ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon PEO (Tier 1 General with 2 Dependents)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mytier123
Newly Registered

ILR Success Croydon PEO (Tier 1 General with 2 Dependents)

Post by mytier123 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Dear members,
When I first started my ILR process I was not fully confident whether I will be able do it on my own without a consultant/solicitor’s help. But, after going through the questions frequently asked and success stories posted, I gained confidence to try it on my own and I’m very pleased to share that I, along with my family got our ILR successful. I can’t thank enough to this forum and the people/team who actually manage this forum. Thank you very very much on behalf of my entire family.
Now, here is my success story. I booked my appointment for 06-Aug-2013 at 13:20. I started from home and reached Lunar House, Croydon at 12:15. The security let me enter the building after I showed them the letter. This is the letter I received through post after paying 300£ (1 main + 2 dependent) pounds for the appointment. For ILR aspirants going for a Premium Service, I would strongly recommend to call and pay the 100£ per applicant appointment fee. There are some posts in this forum sharing occasions where they were let with just appointment e-mail confirmation and without a letter (through post) from Home Office confirming the appointment. I just didn’t want to take any chance and hence paid the appointment fee and received a letter confirming the appointment through post. The letter was showing application type as “FS” which is normal and not to be concerned.
After entering the building I was suggested to wait for security checks for 5 minutes. Once security check(similar to the one in airport) was complete, I was routed to a front desk where a lady asked me to give the application. She gave me a ticket number and told to go 3rd floor cafeteria. After reaching 3rd floor, within 5 minutes my ticket number was called. I went to the counter mentioned and the lady in the counter verified the token number and application form and took payment. I paid through debit card and the payment went successfully and was given the receipt of the payment. She told me to wait and after waiting for 5 minutes, the monitor flashed my ticket number and suggested the counter I should visit. I went there and submitted my application. The gentleman at the counter was polite and asked me to give passports and BRP cards first along with SET(O) application. He took around 10 to 15 minutes to verify the passports, BRP cards and the photographs. I was bit curious but he asked me to relax and feel comfortable. After verifying passport, BRP cards and passport, he asked me to give all the supporting documents. This is the time when I handed over all the supporting documents. I asked him whether photocopies are required, he said it would be great if I can give photocopies as well and it will certainly help the case worker very much. I handed the photocopies as well. He then told me to wait for Biometrics.
I waited for 10 minutes and my ticket number as called. The lady at the Biometric counter was very jovial and was chatting my with my 3 year old son throughout the process. The Biometric details were taken and told me that it is going to take around 2 hours and asked whether we would want to wait or would prefer to go out and come back. If we prefer to go out she wanted to give her our contact number. We preferred to wait in the building rather than going out. The waiting game starts here. It took 4 and a half hours for us (13:30 to 17:00).

Here are the stages
1. Verifying Biometric Information
2. Awaiting Consideration
3. Under Consideration
4. Ready For Collection
At 3 “Under Consideration” my ticket number was announced on speaker to go to a counter. This is because I didn’t sign”Declaration” in page 47. This was because in the application at page 47 number 15, says if you select “Yes”, go to next section and as I selected it yes, I thought I should go directly to next section which is “section 11”. Not sure whether I misread the application or understood it wrongly but anyways, I went to the desk and signed it. The lady who took signature said all looks good so far there are couple of more checks to do and asked me to go back and wait. She also shared her compliments that the documents for the application/case is very well organized and thanked for the same.
After a good 30 minutes, my ticket number reached “Ready for Collection”. My ticket number waited for another 30 minutes before being called to go to a counter. When I went to the counter, I was told that I along with my family have been granted ILR and the gentleman gave me the approval letters. He said BRP cards will reach in next 7 to 10 days. Overall, we went at 12:15 and came out at 17:15.
Some highlights about my case.
Category : Tier 1 (General)
Applicants : 1 main applicant and 2 dependents
List of supporting documents I submitted with my application along with a covering letter
1. Proof of Identity
• Biometric Residence Permit of Main Applicant(Ref: XXXXXXXX)
• Biometric Residence Permit of Dependent 1(Ref:XXXXXXXXX)
• Biometric Residence Permit of Dependent 2 (Ref:XXXXXXXXX)
• Current Passport of Main Applicant(Ref:XXXXXXXX)
• Previous Passport of Main Applicant(Ref:XXXXXXXXX)
• Passport of Dependent 1(Ref: XXXXXXXX)
• Passport of Dependent 2 (Ref: XXXXXXXXX)

2. Accommodation Proof
• Tenancy Agreement
• Virgin Media Bill for TV, Telephone and Broadband

3. Proof of Earnings
• Pay slips for last 12 months
• Bank Statements for last 12 months

4. Proof of Employment in UK (UK Experience)
• P60 for the year 2007-2008
• 5 Years Employment History Letter (2008 Till 2013) from HM Revenue & Customs
• Letter from current employer
• Letters (Experience/Exit) from previous employers

5. Life in the UK Test
• Pass Notification Letter of Main Applicant
• Pass Notification Letter of Dependent 1

6. Proof of Cohabitation
• Letter from GP confirming family registration
• Son’s (Dependent 2’s) School offer letter carrying parent’s names
• Council Tax Bill for the year 2013-2014
• Letter from Electoral Services Office
• Joint Savings Account Statement from Bank
• Poll cards of Main Applicant and Dependent 1
• Council Tax Bill for the year 2012-2013
• Family Health Insurance Membership Statement
• Council Tax Bill issued on February 2012
• Tier 1 General Renewal Approval Letter from UK Border Agency to Main Applicant
• Tier 1 General Renewal Approval Letter from UK Border Agency to Dependent 1
• NHS Medical Card for Main Applicant
• NHS Medical Card for Dependent 1

6. Absences from UK
• Letter Explaining Main Applicant’s Absences from UK and Dependents Travel/UK Stay History

Getting a letter of “Employment History” is a straight forward process if you don’t have all the P60s. I would suggest to make this call to HM&Revenue office at least 4 weeks before your appointment date and ask for “Employment History” letter for the duration you need.
As I didn’t had any letter of absences from employers (which personally didn’t make any sense in my case as I was in Tier 1 and my absences were 86 days only for last 6 years), I included a letter explaining my travel history.
Sorry if this is just too much of information and very good to luck to ILR aspirants.

CSREDDY25

Post by CSREDDY25 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Congratulations.
Thanks for sharing ur experience in detail.

krisVisa

reg. child

Post by krisVisa » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Is it required for child also? I can see posts where it is mentioned as not required. please can you confirm

SKJMR

Hi

Post by SKJMR » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:55 am

Firstly congrats on getting your ILR successfully.

My question is I guess you used SET(o) application form and no where in the application they have asked for cohabitation documents, then why did you provide them so many.

Unlike your partner applied for ILR on her own using SET m form you don't need cohabitation documents

As per set o form all we need is marriage certificate,

May be wrong but can you please explain where is it written on application form or ukba website please

Many thanks
Skjmr

Amber
Mood:

Re: Hi

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:05 am

SKJMR wrote:Firstly congrats on getting your ILR successfully.

My question is I guess you used SET(o) application form and no where in the application they have asked for cohabitation documents, then why did you provide them so many.

Unlike your partner applied for ILR on her own using SET m form you don't need cohabitation documents

As per set o form all we need is marriage certificate,

May be wrong but can you please explain where is it written on application form or ukba website please

Many thanks
Skjmr
Set(o) clearly does ask for cohabitation proof.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JShah

Post by JShah » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi all,
I am going to apply for my ILR for myself and my 3 dependents in OCT 2013. I am all ready but the only thing which makes me little worried is that I do not have enough proof of cohabitation. Although my daughter born in UK which is the only proof I have.
Can some one suggest me what shall I do to make my case strong. I also have GP registration card for my dependents as well.
Any help will highly be appreciated

Regards
J

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:02 pm

JShah wrote:Hi all,
I am going to apply for my ILR for myself and my 3 dependents in OCT 2013. I am all ready but the only thing which makes me little worried is that I do not have enough proof of cohabitation. Although my daughter born in UK which is the only proof I have.
Can some one suggest me what shall I do to make my case strong. I also have GP registration card for my dependents as well.
Any help will highly be appreciated

Regards
J
The cohabitation proof is for you and your spouse when did your spouse get her last visa extension? Your UK born child will not need a visa, instead can apply to register as British once you are granted ILR.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JShah

Post by JShah » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks for quick reply.
My spouse got her extension(Tier1 G Dependent) on 6th of Dec 2011 but there first entry to UK on the same dependent visa was 19th July 2011.
Regards
J

timarli

Post by timarli » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Just a quick question about the payments...it may sound a bit naive but;

did you leave the payment section of the form blank and filled it at the PEO? I haven't been to a PEO before and from what I read, I understand that the payment is made at the counter with the physical card rather than the officer entering all the numbers on the form. What if one of the cards is declined?

I think I'm a bit confused.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:07 pm

JShah wrote:Thanks for quick reply.
My spouse got her extension(Tier1 G Dependent) on 6th of Dec 2011 but there first entry to UK on the same dependent visa was 19th July 2011.
Regards
J
Therefore you should be looking at providing cohabitation proof from December 2011. Roughly every 4 months supply a joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm

timarli wrote:Just a quick question about the payments...it may sound a bit naive but;

did you leave the payment section of the form blank and filled it at the PEO? I haven't been to a PEO before and from what I read, I understand that the payment is made at the counter with the physical card rather than the officer entering all the numbers on the form. What if one of the cards is declined?

Yes payment is made at the counter thus not needed on the form, if one is declined try another :wink: you could ring and tell your card issuer that you will be making the said transaction on x day.

timarli

Post by timarli » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:11 pm

D4109125 wrote:
timarli wrote:Just a quick question about the payments...it may sound a bit naive but;

Yes payment is made at the counter thus not needed on the form, if one is declined try another :wink: you could ring and tell your card issuer that you will be making the said transaction on x day.
That was quick - thanks D4109125 :)

leicester_boy
Mood:

Re: ILR Success Croydon PEO (Tier 1 General with 2 Dependent

Post by leicester_boy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:51 am

hi mytier123,

Firsty, congratulations for your ILR. Quick question - was your child born in the UK? If yes, From what I understand from below we don't need need to apply for child's ILR..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 113#896113

Thanks

------------------------

When I first started my ILR process I was not fully confident whether I will be able do it on my own without a consultant/solicitor’s help. But, after going through the questions frequently asked and success stories posted, I gained confidence to try it on my own and I’m very pleased to share that I, along with my family got our ILR successful. I can’t thank enough to this forum and the people/team who actually manage this forum. Thank you very very much on behalf of my entire family.
Now, here is my success story...

mytier123
Newly Registered

Post by mytier123 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Leicester_boy,

No, my son was born in India. In my case, yes, he needs ILR. I'm not sure about the children born in UK. Would let someone who are more informed answer your queries.

Hi All,

Thanks for your greetings. Apologies. I took a good break and wasn't following this forum. I guess most of the queries are already answered if not, please post and I will try answer if I know.

Thanks

mytier123
Newly Registered

Post by mytier123 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi SKJMR,

Please see page 48 in SET(O) form.

"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."

Hope this helps

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:15 pm

thanks mytier123
--------------------

No, my son was born in India. In my case, yes, he needs ILR. I'm not sure about the children born in UK. Would let someone who are more informed answer your queries.