ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved Solihull-No interaction with caseworker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

ILR Approved Solihull-No interaction with caseworker

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi All,

Firstly would like to thank all the members of the forum for their valuable inputs. My application SET O with 1 dependant got approved today in Solihull.( Employed + Self Employed)

The first surprise YOU NO LONGER GET TO SEE THE CASE WORKER (in my case and all the applicants who attended today) Solihull no longer lets applicant interact with the case worker as far as my experience goes. The process got changed from today where your case is registered on the system by an admin person and your docs are collected and submitted to the caseworker.

I left to Solihull overnight as we have a child and stayed at Ramada which is a mere 7 min walk from PEO.

Appointment time: 8.30
Gone through security check: 8.45 where the gentleman at reception checked whether I had paid for the appointment, correct form is being used, and what is the mode of payment today, and asked to wait in the seating area to be called for issue of token number.

Token number issued at around 9 am and within 10 minutes was asked to go to counter no xx where I was greeted by a young lady and a middle aged lady (whom I thought would be case worker).

She had a checklist in the hand. The young lady informed me that starting today there is a change in the way of processing. I think the middle aged lady was a new starter and the young lady was guiding her through the checklist.

She asked me whether I booked the initial appointment at a different PEO and the receipt letter clearly states that the appointment was initially booked at Croydon. She then asked me to double check the payment page and ticked her check list. Went inside with the payment page and told us awaiting confirmation of payment. She then checked passports, BRP, and photographs and scanned the photographs on a small scanner attached to her system.

It took about 45 min to get my case registered (till then I did not realize they both were admin). She handed me a violet paper confirming the payment has gone through.

The surprise bit when she said “can I have all the documents which you want to submit to support your application”. I handed all the documents including photocopies, which I thought would speed up the process.

She then sent us to the waiting area and our token number was called to have biometrics (biometrics done in 10 min and the lady said be seated in the waiting area and someone would ask for you). We realized that there is a screen which was displaying the progress of our case with token numbers.

One of the gentleman from the reception came to us and asked us to come after 1 ½ hour, but did not say anything regarding the outcome of the application.

We returned 11:30am but still the case was under consideration. At 12:15 our token number was called for collection of our documents.

Thanks,
Sonu
Last edited by sonub4ualt on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Sidonfire » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:41 pm

congrats.
can you provide list of docs submitted and did u provide absence letter.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Sidonfire wrote:congrats.
Form Set(O)
2 +2 photos
12 payslips (employment)
Bank statements covering 12 months
HMRC self-employment letter (They did not return this letter))
NI class 2 bill payment at Post Office
Invoices
Invoice explanation letter from Accountant
Profit and Loss Statement
Letter from client for payments made
Abscence letter from Employer (They did not return this letter)
Employment History for 5 years
Original Degree Certificate
Initial HSMP approval letter
Cohab docs for 2 years

Thanks Sonu
Last edited by sonub4ualt on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Congrats mate..... I bet this is great sense of relief.

Ish51

Congrats

Post by Ish51 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:03 pm

I would like to ask you in your employment history for 5 years. Does your income was same from last 5 years?

The reason for above question is I have got my employment history and it varies every year and also shows less salary in last few years as compare to my current Income.

What is the main purpose of Employment history?

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: Congrats

Post by sonub4ualt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 am

Ish51 wrote:I would like to ask you in your employment history for 5 years. Does your income was same from last 5 years?

The reason for above question is I have got my employment history and it varies every year and also shows less salary in last few years as compare to my current Income.

What is the main purpose of Employment history?
The income was fluctuating throughout my five year term as I was with 6 different employers during this time.

The idea behind having an employment history is to check against employers who have paid necessary taxes on behalf of you to HMRC. If you are going for PEO, you can keep it as a back up that you have been employed throughout this time and you are not at fault, if for some reason your employer did not tell HMRC about your employment.

everfor

Post by everfor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:01 am

sonub4ualt wrote:
Form Set(O)
2 +2 photos
12 payslips (employment)
Invoices
Cohab docs for 2 years

Thanks Sonu
Congrats Mate. I am in same boat as you with limited company. Can you please advise how did you get this HMRC self-employment letter ?? is it self assessment letter?

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:28 pm

everfor wrote:
sonub4ualt wrote:
Form Set(O)
2 +2 photos
12 payslips (employment)
Invoices
Cohab docs for 2 years

Thanks Sonu
Congrats Mate. I am in same boat as you with limited company. Can you please advise how did you get this HMRC self-employment letter ?? is it self assessment letter?
Not a specific document mate, but a welcome letter when you register for newly self-employed quoting your UTR number.

Ish51

Post by Ish51 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 pm

"self-employed quoting your UTR number" is this must for Ltd company director.

In my case I don't have UTR number and I only take PAYEE salary