ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 without ILR for child born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kmore97

MN1 without ILR for child born in UK

Post by kmore97 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:10 am

My child was born in UK when I was in tier1 and have got a tier 1 dependent visa for her. Now I and my wife have got ILR, but we didn't apply for my daughter's ILR thinking we can apply for her MN1 directly.
The problem is , in section 1.3 of MN1 application form, you need to enter the date of ILR of the child. What do you do for it - can we leave it blnak or does it indicate I should have applied for my daughter's ILR too along with ours?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:22 am

kmore97 wrote:My situation is same as yours. I have my daughter born in UK in 2010 and I and my wife have just got our ILR stamped few days ago. I didn't apply for ILR for my UK born daughter as I thought my daughter is eligible for MN1 directly after seeing various posts in this forum.
I just looked at the MN1 application form - section 1.3 asks to enter the date of ILR for the child.
What do you put there? Can you leave it empty as the child doesn't have ILR.
kmore97 wrote:Hi Jumbo, I didn't get ILR stamped for my UK born child. I and my wife have got ILR just few days ago and the child was born well before our ILR stamp. When we applied for Tier 1 extension I did apply it for my child as well, but I didn't apply for her ILR with ours thinking she's eligible for registration (MN1) as soon as we the couple get our ILRs. The MN1 form section 1.3 asks for date of ILR for the child - can I leave this field blank?
kmore97 wrote:My child was born in UK when I was in tier1 and have got a tier 1 dependent visa for her. Now I and my wife have got ILR, but we didn't apply for my daughter's ILR thinking we can apply for her MN1 directly.
The problem is , in section 1.3 of MN1 application form, you need to enter the date of ILR of the child. What do you do for it - can we leave it blnak or does it indicate I should have applied for my daughter's ILR too along with ours?
Form MN1 wrote:1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK.
Note the "if and when" in the question. Registration under Section 1(3) does not require child to have leave. Therefore, you can leave it blank.

Please refrain from posting multiple instances of the same question.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Re: MN1 without ILR for child born in UK

Post by leicester_boy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:26 pm

hi kmore97,

I am exactly in the same boat at yours. I will be applying for my and wife's ILR next mth and plan to leave out the child and then apply for child's MN1 registeration once we get ILR. But I was looking at MN1 form and it asks for child's ILR date.

Please share your experience. Thanks a ton..
----------------------
]My child was born in UK when I was in tier1 and have got a tier 1 dependent visa for her. Now I and my wife have got ILR, but we didn't apply for my daughter's ILR thinking we can apply for her MN1 directly.
The problem is , in section 1.3 of MN1 application form, you need to enter the date of ILR of the child. What do you do for it - can we leave it blnak or does it indicate I should have applied for my daughter's ILR too along with ours?[/quote]

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:07 pm

What, exactly, does the concerned question say in full?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:20 am

Hi Vinny,

Bellow is what is written on MN1 form..

Many thanks

Section 1: Personal Information ----- Point 1.3 ----- Please say if and when the child was given Indefinite Leave to enter / remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an EEA national, a Swiss national or family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should ensure that they qualify for permanent residence.

Child has indefinite leave to enter / remain in the UK. Date granted -- DD / MM / YY

-----------------
What, exactly, does the concerned question say in full?[/quote]

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:41 am

"If and when" is a conditional question. It doesn't require any response when an ILE/ILR has not been issued. Moreover, as explained above, the UK-born child's ILR is not required.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:05 am

Great, thanks Vinny!
------
It doesn't require any response when an ILE/ILR has not been issued. Moreover, as explained above, the UK-born child's ILR is not required.[/quote]