ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approved but no Invitation to Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ananthahari

Approved but no Invitation to Ceremony

Post by ananthahari » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi I have applied on 9/07/2013 through NCS.

Acknowledgement received on 17/07/2013
On 24/07/2013 received a letter from HO saying that application is successful but I have to wait for another invitation letter to book an appoint for ceremony. This is not the case with my friends who has received approval recently.

Is there any issue? why they have opted to send two letters?
when can we expect second ceremony invitation letter?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Best to call your local council and book your appointment as they should already have your certificate ... give them a call and find out ...

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:22 pm

[quote="sunil.suneel"]Best to call your local council and book your appointment as they should already have your certificate ... give them a call and find out ...[/quo

In letter they said ...pleased to say that application successful. And you will receive a letter inviting you to attend ceremony. And this is not an invitation letter. You should not contact local authority until you have received your invitation. If not received invitation within 3 weeks you should email.

is it safe to contact them after reading that?

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:16 pm

ananthahari wrote:
sunil.suneel wrote:Best to call your local council and book your appointment as they should already have your certificate ... give them a call and find out ...[/quo

In letter they said ...pleased to say that application successful. And you will receive a letter inviting you to attend ceremony. And this is not an invitation letter. You should not contact local authority until you have received your invitation. If not received invitation within 3 weeks you should email.

is it safe to contact them after reading that?
So why don't you just listen to what the letter says???

Good grief we get this same question at least twice a week. What's so hard to understand about 'this is not an invitation letter, you will receive the invitation letter in the next few days'? I really don't get it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:27 pm

The invitation letter should arrive in a couple of weeks.

You cannot book your ceremony without the letter as there is a reference number in the invitation letter that you need to give the council before you can book your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raja999

Post by raja999 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi,
I am still waiting for second letter from home office. the first letter i received was on 13 of this month . letter dated was 10th of this month.
Why it is taking so long ..>? its more then two weeks gone. i did email home office as instructed but no reply back. Does any one knows what to do next..?

thx a lot

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:57 pm

raja999 wrote:Hi,
I am still waiting for second letter from home office. the first letter i received was on 13 of this month . letter dated was 10th of this month.
Why it is taking so long ..>? its more then two weeks gone. i did email home office as instructed but no reply back. Does any one knows what to do next..?

thx a lot
Keep Calm and Carry On Waiting...

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Anantahari
I received the approval letter and no invitation letter.I contacted the council - asked for citizenship ceremony officer. The officer suggested the time for public ceremony and private ceremony. Based on my choice they sent an invitation letter. This is how it worked for me. So a good idea is to contact your local council and speak to the citizenship ceremony officer.
Regards
Nathan

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:39 am

nathan_nathan wrote:Hi Anantahari
I received the approval letter and no invitation letter.I contacted the council - asked for citizenship ceremony officer. The officer suggested the time for public ceremony and private ceremony. Based on my choice they sent an invitation letter. This is how it worked for me. So a good idea is to contact your local council and speak to the citizenship ceremony officer.
Regards
Nathan
In my approval letter it says , I shouldn't contact with local council intil I received invitation letter. And if it doesn't come within two weeks of approval letter then enail to ukbaenquries....

So I would like to ask you what was written on your approval letter please. So many of us will be benefited from your reply. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:47 am

skyiswide wrote:In my approval letter it says , I shouldn't contact with local council intil I received invitation letter. And if it doesn't come within two weeks of approval letter then enail to ukbaenquries....

So I would like to ask you what was written on your approval letter please. So many of us will be benefited from your reply. Thank you.
The letters seem to differ and not sure why. My letter was approval and invitation in one with the reference number and council details. Other people get the approval letter and invitation letter separately, so best to wait a couple of weeks after receiving approval letter before querying with UKBA etc. about invitation letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi Anantahari,
Your approval letter seems to be worded different to the one that I received. Which council do you belong to ?
My approval letter had an address and number to contact to discuss the appointment. May be you could speak to your council and see what happens.
regards
Nathan

raja999

Post by raja999 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:13 pm

i called to council and they told me initially they could not find my record. then they took my no and said they will call me back. they called me told me to wait 2 weeks. I told them i am waiting for 20 days, so how long do I need to wait. They asked me what the rush as i got 90 days to apply and told me to wait and i will get letter automatically so i don't need to call them back.

I again send home office about second letter lets see if they reply this time...

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:37 pm

nathan_nathan wrote:Hi Anantahari,
Your approval letter seems to be worded different to the one that I received. Which council do you belong to ?
My approval letter had an address and number to contact to discuss the appointment. May be you could speak to your council and see what happens.
regards
Nathan
According to Home office web site approval and invitations letter should be two different letter.

Application approval lettet》 letter from council and also from ukba to attend citizenship ceremony. .its called invitations letter. 》And council invitations letter should ask to confirm date and fill up a form or phoned them and give details.

People who applied via NCS probably many of them received combination letter together. But by post self applicant always have to wait for invitation letter otherwise council wont let us to take oath. As we didn't use NCS. Even some NCS users are waiting for invitation letter. So it probably depends on the case worker and Nationality team dealt with particular application. But in General rules all approved applicant receive invitation letter. As Ncs applicant details is already in council systems. But they only bevome alert about postal self applicant once they receive certificate from Ukba. And I got a feeling that ukba send bundle of certificates together to local authorities. As lady over the phone told me ukba told her no certificate probably next two weeks as they are extremely busy. But I dont know whether she just gave me an excuse or it is true.

raja999

Post by raja999 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:42 am

thx skyiswide

well its been now 21 days since i got the approval and still
waiting for letter. i called the council and they told me to wait 2 weeks more.
I did send emails to home office but their is no reply yet. i applied self and
from birmingham council. The whole process taking so so long.........

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 am

Hi,

I'm sorry for delay in response.
Thanks to every one who has replied on my query.

I have applied through NCS Cambridge. It looks like Home office changed their process and sending two letters for every one irrespective of application how they have received it. Not sure why they take so much time to send Invitation letter?

Nothing we can do. Let us wait for some more time.

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:02 pm

ananthahari wrote:Hi,

I'm sorry for delay in response.
Thanks to every one who has replied on my query.

I have applied through NCS Cambridge. It looks like Home office changed their process and sending two letters for every one irrespective of application how they have received it. Not sure why they take so much time to send Invitation letter?

Nothing we can do. Let us wait for some more time.
Have you received your invitation letter yet ? I am still waiting. ...I also not seeing any new approval after your approval. Dont know whats going on. Waiting ...and I called local council ...she said home office told them no certificate in next two weeks. I phoned council last Wednesday after 1 week of approval. Tomorrow 14 days...no sign of invitation yet...
One members said rumours going on that their it system wasnt working. But it is a rumor so I don't know but I haven't seen anyone got approved letter after 24th july letter date. So there must be sort of staff or may be busy time. Council lady told me they are extremely busy..didnt say about rumors :-)

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:04 pm

raja999 wrote:thx skyiswide

well its been now 21 days since i got the approval and still
waiting for letter. i called the council and they told me to wait 2 weeks more.
I did send emails to home office but their is no reply yet. i applied self and
from birmingham council. The whole process taking so so long.........
Raja...brother. ..have you received invitation letter yet......and what they wrote in reply about invitation letter...if you let us know please as waiting...but you are wanting more than 3 weeks...so hopefully you got invitations ?

raja999

Post by raja999 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:48 pm

HI,
No i'm still waiting and waiting. i don't know why they taking that long.
Got the first letter on 13 of July date 10th and still waiting for second letter. I don't believe it can be IT issue. I work in IT things do sort v quickly specially in production site. They don't even reply my email. Don't know what to do other then waiting.....

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:11 pm

raja999 wrote:HI,
Got the first letter on 13 of July date 10th and still waiting for second letter. I don't believe it can be IT issue. I work in IT things do sort v quickly specially in production site. They don't even reply my email. Don't know what to do other then waiting.....
My wife applied through NCS today and the lady in NCS said they haven't received any certificate in the last 2 - 3 weeks which is unusual. She didn't know the reason though.

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:12 pm

You may Phone council again then and also write to them by post..I mean ho
Last edited by skyiswide on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:27 pm

cricinfo wrote:
My wife applied through NCS today and the lady in NCS said they haven't received any certificate in the last 2 - 3 weeks which is unusual. She didn't know the reason though.
Which ncs ? I don't know what's going on. Maybe everyone in that department is in holiday. I will write to them today ..as 14 days gone but no certificate

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:07 pm

skyiswide wrote:
cricinfo wrote:
Which ncs ? I don't know what's going on. Maybe everyone in that department is in holiday. I will write to them today ..as 14 days gone but no certificate
Peterborough

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Received first letter dated 22 July on 24th July and never received second letter.
Called Brent council on 05th August and ceremony office told me she did not received any certificate from last week. and my name is not on the system.

I live in Barnt Council (Doh) and realizing my mistake I called Barnet Council's Ceremoney officer. The lady on the other side had polite african accent . she congratulated me on successful citizenship application and checked my name on system. she told me same thing that normally certificates arrive on Tuesday but there is no delivery.

She asked me to call next tuesday.

I guess that we are not only few waiting for second letter.

Good luck to all
Happy waiting

:lol:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:45 am

hemalay wrote:Received first letter dated 22 July on 24th July and never received second letter.
Called Brent council on 05th August and ceremony office told me she did not received any certificate from last week. and my name is not on the system.

I live in Barnt Council (Doh) and realizing my mistake I called Barnet Council's Ceremoney officer. The lady on the other side had polite african accent . she congratulated me on successful citizenship application and checked my name on system. she told me same thing that normally certificates arrive on Tuesday but there is no delivery.

She asked me to call next tuesday.

I guess that we are not only few waiting for second letter.

Good luck to all
Happy waiting

:lol:
I sent them email after waited 2 weeks and reply was I will receive it within next few weeks. Now I am really worry about 3 months time...as law is we have to take oath within 3 months of approval. And you email them yet brother ?

raja999

Post by raja999 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:24 pm

32 days have passed and i still ....no clue what going on ..? any idea anyone..?