ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wowboy

FLR or SET (O)/(M)?

Post by wowboy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:53 am

Dear Damanisshallo and Saanju9,

Many thanks for taking your time and helping everyone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm due ILR on Sep2013 based on 10 years rule. : 5 Years-Student; 2 Years-PSW; 3 Years Teir 1 General.

My wife in UK Since 2008, currently Tier 1 Dependant until 2015 Nov. (She qualifies old rule before July 2012) 2 kids born in UK.

1- I understand my dependants CANNOT apply same time as me. Do they have to wait until I get ILR then apply? or can they make separate form (After I receive ackn. letter from HO for my ILR) and apply for FLR or SET(O) in order to reduce waiting time for them as well.
Having read some of your threads I understood some people were successful applying for their wife/husband straight SET(O) with needing apply to FLR

2- I haven't got my previous old passport, is SAR ( Subject Access Request) document provided from HO and Police registration showing last 10 Years enough? or Do i need to show doctor letter which I doubt I can get. However I do have copies of old passport every page but there are copies not Original.

Again any help much appreciated.

smshad

Wife's ILR approved

Post by smshad » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi and Eid Mubarak to the forum.

I just wanted to share good news regarding my wife’s ILR that was approved yesterday at Croydon PEO. She spent 3 years as Tier -1 General dependant and 2.5 months on FLR (M). It was very smooth and efficient process at Croydon. £100 booking fee was deducted from the full fee. Wife's passport validity was less than six months and they didn't object on it.

Thanks to almighty Allah things have gone very smooth for me since my ILR approved. No issues, no objections.

Here is the timeline:
My ILR (10 years) applied: 12th August 2012.
My ILR approved: 01st May 2013.

Wife's FLR (M) applied on: 09th February 2013.
Wife’s FLR (M) approved on: 30th May 2013.

I let daughter's visa expired in Feb 2013 and didn't apply for FLR(M).
Daughter’s MN1 applied: 24th May 2013.
Daughter’s MN1 approved: 16th June 2013.

Wife’s ILR applied at PEO: 09th August 2013 approved same day.

Wish you all the best.
Take care.
Shad.

shaik719

Re: Wife's ILR approved

Post by shaik719 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:36 pm

smshad wrote:Hi and Eid Mubarak to the forum.

I just wanted to share good news regarding my wife’s ILR that was approved yesterday at Croydon PEO. She spent 3 years as Tier -1 General dependant and 2.5 months on FLR (M). It was very smooth and efficient process at Croydon. £100 booking fee was deducted from the full fee. Wife's passport validity was less than six months and they didn't object on it.

Thanks to almighty Allah things have gone very smooth for me since my ILR approved. No issues, no objections.

Here is the timeline:

Wish you all the best.
Take care.
Shad.
Congrats shad best of luck for your future bro

z18runway

Re: Wife's ILR approved

Post by z18runway » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:30 pm

smshad wrote:Hi and Eid Mubarak to the forum.

Here is the timeline:

Wish you all the best.
Take care.
Shad.
congratulations.

still my wife flr(m) hasn't turned yet, more than 6 months complained to UKBA waiting for reply.

vasa_1980
Newly Registered

FLR form sec 4.6 - and documents to sent

Post by vasa_1980 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 pm

I have applied for 10 years ILR and still waiting for result, as my wife visa runs out this month end, I am sending her application with a cover letter. I have the following questions, where I am finding it bit tricky to answer. Can anyone, share your experience? Thank you.

In sec 3.15 – I have mentioned as decision awaiting, applied for ILR under long residency category, enclosed HO acknowledge letter and reference number, hope this is correct?

Under section 4, we have a UK born child who is 4 months old, as I understand that we do not need to apply visa for him, do I need to include his details in sec 4.6?

Also, please advise me if I am missing any documents, thanks again.

I am sending fully filled FLR M form with
• Marriage certificate original and translation
• English language test result original trinity college
• 3 months bank statements of mine and pay slips of mine
• Water bill which has both names
• council tax bill reminder (with both names) as I have sent council tax bill with my ILR 10 years application, I don’t have another copy, hence I am sending payment reminder letter
• Tenancy agreements which has both names
• Landlord letter which has both names
• Doctors & NHS letter wife name and address
• 2 x photographs of my wife and name written on the back, 1 x photograph of myself
• Cover letter - explaining that I have applied for 10 yrs ILR and awaiting for result with Home Office ref
• Photocopies of all documents
• and wife's passport
and payment page signed by myself.

My wife dependent visa was granted in 2011 Nov and she came to this country in Jan 2012.

Thank you

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: FLR form sec 4.6 - and documents to sent

Post by saanju9 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:42 am

vasa_1980 wrote:I have applied for 10 years ILR and still waiting for result, as my wife visa runs out this month end, I am sending her application with a cover letter. I have the following questions, where I am finding it bit tricky to answer. Can anyone, share your experience? Thank you.

In sec 3.15 – I have mentioned as decision awaiting, applied for ILR under long residency category, enclosed HO acknowledge letter and reference number, hope this is correct?

Yup this is correct

Under section 4, we have a UK born child who is 4 months old, as I understand that we do not need to apply visa for him, do I need to include his details in sec 4.6?

can someone else help please... however, my advise is - you can give details but do mention in 4.9 that the child doesn't come under immigration control

Also, please advise me if I am missing any documents, thanks again.

I am sending fully filled FLR M form with
• Marriage certificate original and translation
• English language test result original trinity college
• 3 months bank statements of mine and pay slips of mine make them 6 months
• Water bill which has both names
• council tax bill reminder (with both names) as I have sent council tax bill with my ILR 10 years application, I don’t have another copy, hence I am sending payment reminder letter
• Tenancy agreements which has both names
• Landlord letter which has both names
• Doctors & NHS letter wife name and address
• 2 x photographs of my wife and name written on the back, 1 x photograph of myself
• Cover letter - explaining that I have applied for 10 yrs ILR and awaiting for result with Home Office ref
• Photocopies of all documents
• and wife's passport
and payment page signed by myself.

I can't think of any.. Go to section 12 and make sure ure sending everything they are asking for ..that will do the job

My wife dependent visa was granted in 2011 Nov and she came to this country in Jan 2012.

Thank you

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR or SET (O)/(M)?

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:59 pm

wowboy wrote:Dear Damanisshallo and Saanju9,

Many thanks for taking your time and helping everyone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm due ILR on Sep2013 based on 10 years rule. : 5 Years-Student; 2 Years-PSW; 3 Years Teir 1 General.

My wife in UK Since 2008, currently Tier 1 Dependant until 2015 Nov. (She qualifies old rule before July 2012) 2 kids born in UK.

1- I understand my dependants CANNOT apply same time as me. Do they have to wait until I get ILR then apply? or can they make separate form (After I receive ackn. letter from HO for my ILR) and apply for FLR or SET(O) in order to reduce waiting time for them as well.
Having read some of your threads I understood some people were successful applying for their wife/husband straight SET(O) with needing apply to FLR

With regards to your children, don't make any application until you get your decision and you can register them using MN1 App.

WRT your wife's application, I cannot think of any benefit in making an application for your wife as she's got enough leave until you get your decision. Once you get your decision you can try to attend the PEO and make an application for her ILR using SET(O). Please refer to this post to see how she can qualify.

2- I haven't got my previous old passport, is SAR ( Subject Access Request) document provided from HO and Police registration showing last 10 Years enough? or Do i need to show doctor letter which I doubt I can get. However I do have copies of old passport every page but there are copies not Original.

I'd try to request it from the GP as it clearly says if any of your previous passports are not enclosed, please provide proofs of your stay in this country.

Again any help much appreciated.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

amohammedzia
Newly Registered

FLR M

Post by amohammedzia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Dear Damanisshallo and Saanju9,
I applied ILR 17-09-12 and FLR M for my wife on 20-05-13 and I got my approved ILR on 20-06-13 after 9 months and today I got the query from uk border agency asking WIFE employer letter , contract of employment and p60 AND TAX Documentation but my wife never worked in uk
And i applied a depended for my wife on my 10 year ILR and I have send my bank statement and payslip.

I don’t understand what to do

Need a help from Gurus plz
Advance thanks
Damanisshallo and saanju9

eejzx
Newly Registered

Post by eejzx » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:38 pm

If you look through my previous posts you will see my husbands history but I will summarize below.

Applied for FLR(m) Dec 11
Application recieved mid Dec 11
Biometrics done Jan 12
No update July 12
No decision made Oct 12
No decision made April 13
Contacted MP April/May 13 who said home office has now assigned caseworker to our application and at the latest we should hear back by July end at latest.
Called for marriage interview at Liverpool. End of May.
Attended interview with husband and kids. As soon as the woman interviewing me sat me down she told me I can see youre a geniuine couple by just looking at you, really just have to go through the motions. Interview lasted 30 minutes and my husband and I answered most of the question the same, but not all! Ha.
Anyway passed the interview and husband got FLR(m) and BRP arrived 2 weeks later.

Then made an appointment at Glasgow PEO for ILR. Attended the appointment had a pile of letters about 8 inches thick addressed to me and my husband. But guess what we forgot our bank statements. The guy was super angry saying that we coudlnt prove our income! But it got approved apparantly he couldnt refuse it just based on finances, we had husbands payslips and tax credits letters but they wanted to see the money going into the account. Anyway the process was about 4 hours but we were allowed to go out and come back, we went to Nandos for lunch. But thank god it's over!

Both me and my husband get tax credits and child benefit but have never claimed any other benefits, we have supported ourselves including having 2 cars paying a mortgage and bills ourselves.

The most annoying thing about this all was that, the guy said to us 'how do I know you can support yourselves without recourse to public funds'

Literally 15 minutes later the woman called us and said 'we've decided to approve your ILR, your one restriction on your last visa has been lifted and you are now allowed to claim public funds'. what a joke!!!!!

husbands history is that he was due to apply for ilr in 2009 but had driving conviction and it fell into an unspent conviction back then.

But we're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Yay no more collectiong documents!

Good luck to everyone!

steev123raut
Newly Registered

Post by steev123raut » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks!!

Richieabb
Newly Registered

Invitation for Interview

Post by Richieabb » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Mate, am new to this site.
Have just received a letter to attend interview with my spouse at Liverpool office of The Home Office, have applied since February last year (2012) this year January a letter was sent requesting additional docs which have sent back but today again receiving a letter to attend interview. I just want to ask if there is anyone in the similar situation or had experience about the interview. Any information will be more appreciated.
Regards

susoroh
Newly Registered

Post by susoroh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Application - 08/09/12
Biometrics letter rec - 29/11/12
Biometrics taken - 04/12/12
Refusal letter - 26/03/13
Appeal hearing date - 20/08/13
Notice of adjourned hearing - 16/08/13
New hearing date - 29/10/13

inzi2k

English language requirement for FLR-M

Post by inzi2k » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi All,

I am applying FLR-M for my wife, I have ILR. My question is regarding English language requirement!

She has masters degree from Pakistan and has UK Naric equivalent certificate says her education is equivalent to UK Bachelor.

But none of her certificate says her education were in english. She works in LOcal GP surgery and Passed her Life in UK test.

Are these enough or
Does she still need to pass any other test?

Please guide

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: English language requirement for FLR-M

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 am

inzi2k wrote:.I am applying FLR-M for my wife, I have ILR. My question is regarding English language requirement!

She has masters degree from Pakistan and has UK Naric equivalent certificate says her education is equivalent to UK Bachelor.

But none of her certificate says her education were in english. She works in LOcal GP surgery and Passed her Life in UK test.

Are these enough or
Does she still need to pass any other test?
Follow this similar post
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:57 am

saanju9 wrote:
habsimak wrote:
habsimak wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote: Yes you can. Since she's already completed her residential qualifying period, she can apply for settlement as soon as she's issued with her FLR(M).
Dear Damanisshallo, we had this communication in the past but I saw on the forum that there are some new rules coming on 6 April 2013. Under which a dependent's time which is spent on a non settlement route will not be counted towards her ILR. I am confused can you please advise me as to what you think is right.

regards
Habsimak
Dear Damanisshallo, I have recently got my wife's flr(M) which i applied on 03rd April 2013 as advised by you to avoid the new rules.

Now my question is can i apply for set(M) for my wife straight away? Her immigration history is as follows:
PSW dependent visa in Nov 2010,
First time travel in Feb 2011
Switched to Tier 1 general dependent March 2012
Switched to Flr(M) 18 July 2013 (applied on 03rd April 2013)

I called home office general enquiries and they said that the period of psw dependent will not be counted towards settlement and she has to wait till March 2014 to apply.

Can you please guide me in this regard.
They are correct

the period spent on PSW dependent visa will not count towards the ILR... so unfortunately you have to wait till March 2014.

So at this time you will have to have 1. LIUK, 2. B1 level of english language test... If your spouse has done the A1 level already for FLR(M)... that might NOT serve the purpose for his / her SET(M)... but we will have to wait and see when the rules come up end of Oct.

But if He/she has proved their English ability in a different means then they should be all clear apart from LIUK
Dear Sanju9
I though to update you on the advise you gave me above, I got ILR for my wife and they consider PSW duration on my case. Unfortunately you were wrong to say that the duration under PSW will not be considered.

April 2013 changes only stop dependends of a long residency ILR candidate from switching into flr (M) under the old rules if they are on a visa which doesn't lead to settlement. Which means their flr m will have to be on new rules and will have to spend 5 year and show the financial requirements under FM.

Hope this will help in your future replies to others.

z18runway

Re: FLR M

Post by z18runway » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:49 pm

amohammedzia wrote:Dear Damanisshallo and Saanju9,
I applied ILR 17-09-12 and FLR M for my wife on 20-05-13 and I got my approved ILR on 20-06-13 after 9 months and today I got the query from uk border agency asking WIFE employer letter , contract of employment and p60 AND TAX Documentation but my wife never worked in uk
And i applied a depended for my wife on my 10 year ILR and I have send my bank statement and payslip.

I don’t understand what to do

Need a help from Gurus plz
Advance thanks
Damanisshallo and saanju9
Just send them what they asked for, if your wife never worked before, you need to write covering letter specifying that reason.

May be they are looking for adequate maintenance.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:55 pm

habsimak wrote: Dear Sanju9
I though to update you on the advise you gave me above, I got ILR for my wife and they consider PSW duration on my case. Unfortunately you were wrong to say that the duration under PSW will not be considered.

April 2013 changes only stop dependends of a long residency ILR candidate from switching into flr (M) under the old rules if they are on a visa which doesn't lead to settlement. Which means their flr m will have to be on new rules and will have to spend 5 year and show the financial requirements under FM.

Sorry mate!!... but how come the Home Office got it wrong as well...

So can a tier 4 dependent get a ILR as well????

Damanishallo is this knew to you ...or did you know this already

Anyways good luck...

Probably my knowledge over this area is getting obscure day by day... So I might have to take it easy advising people from now

Bye guys..

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:16 pm

saanju9 wrote:
habsimak wrote: Dear Sanju9

Sorry mate!!... but how come the Home Office got it wrong as well...

So can a tier 4 dependent get a ILR as well????

Damanishallo is this knew to you ...or did you know this already

Anyways good luck...

Probably my knowledge over this area is getting obscure day by day... So I might have to take it easy advising people from now

Bye guys..
No worries.
someone name sushdmehta has made a stick note please follow the link
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=143881

Basically I emailed policy ops team at liverpool and the lady replied saying tier 1 psw is not in the category for restriction.

What i understood from her is that if the main applicant switched to ILR through long residency and the depends were on a visa which is not leading to settlement at that time then they have to go through 5 year route. Its still confusing but the best option is to email the policy ops with your case details at UKBA and take their word. When i called ukba for clarification they also said she has to wait but we went to liverpoool PEO and got the ILR in less than 3 hours. It was straight forward and no questions asked.

You all have been great help for me all these though periods. By the Grace of Allah SWT and prayers of My Parents we have been through with all this and now the last hurdle is naturalisation and will surely come back for help on this forum.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:40 am

habsimak wrote: No worries.

Basically I emailed policy ops team at liverpool and the lady replied saying tier 1 psw is not in the category for restriction.

What i understood from her is that if the main applicant switched to ILR through long residency and the depends were on a visa which is not leading to settlement at that time then they have to go through 5 year route. Its still confusing but the best option is to email the policy ops with your case details at UKBA and take their word. When i called ukba for clarification they also said she has to wait but we went to liverpoool PEO and got the ILR in less than 3 hours. It was straight forward and no questions asked.

You all have been great help for me all these though periods. By the Grace of Allah SWT and prayers of My Parents we have been through with all this and now the last hurdle is naturalisation and will surely come back for help on this forum.
I read sushmetha's note but what I didn't understood is Tier 1 (PSW)... I never came across Tier 1 (PSW)... I know PSW and tier 1 (general) (which I had been through in my 10 years) and there other options in tier 1 such as entrepreneur, religious head and so on.

Anyways good luck

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 pm

saanju9 wrote:
habsimak wrote: No worries.

I read sushmetha's note but what I didn't understood is Tier 1 (PSW)... I never came across Tier 1 (PSW)... I know PSW and tier 1 (general) (which I had been through in my 10 years) and there other options in tier 1 such as entrepreneur, religious head and so on.

Anyways good luck
PSW falls under Tier 1. It is since all the visas were categorised in tiers

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:51 pm

For the purpose of 287(a)(i)(d):
319AA wrote:In paragraphs 319A to 319K and Appendix E, 'Relevant Points Based System Migrant' means a migrant granted to leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant
As I explained previously the rules will be changing but it is not clear when, the statement of intent should be amended prior to a change being implemented.

You should check your eligibility prior to your application where applicable.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Salama84
Newly Registered

Post by Salama84 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:08 am

Hello everyone,

I am a silent follower of this forum,

I would like to let everyone of my timeline,

FLR (O) Application submitted : 19/06/2013
Biometric taken : October 2013
Outcome : Granted 30 months letter dated 29/08/2013 and received to solicitor's office: 30/08/2013.

I entered the UK illegally and then met my British partner she was not British then as she only naturalised recently. we also have a British child.

i would like to wish all of you the best of luck, who ever is waiting the long will soon end and hopefully you will be blessed with good news, People who have been refused, please trust in God and soon your suffering will end.

Congratulations to all who have been granted, all of us have is own circumstances but i am sure that all of us have one thing in common, we all want to be free and protect our private life.

thank you
all the best to all specially Verbina.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:38 am

Salama84 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am a silent follower of this forum,

I would like to let everyone of my timeline,

FLR (O) Application submitted : 19/06/2013
Biometric taken : October 2013
Outcome : Granted 30 months letter dated 29/08/2013 and received to solicitor's office: 30/08/2013.

I entered the UK illegally and then met my British partner she was not British then as she only naturalised recently. we also have a British child.

i would like to wish all of you the best of luck, who ever is waiting the long will soon end and hopefully you will be blessed with good news, People who have been refused, please trust in God and soon your suffering will end.

Congratulations to all who have been granted, all of us have is own circumstances but i am sure that all of us have one thing in common, we all want to be free and protect our private life.

thank you
all the best to all specially Verbina.
Post FLR(O) timelines here (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Salama84
Newly Registered

Post by Salama84 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:28 am

sorry about that

arp
Newly Registered

FLR M - Financial requirement

Post by arp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi,
My wife is on Tier 1 visa and it will be expiring on end October. I was on her dependent visa and in June I got my ILR via 10 year route.

She is changing her status as my dependent and she will be applying via FLR(M) route with out any dependent.

She earns over 25k annual and for financial requirement can she apply for FLR (M) only with her employment details ? Or do I have to give my employment details as I'm the sponsor of her ?

Thanks,
ARP