ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student nd marrage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khanmaliknasir
Newly Registered

student nd marrage

Post by khanmaliknasir » Wed May 16, 2007 6:01 pm

i m on studnet visa in uk nd i my girl friend is britsh citzen nd we wanna marry but prb is tht i cant be studnet any more and i cant change my status after marry her becoz she below 18 so is ther same law in ireland as wel if we move to ireland?thns

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed May 16, 2007 6:10 pm

You must be 18 to marry in Ireland.

khanmaliknasir
Newly Registered

Post by khanmaliknasir » Wed May 16, 2007 6:14 pm

i am over 18 but my gf not but we can marry here even she no 18.i mean after marrage can we live in ireland.i mean can i live with her as spouse once she moved ireland?

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu May 17, 2007 8:50 am

in scotland is 16, or was. i do not know if the scottish government still doing the 16 years old rule or not, but check it out. once when your married in scotland. the marriage will be recognized in the whole uk

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu May 17, 2007 10:26 am

in scotland is 16, or was. i do not know if the scottish government still doing the 16 years old rule or not, but check it out. once when your married in scotland. the marriage will be recognized in the whole uk
Yes but a person under the age of 18 cannot sponsor their spouse for a spousal visa in the UK I don't think. I don't know what the Irish laws are, but my personal thought would be that if they don't allow marriage in Ireland until 18, then they probably wond allow someone under 18 to sponsor a spouse. I would suggest the OP contact the Irish gov't for clarification.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Thu May 17, 2007 2:08 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu May 17, 2007 2:23 pm

yankeegirl wrote:
Yes but a person under the age of 18 cannot sponsor their spouse for a spousal visa in the UK I don't think. I don't know what the Irish laws are, but my personal thought would be that if they don't allow marriage in Ireland until 18, then they probably wond allow someone under 18 to sponsor a spouse. I would suggest the OP contact the Irish gov't for clarification.
oooooops, i forgot to ask as well. she is below 18 but is she above 16. if you on student visa. why not wait til she gets 18 before u get married. unless she is 12. i know it is your personal business, but if she is under 18, other people might be concerned about.............................. but anyway, good luck

khanmaliknasir
Newly Registered

Post by khanmaliknasir » Thu May 17, 2007 3:33 pm

i am 21 and her age is 17.i know we can get marry here in uk even she no 18 but my prb is tht i can be any more on student visa and if i get married here so i cnt get spouse visa and may next few years becoz of 21 year is suggest for spouse visa so may be next year it changed to 21.so we thnking if we get married her in uk and then if it is possable tht she move there to ireland and i can get spouse visa there?we know each other from last 2 years.i am from pakistan and she scotish.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu May 17, 2007 5:19 pm

khanmaliknasir wrote:i am 21 and her age is 17.i know we can get marry here in uk even she no 18 but my prb is tht i can be any more on student visa and if i get married here so i cnt get spouse visa and may next few years becoz of 21 year is suggest for spouse visa so may be next year it changed to 21.so we thnking if we get married her in uk and then if it is possable tht she move there to ireland and i can get spouse visa there?we know each other from last 2 years.i am from pakistan and she scotish.
if u just finished university, you can apply to stay an extra year as an graduate as home office recently changed the rule for foreigner, so good luck. if not, bring her back to where you are from and marry her and come back, after a year, then you can apply for spouse visa. is it that bad you cannot go home to live? where are you from anyway?

khanmaliknasir
Newly Registered

Post by khanmaliknasir » Thu May 17, 2007 5:46 pm

its not bad at all but is it bad to live here with her?

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri May 18, 2007 2:36 pm

khanmaliknasir wrote:its not bad at all but is it bad to live here with her?
it is not, but it is better to live legally instead or illegally, dont you think?

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Fri May 18, 2007 3:51 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri May 18, 2007 4:12 pm

While this relationship might be genuine,I suspect the British Authorities might suspect from your english that you are not a 'genuine' student, but someone who has used the chance to come to the U.K on a student visa to seduce an underage girl to marry her and stay back in the U.K.The fact that you started a relationship with the girl as soon as you arrived in Britain when she was 15 and you were 19 will make it look like you had an ulterior motive when you arrived there.

While we are not the right people to judge anyone's motives, cases like these will only serve to make life more difficult for people with a genuine relationship. I hope that we can use discretion when we advice people who are embarking on questionable strategies since this is bound to affect genuine applications in a negative manner.

khanmaliknasir
Newly Registered

Post by khanmaliknasir » Mon May 21, 2007 3:19 pm

THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR SUCH A GOOD RESPONCE.