ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xyz_abc
BANNED

Travel to Pakistan

Post by xyz_abc » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:42 am

Hi,

I am Pakistani citizen and my kid has got British passport. We have not yet made his Pakistani passport yet so wondering if we must make his Pakistani passport first or get a visa for him before travelling to Pakistan.

Ideally we would like to make his Pakistani passport while in Pakistan (as we would like to travel sooner)?!!!

Will we lose his UK passport if we get him Pakistani one?!!!!
Please suggest.

Thanks.

cricinfo

Re: Travel to Pakistan

Post by cricinfo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 am

xyz_abc wrote:Hi,

I am Pakistani citizen and my kid has got British passport. We have not yet made his Pakistani passport yet so wondering if we must make his Pakistani passport first or get a visa for him before travelling to Pakistan.

Ideally we would like to make his Pakistani passport while in Pakistan (as we would like to travel sooner)?!!!

Will we lose his UK passport if we get him Pakistani one?!!!!
Please suggest.

Thanks.
As you are Pakistani national so your kid will be dual national so he can have both nationalities at same time. You don't need to apply for Pakistani passport for him. You can only get NICOP card (NADRA ID Card) which allows visa free entries. Entry will be denied in Pakistn without NICOP, Pakistani Passport or Visa so you have to make sure he has got one of them before travelling.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 am

OR

If you cant get NICOP card, you can always apply for visit visa on his British Passport.

Without either of these Airline will not board them on place from UK.

Regards

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 pm

lynxukauq wrote:OR

If you cant get NICOP card, you can always apply for visit visa on his British Passport.

Regards
Thanks.

But for re-entering in to UK we will be alright with kid's UK passport (for him) and BRPs (and Pakistani passport) for me and wife as we currently have ILRs only.

Many thanks.

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:56 am

xyz_abc wrote:
lynxukauq wrote:OR

Regards
Thanks.

But for re-entering in to UK we will be alright with kid's UK passport (for him) and BRPs (and Pakistani passport) for me and wife as we currently have ILRs only.

Many thanks.
anyone!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:30 am

I'm not sure I understand the question.

The child is British (and Pakistani). The parents are Pakistani with ILR. How else would they enter the UK?

ak36

Travel to Pakistan

Post by ak36 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 am

I think I understand his question to some extent.

Yes you will be alright as you don't need a british visa on a UK passport for re-entry of your kid. Your BRPs are sufficient for you and your other half to re-enter to the UK.

The most important thing for you to sort out is the kid NICOP card or pakistani passport before travelling.