ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amohammedzia
Newly Registered

Post by amohammedzia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:50 am

Does Pass in " Life in the UK test " meets English Language
Requirement for FLR(M)

Life in the UK test ( A Journey to British Citizenship ) book
states that a Pass in test meets English language requirement of
Level 3. Can a Pass certificate be used for FLR(M) application
where the requirement is Level 1 only.

i already applied Flr m using life in UK test as English language requirement, can you please advice me do i need to send English language requirement are wait for decision
Thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully,

inzi2k

Requirements for FLR M

Post by inzi2k » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi All,

I received my ILR on long residence (10 years) in April 2013, I was on work permit before. My wife came to UK first time on work permit dependent visa in Feb 2012, she is still on same visa that will expire on Oct 2013.

I think she needs to apply on FLR-M but I want to know the criteria as she was in UK on dependent visa before 09 July 2013 so previous rules will apply?

Do I need to show earning of £18,600/year or maintenance funds (how much) ?

Please guide

Udud
Newly Registered

Re: Requirements for FLR M

Post by Udud » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:37 am

[quote="inzi2k"]Hi All,

I received my ILR on long residence (10 years) in April 2013, I was on work permit before. My wife came to UK first time on work permit dependent visa in Feb 2012, she is still on same visa that will expire on Oct 2013.

I think she needs to apply on FLR-M but I want to know the criteria as she was in UK on dependent visa before 09 July 2013 so previous rules will apply?

Do I need to show earning of £18,600/year or maintenance funds (how much) ?

Please guide[/quote]
Dear inzi
As far as I know it does not matter when did your wife came
to the U.K. The rules for FLRM application changed this July 2013
and because you will be making an application after those change of
rules, you will be considered under new rules and regulations. You cannot
apply under old rules once the rules have changed until and unless your
application had been going on before the change of rules took place.
You asked about the income as well. I guess you are not aware of the new ruling by UK high court AGAINST the UKBA for setting £18,600 as the minimum income criteria for applying under FLRM category. Because of this ruling by the high court against UKBA, UKBA has currently paused the processing of all the FLRM applications where the income clause alone can decide the outcome of the application.
I don't know if your income satisfy the current required condition or not, but if it does not, you will have to wait a long time after applying your FLRM application, as it will be put on hold until and unless UKBA decides something to respect the decision of the high court.
Here is the link for the same
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -threshold
The court has said that an income of £13,200 should be more than enough to apply for FLRM application.
Hope this information helps.
Best if luck

Udud
Newly Registered

Post by Udud » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:41 am

Apologies for my written English mistakes, I am half asleep and am trying to reply to your post :roll:

inzi2k

Post by inzi2k » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks udud, I am aware of this high court story.

I do meet the £18,600 criteria but the only worry is that my bank account was 0 in April (because i transferred the money in saving account),

would that make any impact on the decision of my wife's application?

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:06 am

inzi2k wrote:Thanks udud, I am aware of this high court story.

I do meet the £18,600 criteria but the only worry is that my bank account was 0 in April (because i transferred the money in saving account),

Slight mistake in your question itself... its 9th July 2012 not 2013

Because your wife has been granted leave as a Tier 1 dependent (you said work permit dependent - and I think you meant Tier 1 dependent - please confirm if it is otherwise and a different rule might apply) before 9th July 2012... you do not need to show the financial threshold ... however, you still need to show that you can support her (or she can support herself) without any recourse to public funds.... and also in your cover letter clearly mention the rule that you fell under old rules and you do not need to show the financial threshold ... also mention the same in the extra page they will give you to put down anything else to support your application and u want to tell the caseworker... (there will be a page in the FLR(M) application - will let you know the page number if you wanted to)

2. she can apply for her ILR in Feb 2014...however, give us some accurate details before I can confirm this

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm

habsimak wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
habsimak wrote:Can you advise me if i can apply flr(m) without the financial requirement and then how soon can i apply for settlement for my wife as she will be more than 2 years already in UK (psw dependent and tier 1 general dependent)
Yes you can. Since she's already completed her residential qualifying period, she can apply for settlement as soon as she's issued with her FLR(M).
Dear Damanisshallo, we had this communication in the past but I saw on the forum that there are some new rules coming on 6 April 2013. Under which a dependent's time which is spent on a non settlement route will not be counted towards her ILR. I am confused can you please advise me as to what you think is right.

regards
Habsimak
Dear Damanisshallo, I have recently got my wife's flr(M) which i applied on 03rd April 2013 as advised by you to avoid the new rules.

Now my question is can i apply for set(M) for my wife straight away? Her immigration history is as follows:
PSW dependent visa in Nov 2010,
First time travel in Feb 2011
Switched to Tier 1 general dependent March 2012
Switched to Flr(M) 18 July 2013 (applied on 03rd April 2013)

I called home office general enquiries and they said that the period of psw dependent will not be counted towards settlement and she has to wait till March 2014 to apply.

Can you please guide me in this regard.

inzi2k

Post by inzi2k » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:08 pm

[quote="saanju9"][quote="inzi2k"]Thanks udud, I am aware of this high court story.

.[/quote]

Slight mistake in your question itself... its 9th July [b]2012[/b] not 2013

Because your wife has been granted leave as a Tier 1 dependent (you said work permit dependent - and I think you meant Tier 1 dependent - please confirm if it is otherwise and a different rule might apply) before 9th July 2012... you [b]do not need to show[/b] the financial threshold ... however, you still need to show that you can support her (or she can support herself) without any recourse to public funds.... and also in your cover letter clearly mention the rule that you fell under old rules and you do not need to show the financial threshold ... also mention the same in the extra page they will give you to put down anything else to support your application and u want to tell the caseworker... (there will be a page in the FLR(M) application - will let you know the page number if you wanted to)

2. she can apply for her ILR in Feb 2014...however, give us some accurate details before I can confirm this[/quote]

Hi Saanju
She came to UK in Feb 2012 as a dependent to work permit. I received this work permit before the tier (1, 2) announcement. when I received WP there was no tier 1 or 2 but there was HSMP. My employer sponsored my Visa.

Please let me know the page number you mentioned as well

Thanks

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 am

inzi2k wrote: Hi Saanju
She came to UK in Feb 2012 as a dependent to work permit. I received this work permit before the tier (1, 2) announcement. when I received WP there was no tier 1 or 2 but there was HSMP. My employer sponsored my Visa.

Please let me know the page number you mentioned as well

Thanks
1. Do not fill section 7A in the FLR(M) application. go to 7B directly..
2. the page is Page 30
3. I suppose the WP holders are treated in the same way as Tier 1 and HSMP - but read the rules thoroughly APPENDIX FM and 287... I will have to go through them again and if I find it otherwise I will let you know

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 am

habsimak wrote:
habsimak wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
habsimak wrote:Can you advise me if i can apply flr(m) without the financial requirement and then how soon can i apply for settlement for my wife as she will be more than 2 years already in UK (psw dependent and tier 1 general dependent)
Yes you can. Since she's already completed her residential qualifying period, she can apply for settlement as soon as she's issued with her FLR(M).
Dear Damanisshallo, we had this communication in the past but I saw on the forum that there are some new rules coming on 6 April 2013. Under which a dependent's time which is spent on a non settlement route will not be counted towards her ILR. I am confused can you please advise me as to what you think is right.

regards
Habsimak
Dear Damanisshallo, I have recently got my wife's flr(M) which i applied on 03rd April 2013 as advised by you to avoid the new rules.

Now my question is can i apply for set(M) for my wife straight away? Her immigration history is as follows:
PSW dependent visa in Nov 2010,
First time travel in Feb 2011
Switched to Tier 1 general dependent March 2012
Switched to Flr(M) 18 July 2013 (applied on 03rd April 2013)

I called home office general enquiries and they said that the period of psw dependent will not be counted towards settlement and she has to wait till March 2014 to apply.

Can you please guide me in this regard.
They are correct

the period spent on PSW dependent visa will not count towards the ILR... so unfortunately you have to wait till March 2014.

So at this time you will have to have 1. LIUK, 2. B1 level of english language test... If your spouse has done the A1 level already for FLR(M)... that might NOT serve the purpose for his / her SET(M)... but we will have to wait and see when the rules come up end of Oct.

But if He/she has proved their English ability in a different means then they should be all clear apart from LIUK

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:32 am

saanju9 wrote:
They are correct

the period spent on PSW dependent visa will not count towards the ILR... so unfortunately you have to wait till March 2014.

So at this time you will have to have 1. LIUK, 2. B1 level of english language test... If your spouse has done the A1 level already for FLR(M)... that might NOT serve the purpose for his / her SET(M)... but we will have to wait and see when the rules come up end of Oct.

But if He/she has proved their English ability in a different means then they should be all clear apart from LIUK
Thank you sanju9 It's a shame though I have to wait for more time, I only hope there won't be any more surprises.

Kallmay

Flrm

Post by Kallmay » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:54 am

Hello please help, my husband got his FLRM can he applied now for SET M? He was a tier 4 dependant since 2009. Thank you.

shaik719

Flr M query

Post by shaik719 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Dear damanishallo/sanju
I've some questions about Flr M application please help
I've recieved my 10yrs route Ilr recently on 19th July dated. My question is how long I have time to change my dependent to Flr M. My wife visa expires in feb 2015. We have no plans to travel until this all finishes. The problem is English test requirements. I didn't know about this requirement earlier by the time we know and applied through local college which they said will take 4 to 6 weeks to get her certificate I've recieved my ilr which I wasn't expecting that early. So can we do Flr m any time period as long as we don't travel or there is any time requirements please advice
Regards
Shaik

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Please any one tell me if Flr m has to be a postal application or you can apply at PEO if applicant got ilr on 10yrs long stay basis please

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Flrm

Post by saanju9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:10 am

Kallmay wrote:Hello please help, my husband got his FLRM can he applied now for SET M? He was a tier 4 dependant since 2009. Thank you.
don't you think we need more details than these simple two lines from you...

and to be honest the answer you will be coming across is No.. so be prepared... he might have to wait 2 years from the date of FLR(M)... but please put in few more details

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Flr M query

Post by saanju9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:20 am

shaik719 wrote:Dear damanishallo/sanju
I've recieved my 10yrs route Ilr recently on 19th July dated. My question is how long I have time to change my dependent to Flr M. My wife visa expires in feb 2015. We have no plans to travel until this all finishes. The problem is English test requirements. I didn't know about this requirement earlier by the time we know and applied through local college which they said will take 4 to 6 weeks to get her certificate I've recieved my ilr which I wasn't expecting that early. So can we do Flr m any time period as long as we don't travel or there is any time requirements please advice
Regards
Shaik
answering your other question first - yes you can apply at PEO

1. there is no set time frame rule that this forum could found in the past which says you have to apply for FLR(M). It only says that you have to apply as soon as possible.. but thats it

2. as long as you don't travel that should be fine (I can't tell what happens if there is a home office ride and what they will say - probably just say I am about to apply and that should be fine)

3. English level... tell us a bit more about Mrs... if she has a taught degree in English...or if she is from a country of english speaking as their first language .. she is exempted...

4. the easiest is trinity college A1 level certification .,.. which is a piece of cake and any idiot who has a basic knowledge of English will pass... there are few videos on their website and that should give you idea whats the test is going to be about

5. Don't leave it too long because 28th Oct 2013 they will have to have a B1 level

6. Before all this ... what visa was she before ... how long (eg. tier 1 dependent, or tier 2 dependent for 2year or 3 years)... give us these details a different scenario might apply

regards

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:32 am

saanju9 wrote:
shaik719 wrote:Dear damanishallo/sanju
Regards
Shaik
answering your other question first - yes you can apply at PEO

1. there is no set time frame rule that this forum could found in the past which says you have to apply for FLR(M). It only says that you have to apply as soon as possible.. but thats it

2. as long as you don't travel that should be fine (I can't tell what happens if there is a home office ride and what they will say - probably just say I am about to apply and that should be fine)

3. English level... tell us a bit more about Mrs... if she has a taught degree in English...or if she is from a country of english speaking as their first language .. she is exempted...

4. the easiest is trinity college A1 level certification .,.. which is a piece of cake and any idiot who has a basic knowledge of English will pass... there are few videos on their website and that should give you idea whats the test is going to be about

5. Don't leave it too long because 28th Oct 2013 they will have to have a B1 level

6. Before all this ... what visa was she before ... how long (eg. tier 1 dependent, or tier 2 dependent for 2year or 3 years)... give us these details a different scenario might apply

regards
Hi sanju thanks for reply
Yes she has already done her test didn't realize the ilr will be that quick so the college said it will take 4 to 6 weeks to recieve the certificate she done it on 24th July and expecting the certificate late this month. Yes she is eligible for ilr as she already spent 3 yrs on T1 dependent. She has done her degree in our regional language(Telugu medium) in India so doesn't help. And about my kid for Mn1 do I need to send my passport and brp with the form? Please reply and thanks for your time my friend

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:18 am

shaik719 wrote: Hi sanju thanks for reply
Yes she has already done her test didn't realize the ilr will be that quick so the college said it will take 4 to 6 weeks to recieve the certificate she done it on 24th July and expecting the certificate late this month. Yes she is eligible for ilr as she already spent 3 yrs on T1 dependent. She has done her degree in our regional language(Telugu medium) in India so doesn't help. And about my kid for Mn1 do I need to send my passport and brp with the form? Please reply and thanks for your time my friend
sorry mate I wouldn't have any clue regarding MN1 as I still have 4 months time to worry about it

anyways... do your FLR(M) and then do your ILR. Do your ILR before 28th Oct...

what certificate did she do... A1 or B1... does she have a LIUK... if she didn't... get it done as soon as possible... I know its going to be bit difficult with the telugu medium background... personally experience(of the same medium)... but give her a push

Here are two interesting stories.. but they are bit lucky... and secondly they got all the documents in place... saying they are lucky.. they asked for it so they got it...

read them and you can plan accordingly ...

story 1

story 2

good luck...

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:36 pm

saanju9 wrote:
sorry mate I wouldn't have any clue regarding MN1 as I still have 4 months time to worry about it

what certificate did she do... A1 or B1... does she have a LIUK... if she didn't... get it done as soon as possible... I know its going to be bit difficult with the telugu medium background... personally experience(of the same medium)... but give her a push

Here are two interesting stories.. but they are bit lucky... and secondly they got all the documents in place... saying they are lucky.. they asked for it so they got it...

story 1

story 2

good luck...
She has done A1 level from local college in reading. She had done her Liuk test in march with me. I was in impression that Liuk serves the English requirement as it clearly says on the Liuk pass certificate but I was aware by smshad that she do need English requirement in this forum. Any how will try the way this lucky guys done see how it works for me ill update you. The links you guys provide is very useful for the people like me and other members on the forum thanks you guys(u & Damanishallo) doing great job even most of the OISC don't know thanks for the reply and links provided mate may god bless u and ur family

Kallmay

Flrm

Post by Kallmay » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:17 am

Saanju9 thank you so much for the reply. Here is my details, I was approved of ILR 10 yrs long residency on May 2013. I am a student for 10 years. My husband has been approved FLRM on July 2013. My husband's visa before FLRM was Tier 4 dependent since 2009. Tier 4 dependent 2009-2010 and then Tier 4 dependent 2010-2012. Does my husband needs to wait for two years before he can apply for SET M? Thank you.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Flrm

Post by saanju9 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Kallmay wrote:Saanju9 thank you so much for the reply. Here is my details, I was approved of ILR 10 yrs long residency on May 2013. I am a student for 10 years. My husband has been approved FLRM on July 2013. My husband's visa before FLRM was Tier 4 dependent since 2009. Tier 4 dependent 2009-2010 and then Tier 4 dependent 2010-2012. Does my husband needs to wait for two years before he can apply for SET M? Thank you.

unfortunately Yes .. he has to wait 2 years...

Tier 4 visa is not a route to settlement and therefore the dependents of tier 4 cannot amalgamate their period towards the probationary period...

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:10 pm

shaik719 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:

story 1

story 2

good luck...
She has done A1 level from local college in reading. She had done her Liuk test in march with me. I was in impression that Liuk serves the English requirement as it clearly says on the Liuk pass certificate but I was aware by smshad that she do need English requirement in this forum. Any how will try the way this lucky guys done see how it works for me ill update you. The links you guys provide is very useful for the people like me and other members on the forum thanks you guys(u & Damanishallo) doing great job even most of the OISC don't know thanks for the reply and links provided mate may god bless u and ur family
Hi sanju please can you list the document needed for FLR(M) and SET(M) or if you have any link where you can forward as I go through ukba site some of them I don't understand. If you come across any discussion about the documents on this forum mate thanks in advance

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:25 am

shaik719 wrote: Hi sanju please can you list the document needed for FLR(M) and SET(M) or if you have any link where you can forward as I go through ukba site some of them I don't understand. If you come across any discussion about the documents on this forum mate thanks in advance
refer to the applications and the guidance
there will be a list of documents in the end.. make sure you read them with high attention to detail

FLR(M)

refer to Page 42 in FLR(M) application Section 12

SET(M)

Section 11 in Set(M) application page 29 and 30

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 pm

saanju9 wrote:
shaik719 wrote: Hi sanju please can you list the document needed for FLR(M) and SET(M) or if you have any link where you can forward as I go through ukba site some of them I don't understand. If you come across any discussion about the documents on this forum mate thanks in advance
there will be a list of documents in the end.. make sure you read them with high attention to detail

FLR(M)

SET(M)

Thanks sanju

shaik719

Post by shaik719 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 pm

saanju9 wrote:

FLR(M)

SET(M)

Thanks sanju