ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

members

Post by members » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 am

ppycrmt wrote:I didn't bother.
members wrote:Could someone tell me if one need to copy the whole passport and all pages of his/her SET(LR) application form when applying for ILR?

What are photocopying requirements when you send SET(LR) application form?
Did you have any issues for not doing so, did you get your ILR?

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks for your reply Damanisshallo. You are correct, she comes under old rules.

With regards to your reference to the post to see how she would qualify, she wouldn't be able to apply for ILR directly (without FLR(M)) after I get mine. This is because, my Tier 2 Gen runs out in Sept 2014 and I only qualify for ILR (LR) in Aug 2014. Hence as she is my dependent, her visa l also runs out in Sept 2014 and I wouldn't be getting my ILR in a month's time. So we will have to apply for her FLR (M) after I get my application's acknowledgement and ref number. Once she gets the FLR(M), we would be immediately able to apply for her ILR. Correct me if I am wrong ?

Thanks !!
Damanisshallo wrote:
die_hard wrote:Hi Damanisshallo,

I have been following this forum for long time but have recently joined.

I have a question for you as you are senior and most experienced member on this forum.

I will be eligible for 10 years ILR (LR) next year, Sept 2014 (5 years - student, 2 years - PSW and 3 years - Tier 2 General). At the moment, I am on tier 2 general.

My wife joined me as PSW dependent in July 2011. I changed to Tier 2 general in Sept 2011 and my wife also changed as my dependent. She will be completing two years as my Tier 2 general dependent in Sept 2013, hence would be eligible to apply for FLR (M) (based on new rules) [This is wrong, She'd still be considered under Old rules as she's entered as your partner prior to 9 July 2012] next year when I make my ILR application.

My questions is; as my wife is now working, if she goes on Tier 2 General on her own right after September 2013, will she still be eligible to apply for FLR(M) at the time when I apply for ILR next year ? She would have completed 2 years as my dependent in Sept 2013 and then apply for Tier 2 General on her own. So when at the time of me applying for ILR (LR) she wouldn't be my dependent but would have already finished 2 years as my dependent earlier.

Not a good idea to switch her to Tier 2 in her own right. This way she'll have to complete 5 yrs before she can apply for settlement. On the other hand if she stays as your dependent she'd get her ILR as soon as you get yours. Please refer to this post to see how she can qualify.

I would be very thankful to you if you can address my this query.
Best regards

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:57 am

die_hard wrote:Thanks for your reply Damanisshallo. You are correct, she comes under old rules.

With regards to your reference to the post to see how she would qualify, she wouldn't be able to apply for ILR directly (without FLR(M)) after I get mine. This is because, my Tier 2 Gen runs out in Sept 2014 and I only qualify for ILR (LR) in Aug 2014. Hence as she is my dependent, her visa l also runs out in Sept 2014 and I wouldn't be getting my ILR in a month's time. So we will have to apply for her FLR (M) after I get my application's acknowledgement and ref number. Once she gets the FLR(M), we would be immediately able to apply for her ILR. Correct me if I am wrong ?

Sadly Yes, this would be the only option AFAIK. Use this covering letter with her FLR(M) application
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

jony_dhaka

My visa and absence history

Post by jony_dhaka » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:58 am

Set(o) ILR (10 year Long Residence) :

Application sent: 26 /03/2013
Took money from my account: 02 /04/2013
Acknowledgement: 04/04/2013

Biometric letter received: 09/04 /2013
Biometric done (at PO): 09/04 /2013

Documents Received: waiting..
Biometric (ILR) Card Received:waiting ..

Document sent :
1. 2 passport old and new one .( Also full photocopy )
2. 2 picture ukba appropriate size
3. life in the uk test pass certificate. ( Also photocopy )
4. current BRP ( Biometric residence permit) ( Also photocopy )

Extra document sent ( optional )
1. All the visa and absence history in printed form in a organised manner .
2. 3 month current bank statement.
3 . All the letter i have receive from ukba last 10 years .

VISA AND ABSENCE HISTORY :
Visa and absence history
Passport no : xxxxxx

1st visa : 25/02/2003 to 25/02/2006

Absence: 11/11/2004 to 18/11/2004 (6 days )
Absence: 04/07/2005 to 27/7/2005 (22 days )

26/2/2006 TO 2/3/2006 : 5 DAYS OVERSTAY (Not sure about this 5 days becoz i forgot if i applied before 25/2/2006 or not )

2nd visa : 03/3/2006 to 26/2/2007
Absence : 02/4/2006 to 30/4/2006 ( 27 days )
Absence: 03/1/2007 to 05/2 /2007 (32 days )

3rd visa :23/01/2007 to 31/05/2008
Absence: None

4th visa : 28/5/2008 to 26/9/2009
Absence: 19/11/2008 to 08/2/2009 ( 80 days )

> applied for extension 24/9/2009
> 1/10/ 2009 ukba returns my doc for my wrong size photograph
>Applied again (Forget the date )
>07/10/2009 got my acknowledgment letter .
> 22/10/2009 got my BRP.(5th visa )
27/9/2009 TO 6/10/2009 :10 DAYS OVERSTAY

5th visa 23/10/2009 to 30/09/2010

Absence: None

>applied for 6th visa (forgot the date )
> Got acknowledgment letter 14/09/2010
>Got BRP 21/12/2010 (6th visa )

6th visa: BRP 21/12/2010 to 12/10/2013
Absence : None

TOTAL ABSENCE :167 DAYS IN 10 YEARS .
OVERSTAY :15 DAYS

NOTE :
>I have also mention all the passport page number according to date .
> UkBA do not count the date you left uk and the date you come back to uk as absence .
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:26 pm

I have read before that the photocopying will just save the UKBA's time from doing it themselves. I guess if I paid £1051, they might as well use their own paper for photo copying.

I have only sent my application away yesterday.
members wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:I didn't bother.
members wrote:Could someone tell me if one need to copy the whole passport and all pages of his/her SET(LR) application form when applying for ILR?

What are photocopying requirements when you send SET(LR) application form?
Did you have any issues for not doing so, did you get your ILR?

amohammedzia
Newly Registered

FLR M

Post by amohammedzia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Dear Damanisshallo and Saanju9,
I applied ILR 17-09-12 and FLR M for my wife on 20-05-13 and I got my approved ILR on 20-06-13 after 9 months and today I got the query from uk border agency asking WIFE employer letter , contract of employment and p60 AND TAX Documentation but my wife never worked in uk
And i applied a depended for my wife on my 10 year ILR and I have send my bank statement and payslip.

I don’t understand what to do

Need a help from Gurus plz
Advance thanks
Damanisshallo and saanju9

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
nadeem toheed wrote:Hi all,
Could any member in this forum please help me out
I just received my ILR (10 years long res) last week, My Q is,
My spouse came here (UK) in March 2005 on student dependent and now she got PSW dependent visa till July 2014
Do i need to fulfill the (18600) threshold? and
NO
what other documents do i need to get her spouse visa?
Maintainence,
Accommodation,
Marriage Cert,
Proof that you've been living together.
Any Utility bills,
Bank Statements,
Doctor's Letters.

Thanks

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
tonystar wrote: i hv same situation , i got my ilr last month on 10yrs long residence my last visa was psw, and my wife is psw dependant visa till jan2014, she came this june 2009 on student visa,
bt i asked different solicitors funds 18600 is req flr(m) application, and wait for 5 yrs then i apply ilr,
i dont know wht is the right answer, plz inform me wht is right answer thanks
Transitional cases wrote:2.1 Applicants granted or who applied for leave under the Rules before 9 July 2012
A person who meets the following criteria, in one of the categories specified below, will remain subject to the Immigration Rules in force as at 8 July 2012 until settlement (the grant of indefinite leave to remain) even where the application is granted on or after 9 July 2012:
Hi Daminhallo,
Could you please explain these transnational rules ( i mean, where i can get take these rules because i just want to take the print out these rules)
i got appointment in croydon HO for spouse visa so that i can make my arguments more strong regarding i don't need income threshold (18600)
Thanks and appreciate your help
God bless you

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:34 pm

@Nadeem

Are you not able to click the link in your post?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:@Nadeem

Are you not able to click the link in your post?
Oh i c, i done that , thanks
Is that Section 2 (ii) ?
Thanks Damanisshallo

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:56 pm

According to Skydrive
From 1/1/2013 till today 15/8/2013 61 people applied for ILR

2 person got ILR in 10 weeks
2 person got ILR in 12 weeks
1 person got ILR in 14 weeks
1 person got ILR in 17 weeks
1 person got ILR in 18 weeks
5 person got ILR in 19 weeks
8 person got ILR in 20 weeks
4 person got ILR in 21 weeks
3 person got ILR in 22 weeks
4 person got ILR in 23 weeks
1 person got ILR in 24 weeks
1 person got ILR in 26 weeks

33 got ILR

1 refused

27 pending

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 pm

saanju9 wrote:
smileybee wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
smileybee wrote:I am going to apply for ILR in December.

I entered UK on 2nd of Jan 2004. My visa was issued in September 2003, just wonder does the 10 years period start from September or from the date I first enter UK?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rmset(LR)/

your answer is under "Can I apply using this form?" - copy and past the above link

Also in Section 4 of form Set (LR), am I right to assume the documents are required if I have one or more missing passport? or do i require them to support my application?

It clearly states (under the third check box) "If you cannot provide them all"... here "all" referring to your passports... yes if you can't produce your previous passports...

Thirdly, everytime I leave UK there is no stamp from UK or the country I enter. I dont have boarding pass for the past 10 years. What should I do?

there should be a stamp from the country your entering however if you missed that... some of the above said docs might be relevant and an SAR might be in help (although not sure how it can help if none has recorded your out going)... could you be more explicit about your movements... try your flight tickets...emails, travel agents, or anything else just to get the dates and we can see what evidence we can provide to the HO

Thanks

Thanks Thanks. Just a bit concern as it did mention in the form to provide as much documents to support the application so was thinking should I still try to get as much documents as possible? as for the travel itinerary and flights and all, i only manage to get up to 8 years ago as previously was paper carbon copy ticket so its bearly impossible to have copy of it.
Not necessary but in your case you don't have stamps... (are you sure - out of curiosity which country is that who don't put stamp on entry )... so it might be a good idea..
everytime I enter Malaysia, they dont stamp on my passport as I am holding Malaysia Passport. other than that I have all the stamps for all other countries

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:51 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:According to Skydrive

33 got ILR

1 refused

27 pending
Dear o dear UKBA! I applied last month, I am standing along with everyone else! Dont know how much long id have to wait! My optimistic view was, by end of October which was 12-16 weeks! but looks like, my will overrun!
Wish there was same day option for us! Atleast little bit more money would have ended this endurance!
I think we all be lucky if we get our decisions in 6 months!
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:13 am

suzuka23 wrote:Well, this is the 3rd refusal this week. I received the reply yesterday and got refused. I really didn't expect this at all. Reason is I had a break in my continuous stay between the 31/03/2009 and 12/05/2009. They did not apply 3C at all where I clearly had an appeal valid until the 24/04/2009 (refusal of post study work visa) and decided to leave an apply through my job.

Good luck to all who are waiting
Hi Suzuka,
I'm very sorry to hear that you got refusal.:( As I'm also same date and still waiting for decision. Did you appeal for PSW refusal at the end or you applied for new application any other category ? Please can you explain.

Note: if you do not appeal on given time it does not count as valid 3C leave. :(

alikhansheer
Newly Registered

Help needed for wife's FLR(M)

Post by alikhansheer » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:03 am

Hi to all seniors,
I have reading this forum for sometime now and it did help alot me in doing my application but i need some help regarding my wife's FLR(M).

what date shall i write in 3.15 and 3.16 as i am still watiing for decision on my application SET(LR) I have recently applied just last week but still hasn't recieved my acknowledgement letter but i took the formate for request to hold FLR(M) APPLICATION from this forum which is very helpfull

help would be appreciated

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: FLR M

Post by saanju9 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:52 am

amohammedzia wrote:Dear Damanisshallo and Saanju9,
I applied ILR 17-09-12 and FLR M for my wife on 20-05-13 and I got my approved ILR on 20-06-13 after 9 months and today I got the query from uk border agency asking WIFE employer letter , contract of employment and p60 AND TAX Documentation but my wife never worked in uk
And i applied a depended for my wife on my 10 year ILR and I have send my bank statement and payslip.

I don’t understand what to do

Need a help from Gurus plz
Advance thanks
Damanisshallo and saanju9

I might be wrong.. but you might have ticked an incorrect box which might have triggered them this
Or it could be as usual... yet another foolish thing by caseworkers.

Anyways my suggestion is to write a letter to the caseworker (or to whom ever they asked you to correspond) explaining the whole situation clearly

regards

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Help needed for wife's FLR(M)

Post by saanju9 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 am

alikhansheer wrote:Hi to all seniors,
I have reading this forum for sometime now and it did help alot me in doing my application but i need some help regarding my wife's FLR(M).

what date shall i write in 3.15 and 3.16 as i am still watiing for decision on my application SET(LR) I have recently applied just last week but still hasn't recieved my acknowledgement letter but i took the formate for request to hold FLR(M) APPLICATION from this forum which is very helpfull

help would be appreciated
Don't fill 3.15 and in 3.16 write 10yr Long Residency (awaiting decision)

When is her visa expiring... if you have time wait for the acknowledgement card to find out your reference number.

regards

m0379179m

Post by m0379179m » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:30 am

Dear alikhansheer,

All my family received their acknowledgment letter after three days but mine come through after 11 days ,although it is issued same date as their letters .

I think you will receive it soon.

Thanks

ZEBRA

Re: waiting

Post by ZEBRA » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:52 am

Thanks a lot saanju.

I really hope I get my decision by end of this month. If not, it's a good idea to nag a college but I think it will be hard.

I do have straight forward case with no gaps and refusal so hope everything goes well.

Good wishes to everyone. :)

saanju9 wrote:
ZEBRA wrote:Hi everyone,

I applied my 10 yrs ilr in Mid March, now it's been over 5months waiting.
I hold student visa till Oct 2014, I finished all the papers in ACCA over 2 yrs, but have passed in 3 papers, I finished all my credits.
Now my college needs me to pay for the next semester which is due in September

My question is.

- Am I required to enrol in new semester? as I have already completed all the subject (but not passed yet).

- If I don't go to college will that affect my current application?
I will have to pay £1500 just to enrol in 15 hrs course (3 papers) which I think is just useless as I won't be studying once ILR is approved.

Please suggest me if anyone got any good solution to it.
Regards
Its a tricky question

1. Good news is it won't affect your application

2. Are there any glitches in your ILR application... is it straight forward and clean. are u sure without a doubt your going to get it. Because if you get refused or something happens ...you might have a problem... although you can have a way out but its going to be hard and you might need to spend a bit more..

3. you can not get caught by Home Office on their random checks in the mean time...

I know its hard .. but I would suggest against it... however, if you're going to take that risk (it is very tiny if your application is straight forward)...than that's fine...Your already 5 months passed and you should get yours in a month or 2 (fingers crossed)...

So weigh the pros and cons in your situation and take a step...

The other thing I might suggest you is to nag the college saying I will pay in a month or pay next week or pay £500 now and the other in two months.... just play along... have attendance... so that you will be fine... if the application goes wrong you can pay the fee... if it goes well, you can say good bye to the college...I don't know how feasible this idea is ...

goodluck...

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:19 pm

33 got ILR

1 refused

27 pending
Thanks for doing this useful statistical job for us.

I wonder, could it be that some people among 27 pending applications simply forgot to update this forum? I can imagine some people may be happy that the wait is over and forget about going to the forum to update.

It is more than 7 months since the beginning of the year. In confirmation letter Home Office say that 99 percent are decided within 6 months. I don't blindly trust everything they say but it would be too big gap between their promise and reality if there were really 27 pending applications since the beginning of the year.
Disclaimer: I am not immigration solicitor. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:07 pm

You are welcome john ,
May be someone forgot within this 27 people .It looks like UKBA has slow down again but i know some pending people who are 1st among us to get ILR in this waiting line are regular in this forum .
''dreamfriend '' applied 1/28/2013 waiting 29 weeks
''dreamingsong'' applied 3/7/2013 waiting 23 weeks
''Zebra'' applied 3/12/2013 waiting 22 weeks
''Cheeta'' waiting 22 weeks
''manwar'' waiting 20 weeks

At the moment it is highly unexpected that someone will get there ILR before 20 weeks (i wish i was wrong ) and most of this 27 people are waiting below 20 weeks .
JohnM wrote:

33 got ILR

1 refused

27 pending
Thanks for doing this useful statistical job for us.

I wonder, could it be that some people among 27 pending applications simply forgot to update this forum? I can imagine some people may be happy that the wait is over and forget about going to the forum to update.

It is more than 7 months since the beginning of the year. In confirmation letter Home Office say that 99 percent are decided within 6 months. I don't blindly trust everything they say but it would be too big gap between their promise and reality if there were really 27 pending applications since the beginning of the year.
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

adlakha84

application to vary 10 years lond stay

Post by adlakha84 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Dear all,

I have my tier 4 application with home office under consideration applied on 4th April , however coming Monday on 19th august I will be 28 days short completing 10 years in the country .
The college I was enrolled for my tier 4 visa has been taken of the list almost 2 months now , I have received no correspondence from home office regarding this , My bio metrics were only done last month as my bio metrics enrollment letter was getting lost in post .

I understand set(lr) is the right form to vary the circumstances of existing application . I wanted some advise on filling up some of the sections in the form

section 1 A16 - circle the amount to be paid - I already have an application in consideration so the fees that would apply to me will be the difference . Do I still tick the full 1050 amount ?

C4 - Is your passport enclosed . my passport is already with them there is no option to state that , Options provided are lost , stolen or expired/returned . should I write it myself with home office ?.

D1 - absence from UK . I don't remember the exact dates . I have only been out of the country 3 times , I am sure I have not lived out more than the time allowed my holidays were maximum 30 days .
The documents listed in the form doctors letters, p60 etc should only be provided if you cannot provide a passport for that period ?.

will there be need to inform home office about cancellation of college license when i submit this new application . I have passed life in UK test .
I do not intend to study in that college anymore they are not showing any intent of running the college in future . after I have submitted this new application will i still need to be enrolled with the college as my previous application was for tier 4 ? however before tier 4 application I was on post study work permit , sec 3c is extending my post study work visa rights .

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:35 pm

At the moment it is highly unexpected that someone will get there ILR before 20 weeks (i wish i was wrong ) and most of this 27 people are waiting below 20 weeks .
Ok, I get it. Thanks. It is important to know that and thanks for all explanation. I thought there are many people from like January, so it is not too bad.
Disclaimer: I am not immigration solicitor. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:57 pm

I spoke with local immigration office 9th of August and they told me my application is under consideration, and wait until end of the month and give them call if i do not hear any news.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 pm

PAGE 20 : PARAGRAPH 9

''Out of time applications made on or after 9 July 2012
Applicants for an extension of stay or ILR must not have overstayed by more than 28 days on the date of application.''

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Damanisshallo wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:I applied 26/3/2013 by set (O) 10 year long residence

Can any one remember that ''in that time overstay limit was 10 days or 28 days ? ''

Please refer to Immigration rules archive between 13 Dec 2012 to 30 Jan 2013. I think this is when the rule was changed. Please look for the List of Immigration rules archives for further reading...you can also find this info in the Statement of Changes for November 2012