ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding Offence after Nationality Application - Please Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Speeding Offence after Nationality Application - Please Help

Post by wilayatmalik » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi all, I applied for nationality application on 10th May 2013 through NCS and have not received a response yet.

I received a NIP (Notice of Intended Proceeding) on 10th of July for over speeding on 30th June 2013. I am supposed to provide the driver details within 28 days of the letter which will by 7th of August. I have not received any FPN or Points yet and have not responded to NIP yet.

I am wondering if I provide my details and accept the speeding offence, will that effect my nationality application that I sent before the offence happened. On the date of my application, I did not have any convictions or penalty points, or speeding offence.

Please help.

Thanks to all in advance.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:33 pm

See the Good Character FAQ (click)questions 3 and 13.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:50 pm

From that link it sounds like you have to report it, but the caseworker is likely to disregard it; although, it's not guaranteed, but it looks like low risk; however if you don't report it and they find out, you risk prosecution; that's what I understand from reading the info.

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Post by wilayatmalik » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Thanks for prompt response. I couldn't find anything specific for speeding conviction. I just need to know if it will effect my application even if the offence happened after the date of application?

Also, should I inform home office about this?

Thanks,

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:21 pm

A conviction for recklessness i.e. excessive speeding would not normally be disregarded.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Ah I think I got speeding and parking tickets mixed up; so from Amber's comment it sounds like speeding is similar to a non custodial conviction; which means you will get a 3 year ban on citizenship if you declare it, but if you don't declare it you risk prosecution.

I would declare it and apply in 3 years.

PS: I think your main doubt was whether an offence committed after the application submission counts; my understanding, from reading the guide, is that it counts the same as if you had committed it before the submission.

Regards

D