ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit for non EU fam members EU1 pending forms

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:00 pm

Oak
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chimphat
Newly Registered

work permit for non EU fam members EU1 pending forms

Post by chimphat » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi,

I have actually been investigating this for 2 days now. I spoke to the Employment department today. And it is possible to apply if you are married to EU national providing you are awaiting a decision from the Justice Department for the residence card /EU1 form.

You need to send in
Photocopies of passports and Marriage cert
A letter from employer of EU national stating how long they have been working for the company.
Any relevant visa or immigration stamps
Plus application form

Then all you need is an employer to who wants you and is willing pay between 30 - 60k.

But the women on the phone said that it can take up to 8 weeks to be processed. But some people on this forum have written that it can fast tracked so I don't know about time.

hope this sheds some light

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue May 01, 2007 7:59 pm

I know of someone who applied for a spouse work permit based on his spouse being in Ireland on a work permit.He apparently has been waiting since January.This is for the normal spouse work permit.Both of them are not E.U citizens. I dont know how long the E.U spouse work permit takes,hopefully it's shorter.Does anyone have a clue?

stmani

Post by stmani » Mon May 21, 2007 11:19 am

has anybody got any reply from work permit department in relation to work permit??????

lu_rvs
Newly Registered

Post by lu_rvs » Mon May 21, 2007 12:40 pm

My husband got his permit about two weeks ago. It took about a month. It would have taken a couple of weeks but the employer didn't fill one of the questions out correctly. It was very minor correction though. My husband now has is PPS and is getting paid. It's definitely a relief for us. Unfortunately he is on contract and therefore the permit is only for that time of contract. He'll have to reapply when he gets a new contract.

Static

Post by Static » Mon May 21, 2007 1:31 pm

lu_rvs wrote:My husband got his permit about two weeks ago. It took about a month. It would have taken a couple of weeks but the employer didn't fill one of the questions out correctly. It was very minor correction though. My husband now has is PPS and is getting paid. It's definitely a relief for us. Unfortunately he is on contract and therefore the permit is only for that time of contract. He'll have to reapply when he gets a new contract.
contract?? mine was refused because of that!! :( just goes to show that there is no standard way of operating here. :( :( I could be working now.

lu_rvs
Newly Registered

Post by lu_rvs » Mon May 21, 2007 3:50 pm

That's very surprising. The original e-mail I obtained from the work permit department said nothing about contracts. I would contact them if you haven't already.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon May 21, 2007 9:59 pm

Well, it seems they just operate any old way they want! Someone I know received the spouse work permit after waiting for two months.