ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Signature on passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

filish11

Signature on passport application

Post by filish11 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi everyone

I plan to submit my passport application tom. I'm not sure if I made a mistake or is it a silly question. I signed my application for Part 8 which is the declaration part. However, my signature are not fully within the box. It slightly went outside the white box.

Do I have to complete an application again and asked for the sign of the gardai again or do you think it is fine to submit it considering my whole signature is not within the box. I'm just too worried that it wouldn't be engraved properly on my passport.

Please advice. I really want to submit it by tomorrow as I have everything ready. Thank you so much again for all your help.

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 am

IPS are very strict regarding filling passport form. It clearly say that all letter and signature should be within box. So I would suggest to fill the application form again as they will not except your form.
Than you.hope it help.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:37 am

raheelmulla wrote:IPS are very strict regarding filling passport form. It clearly say that all letter and signature should be within box. So I would suggest to fill the application form again as they will not except your form.
Than you.hope it help.
The OP is asking about Irish passports; nothing to with IPS (UK). But it's good advice.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 pm

The OP should also note that the Signature must only be signed in the presence of a Witness; Gardai, Solictor etc.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.