ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which bank is Safe to Place the money: Remove the Confusion

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samir01

Which bank is Safe to Place the money: Remove the Confusion

Post by samir01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi Guys.

Those with 50K or Even 25K.
These banks Will Keep your money safe and will not Freeze or Eatup
I have heard of some people in real trouble as bank Freeze their accounts.
I am Just going to Share my Experience So few bank names are not mentioned as i do not have information about them

Dont Use these for your Own Safety, (Dangerous Banks)
1. LLoyds Current Account : They can Block you Over 10K Transaction.
2. Metro Current: Over 10K can Block your Access with new Accounts
3: Natwest Current: new Account Holders can have Trouble
4: Habib Bank Current: (PAK International Bank) : No
5: Cooperative Current Account: No
6: No Small/New Banks at all

Do use only These in Order to Survive any Major Problem of Blockade & Freeze. (Transactions from 25k to 75k) Easy to Move in & Move Out.

1. Barclays Everyday Saver Account
2: Halifax Everyday Saver Account
3: Halifax Current Account
4: Business Account with any Major bank

For People looking for Sign and Stamp Easily from Anywhere
Its Easy from Barclays Shphrd bush branch and Other branches as well.
Halifax also does it. Most banks do no do sign and Stamp including Metro and other few big names.

Other People can share their experience if they like, but i hope this will also be enough for upcoming applicants to remain trouble free.

(Keep receipts of money in your Hands if you receive money from Abroad like PAK etc.) Use Western Union for Safe Money retrieval as some people in PAK and India does not use proper paperwork to transfer and then these issues can give you a problem and the Bank can Freeze your money if transaction are 10k or above on current accounts mostly on the basis of money laundering issues.

Regards

smartmind101

thanks !!

Post by smartmind101 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:34 am

thanks for sharing the info bro...

do u have any idea about how natwest is treating its customers with its savings accounts.

I got the money into my lloyds current account, but soon transfered it to natwest savings account. I am almost new to natwest, so would like to know about any experieneces you have heard about natwest if 50k is present in it.

Although, I must say I have had a very bad experience with natwest in terms of getting bank statements. they would only give 1 bank statement a month. i told them that as i am applying with my team member ( we have joint account in natwest), so I need another copy of statement by post, but they say that its not possible. Also, they say that they do not stamp the statements anymore....pheeewwww !!

As far as getting bank statements is concerned, lloyds has always been good. In case u need more copies, get it by paying £1.

Anyways, plz answer, about natwest experience. Thanks !!

samir01

Re: thanks !!

Post by samir01 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:36 am

smartmind101 wrote:thanks for sharing the info bro...

do u have any idea about how natwest is treating its customers with its savings accounts.

I got the money into my lloyds current account, but soon transfered it to natwest savings account. I am almost new to natwest, so would like to know about any experieneces you have heard about natwest if 50k is present in it.

Although, I must say I have had a very bad experience with natwest in terms of getting bank statements. they would only give 1 bank statement a month. i told them that as i am applying with my team member ( we have joint account in natwest), so I need another copy of statement by post, but they say that its not possible. Also, they say that they do not stamp the statements anymore....pheeewwww !!

As far as getting bank statements is concerned, lloyds has always been good. In case u need more copies, get it by paying £1.

It Create Problem in certain cases. Thes best to you is give 10 minutes and Open Barclays Everyday Saver or Halifax Everyday Saver Account
You will be able to have bank statements anytime from Branch and have them Sign and stamp.

These banks are money hungry they dont block money Others sometimes does it and ask million of questions including Lloyds Current account.
Why the money is here
Where did it come from
Who sent it to you
If its for business purposes then why its not business account
Even Lloyds can easily Freeze your account and easily EATUP your money they are most dangerous for 10k or Above

my_friend

Re: thanks !!

Post by my_friend » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:51 pm

smartmind101 wrote:thanks for sharing the info bro...

u can easily print out statement online from natwent on a color printer....they give u exactly the same as it would come out in post....
if you want two statements...order one through going in the branch and order the other over phone...

i am an old customer of natwest..and i never had problems with ordering statements...
Maybe i have my paper statements off...so with paper statements off ican order as many as i can...

but i would strongly suggest print it out on a color printer...i do the same each time i apply...

nolada

Post by nolada » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:42 pm

you will need to make sure is the bank is covered by FSCS that will covers your money upto £80,000 for any complains or you think you miss sold any financial product you will contact the FSA, I cant say there is good bank or bad one they are like shop every one of them got offers get the best of every one according to interest rates or monthly rewards .. and always read the small prints ..
I love talking money its my life

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:32 pm

The OP is very ill-informed....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Never heard any band doing anything like this. Not sure what is the source of this information.