ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to use as ID when having applied for visa?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

sunnymay

What to use as ID when having applied for visa?

Post by sunnymay » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks to the help of everyone on the forums, I have finally sent in my application last week! As I included both my passport and BRP, what form of ID should I use in the meantime? I took copies of my passport/BRP but am not sure if they can be regarded as official forms of ID?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: What to use as ID when having applied for visa?

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:28 pm

sunnymay wrote:Thanks to the help of everyone on the forums, I have finally sent in my application last week! As I included both my passport and BRP, what form of ID should I use in the meantime? I took copies of my passport/BRP but am not sure if they can be regarded as official forms of ID?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

You can use provisional or full UK driving license as legal form of ID in most cases. But if you don't have any of these then you should keep your application postage receipt and acknowledgement letter with you to prove that your passport is at the Home-Office.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.