ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiver of 12 Months Free From Immigration Controls

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londontrivia
Newly Registered

Waiver of 12 Months Free From Immigration Controls

Post by londontrivia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:05 pm

If anyone has any experience in seeking a waiver of the requirement to be free of immigration restrictions in the last 12 months before making a naturalisation application can you please let me know? I have been resident 5.5 years and have ILR, but have not yet met the full 12 month requirement. I would like to apply for a job in Crown Service, but I cannot apply unless I am a British citizen. I would rather not have any further delays. My mother is also British (but by descent), so I do not qualify for registration. Any advice or experiences would be helpful. Thanks!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:25 pm

How long did your ILR application take and when was the ILR application made?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

londontrivia
Newly Registered

Post by londontrivia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:32 pm

D4109125 wrote:How long did your ILR application take and when was the ILR application made?
I applied for ILR in November 2012, and it was granted approximately one month ago. The process took about seven months. Normally I would be content to wait for the normal period and apply for naturalisation then (i.e. in about eleven months), but that will delay me in applying for the role that requires British citizenship.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 pm

You could possibly apply in Feburary 2014 as your ILR application was arguably protracted. This is subject to discretion.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:59 pm

D4109125 wrote:You could possibly apply in Feburary 2014 as your ILR application was arguably protracted. This is subject to discretion.
What about my case I applied ILR through set protection route in august 2012 and received ILR in 21st Feb 2013 then applied for travel document but apart from acknowledgement letter nothing heard any thing till now I don`t know what can I do please if anyone has some experience then share us any advise will be appreciated thank you.
babe khyber

inzi2k

Hi Guru, please reply

Post by inzi2k » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:19 pm

I applied ILR on 02 August 2012 and ILR received on 10 April 2013.

So do I need to wait for 1 full year and apply Naturalization on 10 April 2014

OR

Can I apply 02 Oct 2013 (15 months from the day I applied ILR) ?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Hi Guru, please reply

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:00 am

inzi2k wrote:I applied ILR on 02 August 2012 and ILR received on 10 April 2013.

So do I need to wait for 1 full year and apply Naturalization on 10 April 2014

OR

Can I apply 02 Oct 2013 (15 months from the day I applied ILR) ?

Thanks
So long as the ILR delay was not your fault you should be ok applying after 02 November 2013. So long as you meet the other standard requirements. Assuming you're not the spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen.