ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:05 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:
tinku wrote:I have contacted my local council and they have advised me that there has been delays in processing applications recently by HO and hence we should expect some delays for final approvals.
Which council do you belong to ??? And what was the reason the quoted for the delay ?

Council is Ealing. There seems to be some technical issue in UKBA, Liverpool, but did not gather what the actual issue was. Hope this information is useful

facts

Post by facts » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 pm

I don't think it's council related problem, is the HO issue as Victoria posted in Match timeline thread:
Victoriajam wrote:
facts wrote:
Victoriajam wrote:That's what they told us via email last week. That they have some sort of issue that prevents them to despatch documents. Letters might be a different thing but they aren't sending any visas out. Any idea on how long this will take to resolve? We need our documents back urgently.
I hope they haven't lost documents/files while moving offices etc. What exactly did they say?
"We are having issues with one of our processes at the minute and are currently unable to despatch your visa." Vague as always...

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:16 am

anyone else heard anything from UKBA for those who applied in July, are we establishing there is IT problems?

adilshahzaman
Newly Registered

Post by adilshahzaman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:07 am

njoy1987 wrote:anyone else heard anything from UKBA for those who applied in July, are we establishing there is IT problems?
Most of the cases from June are still pending... I applied in July but have no hope of decision anytime soon...

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:42 am

My wife applied through NCS today and the lady in NCS said they haven't received any certificate in the last 2 - 3 weeks which is unusual. She didn't know the reason though!!!

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:48 pm

I've looked at approvals back in 2012 same period and noted that starting from July, approvals took about 1-2 months. May be down to staffing levels in UKBA offices who knows!

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:51 pm

cricinfo wrote:My wife applied through NCS today and the lady in NCS said they haven't received any certificate in the last 2 - 3 weeks which is unusual. She didn't know the reason though!!!
Thats interesting... strange that even the councils dont know the reason...
Last edited by sunil.suneel on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:18 pm

tinku wrote:I've looked at approvals back in 2012 same period and noted that starting from July, approvals took about 1-2 months. May be down to staffing levels in UKBA offices who knows!
This sudden slowness could be because HO caseworkers might have taken annual leave, remember its summer holidays in schools and parents tend to take holidays when children are off from school.

ARVI
Newly Registered

Post by ARVI » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:33 pm

No worry guys , do not forget that we have our work permit / HSMP or all other categories applications had been approved in July month 5 -6 years earlier , At that time there was summer vacations and may be HO employees went to holidays too. So stay calm, think positive.
All will get sorted in next 2-3 weeks.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:02 pm

ARVI wrote:No worry guys , do not forget that we have our work permit / HSMP or all other categories applications had been approved in July month 5 -6 years earlier , At that time there was summer vacations and may be HO employees went to holidays too. So stay calm, think positive.
All will get sorted in next 2-3 weeks.
thanks for the input I think you are right
I think staff are off for half term / summer / eid

Derivaz

HO Technical Issue

Post by Derivaz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi Guys

I've contacted the HO and they've told me that they reason why no naturalisation certificate has been issued lately is because they have a technical issue preventing them from entering decisions onto the system.

They also said that they expect it to be resolved within the next 2 weeks and that no data or application has been lost and if it's been received, it will be dealt with.

So it seems like they are working on the applications, but just can't enter the decisions, so we could see a lot of decision letters being sent out at some point in August, when this issue gets sorted.

Hope this helps clarify the matter

Regards

D.

tinku
Newly Registered

Re: HO Technical Issue

Post by tinku » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Derivaz wrote:Hi Guys

I've contacted the HO and they've told me that they reason why no naturalisation certificate has been issued lately is because they have a technical issue preventing them from entering decisions onto the system.

They also said that they expect it to be resolved within the next 2 weeks and that no data or application has been lost and if it's been received, it will be dealt with.

So it seems like they are working on the applications, but just can't enter the decisions, so we could see a lot of decision letters being sent out at some point in August, when this issue gets sorted.

Regards

D.
Thank you very much. This information is useful. Do you know how long they have had this issue for ?
Cheers, T

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:16 am

tinku wrote:

Regards

D.
Thank you very much. This information is useful. Do you know how long they have had this issue for ?
Cheers, T
No problem. No, they didn't say how long they have had the issue for; but I asked them for the issue they have had recently; so I think it's been for a couple of weeks... so we will see if we start getting July decisions in 2 weeks...

sameeer

Post by sameeer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Regards

D.
Strange how long these guys take to resolve an IT issue on such critical systems which is blocking so much of work ... Its been out for more than 2 weeks and would take 2 more weeks to resolve... No wonder where all the monies is going ...

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:00 pm

sameeer wrote:

Regards

D.
Strange how long these guys take to resolve an IT issue on such critical systems which is blocking so much of work ... Its been out for more than 2 weeks and would take 2 more weeks to resolve... No wonder where all the monies is going ...
In my company; an issue like that would be solved the same day or max the day after; you can't take 4 weeks to resolve a critical issue like that, but I'm talking about the private sector; the HO is a different story....

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 am

Derivaz wrote:
sameeer wrote:

Regards

D.
In my company; an issue like that would be solved the same day or max the day after; you can't take 4 weeks to resolve a critical issue like that, but I'm talking about the private sector; the HO is a different story....
No one received approval letter...or any other letter dated 25th July so I reckon it wont take much longer to resolve issue. But in my recent email to them answer was within some weeks I will get invitation letter. Probably this issue has been resolved now and people will get approval invitation certificate any day from today to next week :-) good luck all of you. I think this issue started 25th or 26th july. So good news is for their own interest they will fix this issue if it hasn't been fixed yet. I dont think it is a issue of decission ....I think it is a issue of printing error or something else.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:18 am

skyiswide wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
sameeer wrote:

Regards

D.
No one received approval letter...or any other letter dated 25th July so I reckon it wont take much longer to resolve issue. But in my recent email to them answer was within some weeks I will get invitation letter. Probably this issue has been resolved now and people will get approval invitation certificate any day from today to next week :-) good luck all of you. I think this issue started 25th or 26th july. So good news is for their own interest they will fix this issue if it hasn't been fixed yet. I dont think it is a issue of decission ....I think it is a issue of printing error or something else.
It sounds like they have a bug on the system and it doesn't let them enter decisions; but they weren't very specific.
I don't think they actually know when it will be resolved, they expect it will be soon, but who knows, hopefully soon.
My guess is that they can do all the checks and make the decisions, but just can't enter them, so once it's fixed, we might see a lot of letters (approval or refusal) being sent out.

Good luck to everyone.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:15 pm

augh there is always something going wrong somewhere I really hope whatever it is gets sorted out soon only we know what we had to go through and how we paid all the fees good luck everyone

waiting patiently

VR

Real Reasons for the delay

Post by VR » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Chaps,

The IT support is outsourced to India. Recently there was a change of service provider as per news reports. This could be the cause of the undue delay. Should get resolved as there are clearly defined SLA's.

Good luck

facts

Re: Real Reasons for the delay

Post by facts » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:10 pm

VR wrote:Chaps,

The IT support is outsourced to India. Recently there was a change of service provider as per news reports. This could be the cause of the undue delay. Should get resolved as there are clearly defined SLA's.

Good luck
Thanks VR, this could be the reason. Where can we read these news reports please?

ukpass123
Newly Registered

Post by ukpass123 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi!I've got the same problem...I can't explain the delay....I applied on the 5th of July 2013( NCS - Richmond Borough )( EEA route(5 years) +1 year - PR).I got an acknowledgment letter from HO which had been issued on the 11th of July.The money was taken on the 8th or 9th ...can't remember exactly ...but it's long gone...

However...I've planned a trip to the US at the beginning of October( I need ESTA visa - the electronic one ) ..and this unpredictable situation is causing me a lot of stress....No one knows exactly what's happening with the July applications ...no one knows exactly what the reason is...
Very strange ..:(

I will go on Wednesday to NCS Richmond to ask ...By the way :Did u get a postal reference number for your HO application when u used NCS?

Thanks for sharing your info !

:roll:

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm

ukpass123 wrote:Hi!I've got the same problem...I can't explain the delay....I applied on the 5th of July 2013( NCS - Richmond Borough )( EEA route(5 years) +1 year - PR).I got an acknowledgment letter from HO which had been issued on the 11th of July.The money was taken on the 8th or 9th ...can't remember exactly ...but it's long gone...

However...I've planned a trip to the US at the beginning of October( I need ESTA visa - the electronic one ) ..and this unpredictable situation is causing me a lot of stress....No one knows exactly what's happening with the July applications ...no one knows exactly what the reason is...
Very strange ..:(

I will go on Wednesday to NCS Richmond to ask ...By the way :Did u get a postal reference number for your HO application when u used NCS?

Thanks for sharing your info !

:roll:
no one is getting any approvals its not the July apps forum is well dry since 25th july

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:09 pm

I've great regrets to apply for British nationality in the month of July for a reason that my application has not been assigned to a caseworker as yet. It's been a month so far - applied on 12th July.

I have contacted HO team on 08450105200 and answer I got was " Your application is in queue and it is yet to be assigned to a caseworker". I suppose this is same with all other July applicants and not 100% sure about IT issues, but can say it is very likely to do with poor staffing levels at UKBA during this time of the year :(

Hope this information is helpful.
Last edited by tinku on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:14 pm

tinku wrote:I've great regrets to apply for British nationality in the month of July for a reason that my application has not been assigned to a caseworker as yet. It has been a month as far - applied on 12th July.

I have contacted HO team on 08450105200 and answer I got was " Your application is in queue and it yet to be assigned to a caseworker". I suppose this is same with all other July applicants and not 100% sure about IT issues, but can say it is very likely to do with poor staffing levels at UKBA during this time of the year :(

The thing is that you never know; people were getting very fast replies and then suddenly it slowed down; it's a matter of luck....
Maybe the IT issue is preventing them from assigning them to caseworkers....
Did they answer the phone? what option did you choose and what time did you call at?

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Derivaz wrote:
tinku wrote:I've great regrets to apply for British nationality in the month of July for a reason that my application has not been assigned to a caseworker as yet. It has been a month as far - applied on 12th July.

I have contacted HO team on 08450105200 and answer I got was " Your application is in queue and it yet to be assigned to a caseworker". I suppose this is same with all other July applicants and not 100% sure about IT issues, but can say it is very likely to do with poor staffing levels at UKBA during this time of the year :(

The thing is that you never know; people were getting very fast replies and then suddenly it slowed down; it's a matter of luck....
Maybe the IT issue is preventing them from assigning them to caseworkers....
Did they answer the phone? what option did you choose and what time did you call at?

They did respond to me. You need to choose option 2 and 2