ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Spain and Czech Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MB243

Travelling to Spain and Czech Schengen Visa

Post by MB243 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi guys,
I wonder of anyone can provide any insight in to my situation.

Below is my itinerary

Prague
22-Aug-13 to 25 Aug-13
Czech schengen visa valid from 22-Aug to 9-Sept 2013
single entry and duration of stay is 4 days

Spain
27-Aug 2013 to 1-Sept 2013

I have an appointment booked at the Spanish embassy at JVAC in London for tomorrow 14 Aug

My questions:
1) Will the Spanish embassy give me a visa even if its overlapping with Czech visa? As the Czech visa is only single entry, it will expire on 25 Aug after I return to UK, though its still valid until 9 Sept

2) If the answer to above is Yes then will I get my passport back by 21 Aug to travel next day?

Replies much appreciated!!!

resetsony
Newly Registered

Post by resetsony » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:40 pm

In answering Q1. You cannot hold more than one valid schengen visa at the same time. One would need to be cancelled in order for you to apply for another one.

Q2. Highly unlikely you will get it back if you apply, on the JVAC in London website it says it takes a minimum of 5 working days to process.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:09 pm

If you explain yourself, you ought to be able to get a visa that covers both visits to Schengen zone.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks for the replies guys, have cancelled my Spain trip after all :(

mick5

Post by mick5 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 pm

MB243 sorry to hear that you have to cancel you trip to spain. i have schengen visa multi from Portugal HC expiring on 7th os september i booked my holidays from 7th of september i called to spain HC explained about visa expiring he said i have to contact Portugal HC to cancel my visa and apply for spain or start my holidays from 8th of september so i applied from 8th of sep and got 4 month Multi but i've been to spain 3 time with my girl friend with schengen visa no one checked my visa they told me i dont need visa when iam traveling with my partner but just to be on a safe side i like to have visa.