ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel one day after using NCS query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Heisgood

Travel one day after using NCS query

Post by Heisgood » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:51 pm

With two months to conquer Everest I started the ball rolling to book an
appointment with NCS, however I was informed by the NCS that I cannot travel for 5days after submitting the BC application. My understanding is this requirement has been removed ..... ! It's shambolic that most people offering immigration services cannot or choose not to provide accurate information.

So to be double sure can I travel abroad the day after submitting my BC application via NCS ?

Also can I apply on the same date 1yr on from when I received my ILR ? For example 10 Aug - 2012 ILR Granted - 10 Aug - 2013 NCS BC application.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel one day after using NCS query

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Heisgood wrote:With two months to conquer Everest I started the ball rolling to book an
appointment with NCS, however I was informed by the NCS that I cannot travel for 5days after submitting the BC application. My understanding is this requirement has been removed ..... ! It's shambolic that most people offering immigration services cannot or choose not to provide accurate information. NCS are not immigration advisors, they are only acting as agents to check applications and attached documents.

So to be double sure can I travel abroad the day after submitting my BC application via NCS ? Yes

Also can I apply on the same date 1yr on from when I received my ILR ? For example 10 Aug - 2012 ILR Granted - 10 Aug - 2013 NCS BC application. Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Heisgood wrote:With two months to conquer Everest I started the ball rolling to book an
appointment with NCS, however I was informed by the NCS that I cannot travel for 5days after submitting the BC application. My understanding is this requirement has been removed ..... ! It's shambolic that most people offering immigration services cannot or choose not to provide accurate information. NCS are not immigration advisors, they are only acting as agents to check applications and attached documents.

So to be double sure can I travel abroad the day after submitting my BC application via NCS ? Yes

Also can I apply on the same date 1yr on from when I received my ILR ? For example 10 Aug - 2012 ILR Granted - 10 Aug - 2013 NCS BC application. Yes
Brilliant - Thanks for the clarification CR001.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

jack902

Post by jack902 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:40 am

CR001 wrote:

If ILR was granted on 10 August 2012, could you not also apply at NCS on 8 August 2013, so home office/ukba receives your application on 9 August?

This would also be fine, correct?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 am

Yes it is the day UKBA receives the application is what counts immaterial when it is posted or how long it takes in post...

jack902

Post by jack902 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:32 am

sunil.suneel wrote:Yes it is the day UKBA receives the application is what counts immaterial when it is posted or how long it takes in post...
Thanks, but will the 1 year requirement be met if ilr granted on 10 August 2012 and ukba receive application on 9 August 2013?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:08 pm

jack902 wrote:
sunil.suneel wrote:Yes it is the day UKBA receives the application is what counts immaterial when it is posted or how long it takes in post...
Thanks, but will the 1 year requirement be met if ilr granted on 10 August 2012 and ukba receive application on 9 August 2013?
Ideally yes it does meet the requirement, though they are not very strict on this date, rather they are very keen on your presence in the country the day 5 years before your application is received. However if you dont want to take a risk and if no problem in applying a day later, best to apply on 10th August.