ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Welcome to hell :D
john100v wrote:applied on 04/04/2013
bio done on 09/05/2013

waiting....

it is really worrying here people are waiting even after 6 months...

It is like an in-country arrest. I don't know whether this kind of law exists in any other country. Honestly I feel so depressed.
:)

amohammedzia
Newly Registered

HI GURU'S THROUGH SOME LIGHT PLZ

Post by amohammedzia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Does Pass in " Life in the UK test " meets English Language
Requirement for FLR(M)

Life in the UK test ( A Journey to British Citizenship ) book
states that a Pass in test meets English language requirement of
Level 3. Can a Pass certificate be used for FLR(M) application
where the requirement is Level 1 only.

i already applied Flr m using life in UK test as English language requirement, can you please advice me do i need to send English language requirement are wait for decision
Thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully,

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Post by r4rashed » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:05 pm

rajiv.80 wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:Guys i need to how you have spent your 6 month+ until u get ur ILR or still waiting .. I mean i couldn't go back to my country for almost 5 years now and my mum is really sick .. . I don't really have any friends or family in uk and always lonely . it has been 4 months now still waiting for my ILR . i am getting really home sick and depressed now a days .

How did you guys cope with this kind of situation ?
. Hi jony_dhaka, in one of your previous post you critisized us with wife and kids even grand kids that we stay here as so called student and got so many kids and you are feeling luckey that you are not marrid and have no kids. I haven't been back home last 9 years but still don't feel lonely because i have my wife and my two kids with me, i know we suffer a lot but still never feel lonely mate. Pls don't underestimate anybody because you never know what people have and you might not have. No hard feelings. Goodluck.
Very well said. I felt his criticism as well when he commented. Shouldn't judge other people as a group not knowing their individual circumstances.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Honestly ,I did not mean no criticism .I SAID IT WAS ONLY A JOKE .Everyone here is in fuc@ed up situation and depressed like me and i know that .So stop moaning about it like a little girl now and Get over with it .I am sorry if i hurt anyone.
r4rashed wrote:
rajiv.80 wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:Guys i need to how you have spent your 6 month+ until u get ur ILR or still waiting .. I mean i couldn't go back to my country for almost 5 years now and my mum is really sick .. . I don't really have any friends or family in uk and always lonely . it has been 4 months now still waiting for my ILR . i am getting really home sick and depressed now a days .

. Hi jony_dhaka, in one of your previous post you critisized us with wife and kids even grand kids that we stay here as so called student and got so many kids and you are feeling luckey that you are not marrid and have no kids. I haven't been back home last 9 years but still don't feel lonely because i have my wife and my two kids with me, i know we suffer a lot but still never feel lonely mate. Pls don't underestimate anybody because you never know what people have and you might not have. No hard feelings. Goodluck.
Very well said. I felt his criticism as well when he commented. Shouldn't judge other people as a group not knowing their individual circumstances.

smshad

Re: HI GURU'S THROUGH SOME LIGHT PLZ

Post by smshad » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi,
English language requirement is must if someone is applying on FLR (M). You have to pass English language test or claim exemption through academic qualification taught in English otherwise application will be rejected.

Some people may advise you that Life in the UK test fulfil the requirement of English language but it does not on form FLR (M). One of my friend's wife FLR(M) rejected because they sent LIUK and not the English language test following advise by a well know solicitor and now going through pain of appeal.

Please refer to FLR (M) application form page 29 SECTION 8 - ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT. If you follow FLR (M) Section 8 step by step you will find how English language requirement could be met and you will not find LIUK test there.
If you want to know more details then please refer to FLR(M) guide page 6 and follow this link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

Easiest test is Trinity college you may already know
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=2094

Best of luck,
Shad
amohammedzia wrote:Does Pass in " Life in the UK test " meets English Language
Requirement for FLR(M)

Life in the UK test ( A Journey to British Citizenship ) book
states that a Pass in test meets English language requirement of
Level 3. Can a Pass certificate be used for FLR(M) application
where the requirement is Level 1 only.

i already applied Flr m using life in UK test as English language requirement, can you please advice me do i need to send English language requirement are wait for decision
Thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully,

fiazpk
Newly Registered

GAP during 10 years long residencey

Post by fiazpk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:54 pm

It is soon going to be 10 years since I have lived in the United Kingdom, and I wish to find out if I am eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain,
All my visa extensions have been well in advance of their expiry except one,
where my student visa was expiring on 13/07/2005 and I posted my student visa application on 18/07/2005 as especial next day delivery and confirmation of receipt of my application was issued on 28/07/2005 and student visa was issued on 16/08/2005,
It seems there is 14 days gap including weekends between my visa expiry and receipt of visa application was issued at stated on home office letter head,
And application was post after 4 days after visa expired the reason for this was that my college released my documents late on 15/05/2005, dates also stated on my college documents,

In my 10 years stay in UK, I have only once been out of UK for one month exactly,

I would be very grateful, if you could access my situation and confirm if I am eligible for ILR application,
Regards,
Riaz

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi Guys,
I just want to know people who have applied for Long residency 10 year before april 2013 they say they have sent only passport and LIUK certificate and their visa was approved. If I check the SET(LR) form which was published on April 2013 has a lond list of documents in section 4. I jsut want to know was this list there in old version when any one applied before. Can anyone plese reply. Thanks in advance. her is thelist of docs for new form

SET (LR) Application Form (version 04/13) Page 19

Council tax letter(s) or bills for each year of your stay
Gas, electricity and water and other domestic bills or statements for each year of your stay
National Insurance contribution records for each year of your stay or P60 forms
HM Revenue and Custom/Inland Revenue letter(s) and/or P60 statements of income tax paid
Employer(s) letter(s) confirming the dates during which you have been employed
Department for Work and Pensions letter(s) and letters or other documents from other
government departments or agencies
Full birth certificate(s), ie one which shows the parents names for any of your children born in the UK
Mortgage document(s) showing any property you own in the UK and/or a letter from your landord confirming the period of your tenancy
Any other documents/details which support your application

vaz
Newly Registered

Lost my old passport

Post by vaz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:35 pm

I am on tier 1 general and have been living in uk from past 10 years. My Tier 1 visa is ending on july 2016. As i am eligible for ILR for long residency, i thought of applying, but the problem is I have lost my previous passport which contained all my visas. And even i cant recall the dates I have been out of country. I do meet all the criteria for 10 years legal residency except once my application was sent back with payment problem, and later same week i re-applied and got the visa.

I am not able to find any solution for lost passport and to calculate days i was abroad. Please guide me.

Thank you

jony_dhaka

Re: GAP during 10 years long residencey

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:37 pm

You are eligible for ILR . Your over stay is not more then 28 days .
fiazpk wrote:It is soon going to be 10 years since I have lived in the United Kingdom, and I wish to find out if I am eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain,
All my visa extensions have been well in advance of their expiry except one,
where my student visa was expiring on 13/07/2005 and I posted my student visa application on 18/07/2005 as especial next day delivery and confirmation of receipt of my application was issued on 28/07/2005 and student visa was issued on 16/08/2005,
It seems there is 14 days gap including weekends between my visa expiry and receipt of visa application was issued at stated on home office letter head,
And application was post after 4 days after visa expired the reason for this was that my college released my documents late on 15/05/2005, dates also stated on my college documents,

In my 10 years stay in UK, I have only once been out of UK for one month exactly,

I would be very grateful, if you could access my situation and confirm if I am eligible for ILR application,
Regards,
Riaz
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:55 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:British citizens can bypassing immigration regulations to get their relatives into the UK, using a technicality that means that if they work in another European country for three months, they can be considered under EU rather than British law on their return. THEY DO NOT NEED TO SHOW EARNING 18600 TO BRING THERE WIFE /HUSBAND INTO THE UK . This is call surrinder sing route .
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23029195?pos ... 2675656753#_=_
Not everyone only immediate relatives i think ( partner, brother sister, mom/dad )

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:13 pm

I applied before april ..we actually had more then this .. ur one is more simplified ..

PLEASE READ AGAIN :
Section 4 - Documents SET (LR) Application Form (version 04/13) Page 18
IT said ''All the passports you have held during this time. If you cannot provide them all, you must
provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s)
granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
which you are ((unable to provide a passport.))

If you are able to provide ur passport with all the visa history for last 10 years ..then don't worry about the long list .
raholptl wrote:Hi Guys,

I just want to know people who have applied for Long residency 10 year before april 2013 they say they have sent only passport and LIUK certificate and their visa was approved. If I check the SET(LR) form which was published on April 2013 has a lond list of documents in section 4. I jsut want to know was this list there in old version when any one applied before. Can anyone plese reply. Thanks in advance. her is thelist of docs for new form

SET (LR) Application Form (version 04/13) Page 19

Council tax letter(s) or bills for each year of your stay
Gas, electricity and water and other domestic bills or statements for each year of your stay
National Insurance contribution records for each year of your stay or P60 forms
HM Revenue and Custom/Inland Revenue letter(s) and/or P60 statements of income tax paid
Employer(s) letter(s) confirming the dates during which you have been employed
Department for Work and Pensions letter(s) and letters or other documents from other
government departments or agencies
Full birth certificate(s), ie one which shows the parents names for any of your children born in the UK
Mortgage document(s) showing any property you own in the UK and/or a letter from your landord confirming the period of your tenancy
Any other documents/details which support your application

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Yes only immediate relatives.
askmeplz82 wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:British citizens can bypassing immigration regulations to get their relatives into the UK, using a technicality that means that if they work in another European country for three months, they can be considered under EU rather than British law on their return. THEY DO NOT NEED TO SHOW EARNING 18600 TO BRING THERE WIFE /HUSBAND INTO THE UK . This is call surrinder sing route .
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23029195?pos ... 2675656753#_=_
Not everyone only immediate relatives i think ( partner, brother sister, mom/dad )

jony_dhaka

Re: Lost my old passport

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Man i feel really sorry for your loss . .I think you should speak to a lawyer .Your case is complicated .i think you also have to provide a latter to home office saying the reason why you cant provide ur passport including any travel documents if u have .You might consider providing ur attendance in ur college or payslip that you was not absence in uk for more then 6 month at once and 450 days in last 10 years . Take look at (SET (LR) Application Form (version 04/13) Page 18 and 19)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... formlr.pdf
vaz wrote:I am on tier 1 general and have been living in uk from past 10 years. My Tier 1 visa is ending on july 2016. As i am eligible for ILR for long residency, i thought of applying, but the problem is I have lost my previous passport which contained all my visas. And even i cant recall the dates I have been out of country. I do meet all the criteria for 10 years legal residency except once my application was sent back with payment problem, and later same week i re-applied and got the visa.

I am not able to find any solution for lost passport and to calculate days i was abroad. Please guide me.

Thank you

amohammedzia
Newly Registered

Post by amohammedzia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Thank you shad

vaz
Newly Registered

which form to use

Post by vaz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 pm

For 10 years long residency.. which form whould be used? SET (O) or SET (LR)?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: which form to use

Post by huqqapani » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:58 am

vaz wrote:For 10 years long residency.. which form whould be used? SET (O) or SET (LR)?
SET (LR)

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Lost my old passport

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:57 am

vaz wrote:I am on tier 1 general and have been living in uk from past 10 years. My Tier 1 visa is ending on july 2016. As i am eligible for ILR for long residency, i thought of applying, but the problem is I have lost my previous passport which contained all my visas. And even i cant recall the dates I have been out of country. I do meet all the criteria for 10 years legal residency except once my application was sent back with payment problem, and later same week i re-applied and got the visa.

Thank you
You can make a request using SAR Form against a payment of £10 which should have all your records in place. I shall warn you that this SAR can take anything between 40 days to few months. So, the sooner the better.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 am

Dear admin/moderators

this thread is no longer serving its purpose. Can a new sticky thread/post be started for '2013 Long residence application timelines' so that people applying for ILR can get an idea of timescales involved not repeated questions about the documents required etc.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:26 am

Totally agree.

This topic became useless for Timelines. Previously, these timeline topics were moderated and off-topic comments were not allowed.

No offense, but you guys have the whole forum for your discussions, instead you write all this crap to this topic.

Where is the moderator?
Disclaimer: I am not immigration solicitor. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:48 pm

I concur. People are just posting irrelevant questions, that should be for a separate forum, and this forum should be only for those who are applying ILR.

Where is the admin!
huqqapani wrote:Dear admin/moderators

this thread is no longer serving its purpose. Can a new sticky thread/post be started for '2013 Long residence application timelines' so that people applying for ILR can get an idea of timescales involved not repeated questions about the documents required etc.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:28 pm

it is totally serving its purpose...if you want to check the time line...all you need to do is go to the skydrive..

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=75f30851 ... 5&authkey=

Please see this link for the timelines.. also please update them as required

please don't open up a new thread because you can't find where to look for... and yes these queries about documents are very important and many people's sole purpose to come to this forum is to enquire about them
Last edited by saanju9 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent advise needed. Passport validity six months rule

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:33 pm

smshad wrote:Hi everyone,

I have booked in person appointment for my wife’s ILR at Croydon office on 9th August 2013 and I have already paid £100.00 booking fee. She was granted FLR (M) in June 2013.

I have just realised that my wife’s passport will expire on 15 December, 2013 so we have less than six months validity for her passport. I know that if we apply for visa outside the UK then they require at least six months validity. I could not find any guidance for passport validity rule for applying inside the UK.

Does the six months validity of passport rule applies for the visa applications made within UK? Anyone with similar experience or knowledge, please advise.
Thanks.
Shad.
I don't think its a problem... but however check with your embassy how long it will take to issue a new passport.. if they can issue a new one by the 9th august thats good

2... I have previously applied when the passport is nearing expiry and they sent my visa without any issues

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

saanju9 wrote:it is totally serving its purpose...if you want to check the time line...all you need to do is go to the skydrive..

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=75f30851 ... 5&authkey=

Please see this link for the timelines.. also please update them as required

please don't open up a new thread because you can't find where to look for... and yes these queries about documents are very important and many people's sole purpose to come to this forum is to enquire about them
saanju

if this thread is to discuss ILRissues then the title 'timelines' is misleading. Also a question about Skydrive, how often is it updated and who does it.

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Don't worry,you will be alright,God is there for you,we will pray for you

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi all,

Getting desperate now. Just phoned the home office again and my application has been looked at but is in the queue for a decision. The lady said they are currently replying to October applicants, this is what they have been telling people who called for the last 2 months!!!! Ridiculous! :cry: :cry: