ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need to include my wife in my ILR 5 years application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Atif786
Member of Standing

Do i need to include my wife in my ILR 5 years application?

Post by Atif786 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi,
I am on tier 1 ( general visa) prior to that i was on tier 2, i and my wife who is my dependent ( and has been in the uk for 18 months) hold a valid tier 1 general visa until December 2015, however i am eligible for ILR in the last week of august 2013, my concern is what will be my wife's status , as she needs to complete 2 years as my dependent in the uk before she can apply for ILR, do i need to include her in my ILR application as ILR dependent or can she stay on tier 1 general dependent visa until she completes her 2 years in the uk.
kindly gine me concrete answers plz.
Atif

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Your wife can continue on her visa until she meets the qualifying period for settlement she can then apply for set(o) assuming you are successful for your ILR as a PBS applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm

thanks for your reply, i forgot to mention one think , we are due to travel out of country in the last week of September, can she travel in the last with me on tier 1 general and me on ILR?

thanks
Atif

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Yes her visa should remain valid.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 pm

How do you intend to travel outside the UK without your passport(s)?
How come you were given the right to appeal a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application refusal if you have a valid Tier 1 (General) leave?
How will you make a fresh application (settlement) when an appeal is pending? The law only allows you to "vary" an application when an appeal is pending.
Atif786 wrote:I applied for Entrepreneur visa on the 12th of jan 2013 along with my wife and son( UK Born 12 months old) as dependent which got refused on the 29th April 2013, in which they have retained all the documents and only given my sons passport back. and now got the oral date for hearing 23 Jan 2014
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:54 pm

HI sushdmehta,

The ILR and tier 1 General visa case doesn't belong to me as i was just asking that questions on behalf of my friend, please don't mind and i don't even know if i can ask questions on this forum on some one else's behalf or not, however the tier 1 entrepreneur case is mine and appeal is pending.
i hope it clarifies your doubt.
Atif

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:57 pm

"I" is only used to represent "self", not someone else.

When asking queries on behalf of someone, state so in the beginning ... clearly.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 pm

@sushdmehta

yes i will keep that in mind in future.
thanks
Atif