ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Padsy

Post by Padsy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:47 am

Thank you olazh how long have u been waiting

olazh

Post by olazh » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:11 am

Padsy I applied last week, so long time to wait yet.
Im ready for a long wait, but hoping....

abdolrahman
Newly Registered

Re: application withdrawn

Post by abdolrahman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 am

Hy guys

that is my new record for waiting time to get my Travel document .
so , i have been waiting for 315 days

any new news from some body else ,meanwhile i got my Biometic finger print last year and i dont have problem for that .

good lock for all
:D :D :D :) :arrow: :idea:

parivash
Newly Registered

Re: application withdrawn

Post by parivash » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:50 pm

abdolrahman wrote:Hy guys

that is my new record for waiting time to get my Travel document .
so , i have been waiting for 315 days

any new news from some body else ,meanwhile i got my Biometic finger print last year and i dont have problem for that .

good lock for all
:D :D :D :) :arrow: :idea:
Wow, that's a long wait, have you done anything about it? I mean calling them, writing to them? Is it your first or second one?

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Padsy wrote:Here's m timeline , hope it helps

Eligibility criteria: refugee status (convention travel document)
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 08 august 2012
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09 August 2012
Date of debit of fees: 11 August 2012
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: none
Date of biometric enrolment : 13 September 2009
Date of receipt of travel document: 9 July 2013
Congratulation Padsy: I don`t know why the home office taking too long for CTD as Refugee we were already suffer in stage settlement ILR now again suffering through waiting.
Few month ago some one received his CTD within a month but we don`t. again best wishes for your next stage.
babe khyber

slavaengland
Ukraine

CTD

Post by slavaengland » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I apply to CTD last April and still waiting now. I know couple who aplly last November and received CTD in 6 weeks. How? I don't know but They told me that just apply and nothing to did more. Also I know woman who apply in May,2012 and received CTD at September. So, some people get luck , some people get unfortunately. I try request to emergency CTD because our local GP not want register my pregnant wife, GP requared passport. We haven't got passports. Home Office give declaine for us because I haven't got evidence. Which evidence????? My wife during 1 year doesn't check in doctor and know She is pregnant last 6 month without medical checking. So, it's HUMAN country

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:53 am

@slave
it is not clear what your situation is. pleasde answer the following questions to try and help.

1. have you been granted refugee status?
2. have you received a letter confirming this?
3. have you tried to get help from CAB?
4. have you written to them a letter to complain?

good luck

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:04 am

viglen210 wrote:@slave
it is not clear what your situation is. pleasde answer the following questions to try and help.

1. have you been granted refugee status?
2. have you received a letter confirming this?
3. have you tried to get help from CAB?
4. have you written to them a letter to complain?

good luck
1. Yes, 05/12/2012
2. Yes
3. CAB -????
4. I just written letter to MP. MP was send letter to GP and Home Office. I have copies of letters. No answer from HO or GP yet. I tried reg in GP again but declaine

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:39 am

The letter was your decision as a successful refugee status should be enough to have access to health care, benefit system, etc...

When you go to your gp, tell them that the HO does not return my passport and I am waiting for a TD showing evidence of this if possible. If no good, contact citizen advice office (cab) in your area. They can make contact on your behalf.

MP are not always useful especially these days with do many people using them. My advice to lodge a complain directly with ukba (whatever they are called now) on their email and postal address. This will force them to look into your case at least formally than a letter from your mp.

Try a different gp if you can. Go to hospital straightaway if still not seen. Your gp is acting against the law as your are a recognised Refugee with the decision letter being sufficient in most cases.

Good luck

ouf72
Newly Registered

I finally got it

Post by ouf72 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:07 am

Here's m timeline , hope it helps

Date of application: 15 February 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16 February 2013
Date of debit of fees: Postal order
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20 February 2013
Date of biometric enrolment : 15 June 2013
Date of receipt of travel document: 17 July 2013

That's exactly 5 months wait. This was a renewal. I sent them emmergency documents last month and contacted the MP at the same time. Sent à letter two weeks ago. I only got the CTD today, still waiting for BRP as I applied for both.

olazh

Post by olazh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi

Can somebody who already recieved their CTD tell me how Home Office delivering them? By DX or Royal Mail?

Thanks

olazh

Post by olazh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Congratulations ouf72! It was a long wait, but its worse it!!!!
Good luck to you!

I wish everybody who is waiting for CTD recieve them in very nearest future!!!

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: I finally got it

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:35 am

ouf72 wrote:Here's m timeline , hope it helps

That's exactly 5 months wait. This was a renewal. I sent them emmergency documents last month and contacted the MP at the same time. Sent à letter two weeks ago. I only got the CTD today, still waiting for BRP as I applied for both.
Congratulation. you are lucky person because you have received it before the summer holiday. We are still waiting last month our MP Call to home office and asked at the time the home office said they are issuing to Feb 2013 cases and your case will be issuing within the next 15days but till today nothing heard even 38 days past after the phone. Any way best wishes for your future.
babe khyber

Michael.U
Newly Registered

Post by Michael.U » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:45 am

@Ouf72 what kind of emergency documents did u send?

ouf72
Newly Registered

Post by ouf72 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 am

@ Thank you Olazh The CTD was sent as recoreded delivery as I needed to sign for it.

Thank you Babe_khyber and yes am lucky because i planned a trip to spain this summer. I hope yours will come soon. Good Luck to u.

@Michael U: I sent a medical report from my GP as I needed to attend a doctor appointment abroad.

I would not advise anyone to call them as it's a waste of time and money. The only thing they say over the phone is "wait, we will write to you". The best way of putting pressure on them is to write letters and send it via recorded delivery. Also send them fax from time to time to wake them up as they seem to be sleeping over there.
Good Luck to all of you and please don't give up, keep fighting!

parivash
Newly Registered

Post by parivash » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:30 pm

babe_khyber wrote:

Congratulation. you are lucky person because you have received it before the summer holiday. We are still waiting last month our MP Call to home office and asked at the time the home office said they are issuing to Feb 2013 cases and your case will be issuing within the next 15days but till today nothing heard even 38 days past after the phone. Any way best wishes for your future.
babe khyber

When I phoned, they told me the same thing, a few days ago, '' you should wait, we are still dealing with February applications'' I am really waiting for the time to get it, Hope that time comes soon..

They don't care abt us
Newly Registered

Hey guys

Post by They don't care abt us » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Hey guys
So today against all my expectations I received ctd. The funny thing is I wasn't expecting it anymore as I decided to withdraw my application. So was both shocked and surprised to getting a brand new travel document this morning or shall I say yesterday morning after waiting for 7 months. Ok that's my situation now planning to kick off my holidays. All the best to you all.

parivash
Newly Registered

Re: Hey guys

Post by parivash » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:18 am

They don't care abt us wrote:Hey guys
So today against all my expectations I received ctd. The funny thing is I wasn't expecting it anymore as I decided to withdraw my application. So was both shocked and surprised to getting a brand new travel document this morning or shall I say yesterday morning after waiting for 7 months. Ok that's my situation now planning to kick off my holidays. All the best to you all.
Congratulations, It's so good to hear that.have a nice time

olazh

Post by olazh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 am

Hi everybody

Any good news?

Newly Registered

Post by 407004 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Hai guys

my first TD i received in 2months time and i am so hoping that my renewal TD arrives soon too
i am just over a month in after submitting my application

so guys tell please if you hear any good news, so like someone said " to start getting the conveyor belt" of these TD applications start moving again

i just graduated and so want to head to having a good holiday
even though Britain is getting crazily hot . Hope whoever is fasting in this month of Ramadan , wish them all the best and just keep praying that our applications are being dealt with and our TD's will come soon hopefully

slavaengland
Ukraine

moving

Post by slavaengland » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi , I waiting from April, still waiting. I want to move to other address, i will do redirect for letters to new address. For which address will be come CTD? I will received it on a new address or old address?

Michael.U
Newly Registered

Re: moving

Post by Michael.U » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:52 am

slavaengland wrote:Hi , I waiting from April, still waiting. I want to move to other address, i will do redirect for letters to new address. For which address will be come CTD? I will received it on a new address or old address?
@Slaveengland You need to go to their website and under contact you have the option to update your address.

slavaengland
Ukraine

Re: moving

Post by slavaengland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:48 am

Michael.U wrote:
slavaengland wrote:Hi , I waiting from April, still waiting. I want to move to other address, i will do redirect for letters to new address. For which address will be come CTD? I will received it on a new address or old address?
@Slaveengland You need to go to their website and under contact you have the option to update your address.
So, i no need waiting long time again?

fatalist
Newly Registered

CTD

Post by fatalist » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:44 am

Called UKBA today. Spoke to a nice lady - surprisingly :)
I applied in Sep '12 for CTD. She told me that they are currently dealing with the applications submitted in Aug'12. It looks like the waiting is nearly over - at least I really hope so :)

Cheers

Michael.U
Newly Registered

Post by Michael.U » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 am

So i sent a complaint via fax and also by Email on Friday the 19th of July 2013. I got a reply by email yesterday that my CTD has been dispatched on the 23rd also called to confirm today and they said it was dispatched yesterday (25th) and gave me the tracking number. So I assume they worked on it as soon as i sent the complaint. I have been waiting since December 3rd 2012.
So a tip for you guys, if you have been waiting for more than 6 months, don't bother calling. Just send a complaint with all your details by fax and also by Email to their complaint email address. They take complaint seriously from what i gathered.
I wish you all goodluck