ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO -ILR Tier-1,further documents requested !

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londener

PEO -ILR Tier-1,further documents requested !

Post by londener » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:54 am

Hi all,
My friend applied for SET (0) at the PEO , Croydon. The caseworker gave a letter asking more documents to support his self employment.The amount of self employment has been just about 4000 out of 35000 in total.They asked the documents which have not needed before.They asked a contract letter with the client and the confirmation letter from the client confirming the service they've taken and the details of payment they made.It was very hard to get those as his clients were an individual and not corporate.Anyway he managed to submit all of them and waiting for decision.
Now my question
-Does anyone have such an issue before ?
-Why did they ask the documents which are not required to proof the income according to immigration rules?
-How long do they take to give a decision in general as this is a PEO and not postal?
Many thanks for sharing .
believe in yourself !!!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: PEO -ILR Tier-1,further documents requested !

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:01 am

londener wrote:Hi all,
My friend applied for SET (0) at the PEO , Croydon. The caseworker gave a letter asking more documents to support his self employment.The amount of self employment has been just about 4000 out of 35000 in total.They asked the documents which have not needed before.They asked a contract letter with the client and the confirmation letter from the client confirming the service they've taken and the details of payment they made.It was very hard to get those as his clients were an individual and not corporate.Anyway he managed to submit all of them and waiting for decision.
Now my question
-Does anyone have such an issue before ?
-Why did they ask the documents which are not required to proof the income according to immigration rules?
-How long do they take to give a decision in general as this is a PEO and not postal?
Many thanks for sharing .
The reason they might have asked additional docs could be due to previous convictions (no 3), which you have posted earlier in this forum

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Cannot give the timeline on when they will make a decision

londener

Post by londener » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi Sonu,

A NFA doesn't falls under the criteria of conviction as anybody can be arrested on the suspicion of any issues, a clear cheat after release is NFA. I have given the clarification for all of three offences on the letter head of solicitors as solicitors guided me .Case worker didn't raise any question in this regard .I have also written a self declaration letter to Home office giving some good references that I am in good character.
Yes of course it could be a matter because they couldn't raise any question according to immigration rule in this regard but raised another question.
Anyway, do you or anybody here has any idea how long they have been taking to take a decision on this matter. I have heard that they may ask /make a query with client as well.

Have you got any idea ,how would they send our passport if they got decided once.Do they send by post or ask for a self collection ?
Cheers for your sharing.
believe in yourself !!!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:21 pm

londener wrote:Hi Sonu,

A NFA doesn't falls under the criteria of conviction as anybody can be arrested on the suspicion of any issues, a clear cheat after release is NFA. I have given the clarification for all of three offences on the letter head of solicitors as solicitors guided me .Case worker didn't raise any question in this regard .I have also written a self declaration letter to Home office giving some good references that I am in good character.
Yes of course it could be a matter because they couldn't raise any question according to immigration rule in this regard but raised another question.
Anyway, do you or anybody here has any idea how long they have been taking to take a decision on this matter. I have heard that they may ask /make a query with client as well.

Have you got any idea ,how would they send our passport if they got decided once.Do they send by post or ask for a self collection ?
Cheers for your sharing.
They would try to establish that those documents and the company is genuine. The reason they are asking for additional docs is they want to ensure that no stone is unturned while they decide on your application, as appeals and judicial reviews is advertently affecting tax payer's money.

I guess once they decide on your application, they will try to post it along with your BRP.

londener

Post by londener » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:58 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:

Cheers for your sharing.
They would try to establish that those documents and the company is genuine. The reason they are asking for additional docs is they want to ensure that no stone is unturned while they decide on your application, as appeals and judicial reviews is advertently affecting tax payer's money.

I guess once they decide on your application, they will try to post it along with your BRP.

Do you mean they don't wish to allow appeal just because of more time and manpower involved in it ?

Lets see ! I am a genuine self employed and submitted the documents from HMRC confirming that I have been self employed for the last five years ..
Any more ideas?
I am hoping to get the positive decision very soon as it is premium service.But worried that they are now( according to the commitment of coalition people are abusing this category...specially by entrepreneur ) more concerned about self employed business and may take longer time.
how do you think ?
believe in yourself !!!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:43 pm

londener wrote:
sonub4ualt wrote:

Cheers for your sharing.

Do you mean they don't wish to allow appeal just because of more time and manpower involved in it ?

Lets see ! I am a genuine self employed and submitted the documents from HMRC confirming that I have been self employed for the last five years ..
Any more ideas?
I am hoping to get the positive decision very soon as it is premium service.But worried that they are now( according to the commitment of coalition people are abusing this category...specially by entrepreneur ) more concerned about self employed business and may take longer time.
how do you think ?

If you look at some of the previous postings in the forum, UKBA are withdrawing cases which are going for appeals or judicial reviews. If you have sufficient docs to prove your earnings then you will get your decision soon, hope decision will turn out in your favour.

londener

Post by londener » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi Sonu,

Hoping so...Is it possible to give the link here please ?
Thanks
believe in yourself !!!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks
Im not sure whether this is the related link, but as you might be aware appeals and judicial reviews for visas under some categories have been removed for this reason. I think one of this category is the family visitor visa, not exactly sure

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... withdrawal

londener

Post by londener » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:

Thanks
Im not sure whether this is the related link, but as you might be aware appeals and judicial reviews for visas under some categories have been removed for this reason. I think one of this category is the family visitor visa, not exactly sure

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... withdrawal

Hi Sonu,
This is a totally different case.Home office now generally do not give appeal rights for any of the family ,visitors visa .They soon are making a law that there is no appeal at all for family/visitors visa.
believe in yourself !!!