ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

booked ceremony date but currently abroad.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Smkuk

booked ceremony date but currently abroad.

Post by Smkuk » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi
I received invitation letter 2months ago and booked my ceremony date on 2 September but currently in India since 2 months because of my brother's marriage, I will return by 30 September, I spoke to council they cannot extend the date if it is more than 3 months period, they will return the letter to HO and they said to speak to them.
what shall i do?

please help me ?

barnaby

Re: booked ceremony date but currently abroad.

Post by barnaby » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Smkuk wrote:I received invitation letter 2months ago and booked my ceremony date on 2 September but currently in India since 2 months because of my brother's marriage, I will return by 30 September, I spoke to council they cannot extend the date if it is more than 3 months period, they will return the letter to HO and they said to speak to them.
what shall i do?
Why not stick to the 90-day deadline like everyone else has to?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:55 pm

If you don't attend the ceremony within the 90 day stipulated period, the certificate is sent back to UKBA and you will most likely need to apply for BC and pay the fee again unless there are compelling compassionate reasons you are unable to attend within the time frame.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Taking advantage of Indian passport to every last bit you can... :D

Well I suggest you come back just for ceremony and go back to India on Indian passport as you are allowed 3 months grace to travel on Indian passport after getting British citizenship. Apply for British passport when you come back or if you are staying in India for longer period apply for British passport in India, there may be higher fees and more waiting ....

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports