time with

is my case worker considering me under flro or maybe ILR if asking for 19years proof. and also they had sent the letter 12 days ago but neither i or the representative received it until i spoke to the HO lady at the hearing and only got till monday now.

winners

Post by winners » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:00 pm

ali90 wrote:hi everyone got good and bad and confusing news today

first of all me and my family had section 4 support tribunal hearing today because HO wanted to discontinue our support. they withdrew their decision at the last moment lol literally 2 mins before the hearing time. they wasted all the money on our travel tickets and that.

1st regarding my sister. we sent more documents when they asked for more for her flr(O). it was receieved by them exactly on the date they said so it wasnt late. the issue is that the HO rep spoke to us today and said that her flro was refused because they didnt get the more evidence they asked for but we have proof that we sent it. so hopefully that will help us.

now 2nd regarding me.. they have completely asked for different documents from me. i am 23 i had 3 year gap from age of 8 till 11. was born in uk but they have asked me for documents to prove last 19years of residence in the uk. i dont have all the proof because of that 3 year gap and before age of 8 was really small. when dad took us out of country we didnt know that we will be back . so dont have documents before age 8 except the birth certificate and the appeals which my parents sent that time with me as kid in it. would that help at all? and also can get supportings letters from family and friends who were in the country that time and used to spend time with

is my case worker considering me under flro or maybe ILR if asking for 19years proof. and also they had sent the letter 12 days ago but neither i or the representative received it until i spoke to the HO lady at the hearing and only got till monday now.
Gp records would help like immunisation you took till 8 yrs while here and school records till age 8, you can go to your borough education department to track your record while you are in the school, should if you still not get any help from that school you attended then,
To the best of my knowledge i dont see how you're going to prove or beat UKBA without the documents they asked for.
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:04 pm

hi@winners could you check your inbox plz? thank you

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:34 pm

ali90 wrote:hi everyone got good and bad and confusing news today

Send as many documents and pictures as you can. School, gp etc all the best
Godgives

winners

Post by winners » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi@winners could you check your inbox plz? thank you
I have replied
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

lenn83

Post by lenn83 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:35 pm

sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote: CONGRATULATION, dear... I actually dreamt of you received all your documents back couple of days ago, and thought I'd tell you this but been busy last week and no time to write to you. And now it came true, couldn't be happier for you!!
But I'm still waiting for mine though.. :'-(

Awww thanx hun dreams really do come true. Hope u get yours very soon.
I really hope so. I've just spoke to Jessica from UKBA, she said "Your application has been allocated to a caseworker, but I don't think they'll draw a decision in any time soon". And she kept insisted she can't and won't be able to tell when it will be.
My tear just burst out before I was hanging up the call... I feel so helpless.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hun just hold on to faith its allocated a caseworker u will hear from them within couple weeks that's how I used to feel too cry if u want to cry and let out that fraustration. U never know what tomorrow holds.xx
Rang UKBA this morning and spoke to a nice guy called John, he put me on hold for couple of minutes and came back and said "There's no decision yet, but I'm certain they're started looking into it this month". And I thought did he mean this month July? or next month? as it's nearly end of July. Then I asked him again "did you say this month?" , he said " Yes, this month".
It's bit confusing, but at least that gave me bit hope though. And I'm hoping it will be a good news!! *Fingers & Toes Crossed*

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:01 pm

lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
lenn83 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Awww thanx hun dreams really do come true. Hope u get yours very soon.
I really hope so. I've just spoke to Jessica from UKBA, she said "Your application has been allocated to a caseworker, but I don't think they'll draw a decision in any time soon". And she kept insisted she can't and won't be able to tell when it will be.
My tear just burst out before I was hanging up the call... I feel so helpless.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hun just hold on to faith its allocated a caseworker u will hear from them within couple weeks that's how I used to feel too cry if u want to cry and let out that fraustration. U never know what tomorrow holds.xx
Rang UKBA this morning and spoke to a nice guy called John, he put me on hold for couple of minutes and came back and said "There's no decision yet, but I'm certain they're started looking into it this month". And I thought did he mean this month July? or next month? as it's nearly end of July. Then I asked him again "did you say this month?" , he said " Yes, this month".
It's bit confusing, but at least that gave me bit hope though. And I'm hoping it will be a good news!! *Fingers & Toes Crossed*

Hun that's what the guy did say to me 2 weeks ago put me on hold and then states decision hasn't made yet but they dealing with it. So u never know u gona get it soon just hold the faith.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Guys pls can someone give me d email addy of rob whiteman or anyother chief executive pls

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:11 pm

i called them too today and the lady on the phone told me the application is not allocated to a case worker yet. I asked for time scale approximetly when this is going to happen she said i cant give you any time scale you just wait.
sooo annoying.......
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi@winners and shareen24h I checked it please both of you could you check?

Letsee
BANNED

Post by Letsee » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:15 pm

pink nails wrote:After waiting for nearly 10 months, got refusal letter today.

Im so upset and angry, Im annoyed with myself for missing the 14 year deadline. I have the right to appeal but I feel lost.

I have no kids and not married and UKBA seem to think 2 brothers in my home country (one I've never even met) constitutes family ties.

I am 29 and have been here since I was 14, UKBA says I've spent the majority of my life in my home country.

Im supposed to sign in at a Reporting Centre next month.

I feel overwhelmed and numb, I have to make an appeal within 10 days if I wish to fight.

any advice anyone can give about how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
I am sorry to hear this news. You case is very similar to mine. Appeal the decision. You will have better chance in appeal stage.

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:29 pm

So far two cases have been rejected with no British kid or partner...
I am in the same boat, feeling nervous & depressed already...

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi@winners and shareen24h I checked it please both of you could you check?
Hi Sharma and Winners

Please check your inbox.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:37 pm

I CALLED FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, THE LADY SAID ITS NOT COMPLETED AND DAT WEN IT IS I WILL HEAR FROM THEM, I ASKED IS IT WIT A CASEWORKER , AND SHE SAID YES BUT NO TIME FRAME.......THEN I CALLED LATER ON AGAIN AND D SOFT SPOKEN LADY TOOK MY DETAILS AND SAID IT APPEARS WE STILL HAVE YR APPLICATN ...ANDD SHE TOLD ME TO HOLD ON , CAME BACK AND SAID ITS NOT COMPLETED AND I ASKED HER WAT IS D STAGE , THEN SHE SAID ITS WIT D CASE WORKING UNIT BUT SHE IS NOT SURE IF ITS WITH THE CASEWORKER .....I VE EMAILED HO TO COMPLAIN NO RESPONSE. EVEN OMBUDSMAN TO NO AVAIL , MY MP IS NOT EVEN DOIN MUCH........I AM AT BREAKING POINT[/list]
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks@winners and shareen24h I checked it. @winners plz could you check it again?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:46 pm

@winners I checked your message please again could you check it?

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:47 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:I CALLED FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, THE LADY SAID ITS NOT COMPLETED AND DAT WEN IT IS I WILL HEAR FROM THEM, I ASKED IS IT WIT A CASEWORKER , AND SHE SAID YES BUT NO TIME FRAME.......THEN I CALLED LATER ON AGAIN AND D SOFT SPOKEN LADY TOOK MY DETAILS AND SAID IT APPEARS WE STILL HAVE YR APPLICATN ...ANDD SHE TOLD ME TO HOLD ON , CAME BACK AND SAID ITS NOT COMPLETED AND I ASKED HER WAT IS D STAGE , THEN SHE SAID ITS WIT D CASE WORKING UNIT BUT SHE IS NOT SURE IF ITS WITH THE CASEWORKER .....I VE EMAILED HO TO COMPLAIN NO RESPONSE. EVEN OMBUDSMAN TO NO AVAIL , MY MP IS NOT EVEN DOIN MUCH........I AM AT BREAKING POINT[/list]
yummymummy yours is extention right? if so you have nothing to worry they will reply to you soon. keep faith. others here are in more difficult position, waiting for too long and not knowing what the outcome will be.
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks@winners for your kind response.

SDP

Post by SDP » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:51 pm

summer2013 wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:I CALLED FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, THE LADY SAID ITS NOT COMPLETED AND DAT WEN IT IS I WILL HEAR FROM THEM, I ASKED IS IT WIT A CASEWORKER , AND SHE SAID YES BUT NO TIME FRAME.......THEN I CALLED LATER ON AGAIN AND D SOFT SPOKEN LADY TOOK MY DETAILS AND SAID IT APPEARS WE STILL HAVE YR APPLICATN ...ANDD SHE TOLD ME TO HOLD ON , CAME BACK AND SAID ITS NOT COMPLETED AND I ASKED HER WAT IS D STAGE , THEN SHE SAID ITS WIT D CASE WORKING UNIT BUT SHE IS NOT SURE IF ITS WITH THE CASEWORKER .....I VE EMAILED HO TO COMPLAIN NO RESPONSE. EVEN OMBUDSMAN TO NO AVAIL , MY MP IS NOT EVEN DOIN MUCH........I AM AT BREAKING POINT[/list]
yummymummy yours is extention right? if so you have nothing to worry they will reply to you soon. keep faith. others here are in more difficult position, waiting for too long and not knowing what the outcome will be.
Exactly I agree with @summer2013...

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Some information for those who have "Legacy" connection

The Born Again Legacy ?

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:25 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Hi@winners and shareen24h I checked it please both of you could you check?
Hi Sharma and Winners

Please check your inbox.

Hi winners

Thank you for response.
I have replied please check.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Chidy wrote:Some information for those who have "Legacy" connection

The Born Again Legacy ?
Hi Chidy

What information you have. I m not on legacy, but some of my friend are in legacy.