ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pls help--visitor visa for mentally challenged sister

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abhishek2828
Newly Registered

pls help--visitor visa for mentally challenged sister

Post by Abhishek2828 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:56 am

Pls help-----

I am a PR of canada and am married. I have been in canada as PR for six years and have well paying job (~ 100K per year)

My father is retired and I want to invite my parents to visit us in canada. I have only one elder sister and want her to apply for visitor visa along with my parents. The concern is she is mentally challenged (has down syndrome) and hence financially dependent on my parents and unmarried and her age is 32. She has had no education but can do her things on her own. She has diabetes and no other medical issues.

I am not sure if it is good idea to apply for her visitor visa as well since I heard/read that visa officer can reject my parents application too based on her medical inadmissibility !! Can any of you pls share your opinion/experience ?

I will be taking medical insurance for all of them. My father can show good ties to India in terms of property, bank balance etc and they have no foreign travel history.

Pls reply (parents will be applying from india), thanks.

Abhishek

* Is there any other option for her to visit canada? immigration?

jrge

Re: pls help--visitor visa for mentally challenged sister

Post by jrge » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:16 am

Hi,
Abhishek2828 wrote:Pls help-----

I am a PR of canada and am married. I have been in canada as PR for six years and have well paying job (~ 100K per year)

My father is retired and I want to invite my parents to visit us in canada. I have only one elder sister and want her to apply for visitor visa along with my parents. The concern is she is mentally challenged (has down syndrome) and hence financially dependent on my parents and unmarried and her age is 32. She has had no education but can do her things on her own. She has diabetes and no other medical issues.

I am not sure if it is good idea to apply for her visitor visa as well since I heard/read that visa officer can reject my parents application too based on her medical inadmissibility !! Can any of you pls share your opinion/experience ?

I will be taking medical insurance for all of them. My father can show good ties to India in terms of property, bank balance etc and they have no foreign travel history.

Pls reply (parents will be applying from india), thanks.

Abhishek

* Is there any other option for her to visit canada? immigration?
Your parents can easily apply for the Super Visa http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp.

As for your sister, I would advise to contact an Attorney for better legal help.
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 am

Easy for your parents, and for you sister, write a covering letter explaining her condition and attach doctor's certificate and request to process her application along with your parents. Shouldn't be a problem, they are very helpful.

You can even apply for your parents PR if you have good salary, even for your sisters saying that she will be dependant on you as your parents are now old and cannot take care of her. Read thru their website, lots of details there.

lovely786
Newly Registered

Re: pls help--visitor visa for mentally challenged sister

Post by lovely786 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:35 am

Hi abhishek Ji we have read your post regarding your sister, please reply with your email id and contact no. On our email id email address as we are also facing the same problem regarding my son visa. Thanks and regards please reply reply reply

Moderator edit - personal contact information removed
Last edited by CR001 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of personal contact information