ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - Driving conviction!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

milleniumx99
Newly Registered

Please help - Driving conviction!!

Post by milleniumx99 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi All,

I hope you will be able to kindly assist.

I am due to apply for naturalisation shortly but was convicted in court for driving without insurance and tax and MOT about 10 years ago. I was fined and got 6 points.

I have called the court and they don't have the details as they changed systems. I can't remember the dates, fine amount and DVLA don't keep such old records.

Should I declare this when I have very limited information?

Thanks so much for reading my post!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Put what you can remember in the extra information box. It's not going to affect your application as it's been more than 3 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

milleniumx99
Newly Registered

Post by milleniumx99 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:20 pm

D4109125 wrote:Put what you can remember in the extra information box. It's not going to affect your application as it's been more than 3 years.
Thanks for the quick response! It's greatly appreciated.

Is it wise to declare this given that the courts and DVLA don't have this info and the UKBA will also unlikely have this information.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:17 pm

It's good to declare any spent or unspent conviction, if you just put 10 years ago..... Then you've declared it and there is no question of failing to disclose.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

milleniumx99
Newly Registered

Post by milleniumx99 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:45 am

D4109125 wrote:It's good to declare any spent or unspent conviction, if you just put 10 years ago..... Then you've declared it and there is no question of failing to disclose.
Hi Amber, you clearly know what you are talking about and your responses seem very articulate. Are you in the legal profession?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 am

Academia not practice, my forte is police data, the retention and use of. Some important recent changes regarding DBS certificates means that your conviction should be filtered and no longer displayed on a DBS certificate (previously crb check) which may be valuable for you to know.