ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i book One way ticket to India with my OCI?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

palla123
Newly Registered

can i book One way ticket to India with my OCI?

Post by palla123 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:03 pm

I have received my OCI, would like to relocate to India for Good. can i book One way ticket to India with my OCI?

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 am

OCI is life-long indian visa, so you can choose any kind of ticket..it doesn't matter

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: can i book One way ticket to India with my OCI?

Post by ric1982 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 am

Yes you can.

Out of interest, are you not worried / bothered about paying higher taxes on your income and having to pay higher fees for the kids (that is if you have any or plan to have any) when you settled in India?

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 am

Do you mean I have to pay higher tax in India if I am on OCI ?
please can you advise

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Reply

Post by ric1982 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 am

nehalbhagat wrote:Do you mean I have to pay higher tax in India if I am on OCI ?
please can you advise
Yes you do. I don't have details but you dont get tax relief that ordinary citizens gets in India. Nationalise banks are also not very liberal when giving out loans (For e.g house loan).

If you have accountant (or know someone) in India then ask him/her for the advise.

kmore97

Re: Reply

Post by kmore97 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:30 am

ric1982 wrote:
nehalbhagat wrote:Do you mean I have to pay higher tax in India if I am on OCI ?
please can you advise
Yes you do. I don't have details but you dont get tax relief that ordinary citizens gets in India. Nationalise banks are also not very liberal when giving out loans (For e.g house loan).

If you have accountant (or know someone) in India then ask him/her for the advise.
Tax rates are same for Indians and NRIs (including OCIs). However banks deduct more % of TDS on your interest earning if you are an NRI(OCI) and declare it.