ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work right in Uk for EEA visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amila1981
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Work right in Uk for EEA visa

Post by amila1981 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi,

I applied for EEA family visa on 26th April 2013.But then I got the letter saying that they can not confirm my right to work in UK at the moment.I was a student for 4 years in uk and work till 2012. I left my part time job last August due to changed work rights for students and I am now totally depending on my sister who is my sponsor for EEA visa as well.But as its almost a year even without a part time job and asking money for every single thing has been most depressing than ever..

Why UKBA can not give the certificate of application with right to work in uk?(As I have seen others got that letter within 2 weeks)
Can you please advise me to do the best next thing to do at the moment? Can I contact UKBA without any help from my lawyer?

Tks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Extended family members have no automatic right under the EEA Regulation.

It is only after they have been issued a residence document under the EEA regulation, will they be entitled to work.

Even a lawyer will be unable to get you a COA with a right to work, until your application is approved.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors